FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » See? Not Violent At All

Author Topic: See? Not Violent At All
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Totally Peaceful
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing like Montel to spark meaningful discussions at home.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I especially liked how the article attributed the fight specifically to the TV show. Not to the marijuana, or their general stupidity, or anything. Classy.

[ March 10, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Guns don't kill people, Montel kills people.

Maybe he should have a show "I killed my husband, and it was Montel's fault."

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
What, you mean drugs can alter your judgment. No way! I thought they helped you make good, positive decisions.

And nothing screams level headedness like a slug in the head board. Come on, The wife should have seen the sense in that argument. Didn't you see that tactic used the other day on CNN too? Well, maybe that was just me, I mean I had just smoked a big spliff. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Livious
Member # 2326

- posted      Profile for Livious   Email Livious         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cecil then struck his wife, fetched a handgun and fired a shot into the bed's headboard near Teri to show that he did not like his wife calling him a violent partner
This is in the running for my favorite sentence ever.
Posts: 317 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree completely with Livious. [Laugh]

And it's not funny, but it is.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I like how just hitting her wasn't enough; he had to almost shoot her.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's the saddest single sentence I have ever read...

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It does demonstrate some of the complex psychological issues with regard to domestic violence.

He probably thought he wans't being violent because he purposely didn't shoot her.

There was a case where a woman on a domestic violence hotline answered "No" to the question, "Are you in danger now?" Later it was evident that the husband was right outside the locked bedroom door with a loaded handgun. The woman didn't consider that dangerous. If he was pointing it at her it would be dangerous.

Tha worst cases of domestic abuse generally happen when both people think that violence is an appropriate way to show love. It really is a hereditary disease.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.