FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is Mafia? And how can I play? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is Mafia? And how can I play?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've never done this before, but I'll give it a go.

Please note that it took me 3 months to figure out how to work a DVD player, and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I caved in and posted my profile. I just better not be the second person dead again... [Grumble]
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
In the Martian colony mafia, which was my only experience, it was a bad idea to jabber too much (which I was doing). I was really excited to play and was trying to interact with people a lot, but the serial killer was merciful enough to take me out right before I got lynched. :sigh: Wasn't I the only member of the mafia that was dead at the end?

So it shouldn't be really time consuming. But it may be totally different if you are not a mafia member. Though I'll be voting for whoever has said the least. Pretty much. Unless it doesn't seem to be working.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I will post a profile as soon as I get home from work today. Sorry, Pat, I've been ridiculously busy this week.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:bump: Come on, folks, my chances of survival depend on more people signing up [Cool]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm attempting to wrangle as many people as I can over to Grenme to join up.

Under the pretense of "its not so bad! Try it. Please? For me?"

i count 15, and if the people who said they will end up actually doing it, we could very well reach 20.

Come on you procrastinators! Procrastinate something else, and go write a mafia profile!

And to answer some peoples questions:
You need nothing more than the ability to read a forum and post, and since you're at hatrack, i think you can do it.
AIM is not needed, although some people like it. There have been games where AIM has been severely discouraged, and other games where its great to have. MEANING: you don't need it!

[[edits to clarify]]
[Hat]

[ March 05, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Psycho Triad ]

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Has never had AIM, yet managed to singlehandedly route the townies in the previous game -- with help from evilcelia.

Just use GMS. You can set it up to notify you via email every time you get a message. It's all the correspondence you need.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll play but let me go back and figure out what it means to "post a profile".
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
We only need 3 more people for a game of 20!!!

Where are you all? come post your characters!

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me just point out that there is now a sexy, eligible 17-year-old bachelorette in the town now, and she's looking for a man. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Damander really wants to play this time, so when she gets home tonight I'll bother her until she posts a profile. [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Good.
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

18. yay!

Where the frell is Nate//TSmith//SexyNathan (whichever name he goes by these days) he said he was gonna play, but never made up a character.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.