FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Here by popular demand, Raia's guy

Author Topic: Here by popular demand, Raia's guy
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new to Hatrack, and according to Raia, people wanted me to join and wanted to meet me, so here I am. And I’d like to take this chance to tell every one that Raia is the best, and she finally got her drivers license, so congratulate her.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees that Shani is ubercool*
*is going to stay off the road now that she has her license* [Taunt]

Anyways, welcome to hatrack bro.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, thanks, Stryker!! And welcome to Hatrack!! [Wave] I would introduce myself, like I always do, but you know me, so that's slightly pointless.

And Noah, thanks to you too. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime Shani. ;-) *burns her license while she isn't looking*

Hey Stryker, I envy your round member number. (6300)

How'd you come up with your member name?

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't run over any squirrels, okay? The DOT has enough to do already!

(I mean congratulations!)

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*thwaps Noah and PSI*

The guy said I was a GOOD driver! [Taunt]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
HEH. I ran into a cone during my test, which is an automatic failure (but they didn't tell me that.) The thing was that I had been driving for years and was really good.

Good thing I'm hot. [Evil Laugh]

Passed with flying colors.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! [Wave]

Hooray for happy couples on Hatrack!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome so far people, and the name is my first and middle initials, and my grandmothers maiden name, I’ve been using it as a pen name for years (3)
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, I was wondering when she'd talk you into joining, glad she did. [Wave]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome.

It's always great having a new addition to Hatrack. I'm sure you'll fit right into our snug community.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
*uses psychic powers*

You must be Tyler. The Tyler. Yep. I know alllllll about you. [Wink] Welcome to the River!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, JT. welcome to the 'rack. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Your name makes me think Mortal Kombat
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Stryker! [Big Grin] [Wave]

And congrats to Shani on her license! WOOT, freedom! [Party]

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Stryker.

You actually knew, let alone remembered, your grandmother's maiden name? Whoa.

And congratulations Raia. Any plans on purchasing a radar dedector?

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Stryker is an awesome last name. My great-grandmothers' maiden names were Dare and Traveler, and I always thought that was cool. You remember the ones that sound like comic book heroes.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Stryker is a comic-book villain!

So what's cookin', Mr. Villain?

And howdy.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiyas!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, JT, and congratulations, Raia. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Any friend of Nini's is a friend of mine, if you ever find thyself in need of defence, I can be found at BHSn and my pickaxe is ever sharp.

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Val... [Kiss] you dork. [Wink]

Starla: Thanks for the congratulations! [Monkeys]

Da_Goat: Ditto. [Smile] And nope, no plans of the kind just yet... [Wink]

CT: Thanks!! [Kiss]

And Stryker... about Rhaegar... he TOTALLY means it!

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Thanks for the welcome folks, and that pick axe will go well with my sledge hammer.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

So, tell us about yourself, I mean, tell everyone else about yourself. I've been briefed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

A little about my self, ok I can do that. I'm 16 ,5ft. 6in., and 126 lbs. I am a sophomore in high school, a Life scout (so close to yet so far away from Eagle), and I’m a retired wrestler. I was ranked 10 ten in the state of Indiana before I crushed my foot (lots of surgery, pain, and pain medication). I now am very active in BSA (Boy Scouts of America) and theatre at both the high school and professional levels. If you have any questions, just ask, I’ll answer almost anything. and as long as i check this thread, i'll answer the questions.

[ March 09, 2004, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Wow, you might want to edit that last post, or you will be subjected to any questions and if you refuse any, we will link you back to here.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You actually knew, let alone remembered, your grandmother's maiden name? Whoa.
Hey, I know my grandmother's maiden name...on my mother's side, at any rate. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome here J T Stryker. [Wave]
I have a question for you.
As an Eagle scout myself (Troop 111 Tall Pines Council based out of the Linden Sportsman's Club in Linden, Michigan. oh and have been part of various others as a committee member) I was wondering if you have thought up of an Eagle Project yet? At 16 you should definately start working on that. Please do not wait too long as I almost did. I made eagle in Feb of 1998 and my 18th B-day was April 17th. little close. My friend Zac ran out of time. and Good Luck!!!

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I'm in Troop 100 out of Hoosier Trails council, and I’m building an 18 ft. long bridge.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats Great! I built a wooden cross sign for my Church. It is nice to hear a new idea (new to me). Most of the boys back home are limited as we live in mid mich. They make do though. Glad to hear you have a project.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

Ya, most guy's in my troop just go to the DNR and say that they need an eagle project
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Ouch! Well, if the Troop and Council approve of it, then I guess it could be ok. My favorites (I have had to vote on approval of about 5 projects so far) are always the originals. Although I almost placed a disapproved vote on a project due to the boys age. He was 14 yo! I think you should at least be 15 going on 16 to go for the Project. Because by that time you have gone to so many of the same outings it is redundant and it is time to move on to it. However, age can not necessarily be a total factor in a disapproval. Now we did get concerned when we had two boys w/ the same idea of a project, but for different groups.

[ March 09, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.