FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Worst Movie Lines Ever (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst Movie Lines Ever
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Every Brandon Frasier and Steve Martin line in the new Looney Tunes movie.

But the toons had a couple of good moments.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Brendan Fraser. Get it right.

Just kidding. I'm still trying to come up with a worst line. I watch too many movies...bad movies, and it's hard to keep them straight.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
The part in the previews where his pants fly off looked pretty good.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a movie that came out a year or two ago called The Transporter. I was really torn by it. On the one hand, it was directed by Cory Yuen, who has been behind some of the best fight scenes ever to make it to film. The soundtrack was by Stanley Clarke, who is a demigod. Jason Statham did more with his role than I ever would have thought him capable of. But the movie still reeked like a skunk that had moved its bowels in the middle of the street, got hit by a car and died in a pile of its own feces, remaining alive just long enough to fart. And the main culprits were the writers. The storyline was bad even for an action film. I swear, it made xXx look like Othello. And it was full of the worst dialogue you'll ever have the misfortune of hearing. But one line stood out above all others, and it went something like this (from memory):

"He may be a bastard, but he's still my father."

That was the turd-flavored icing on a dirt cake. What a horrible experience that movie was.

[ March 11, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Turd flavored icing on a dirt cake.

Now THAT'S a good line.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I post the entire script of
"Mars Attacks"?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
As an aside, inspired by Belle, I really thought Geoffery Rush was as good as, if not better than Johnny Depp in PotC... that man is an amazing actor...

"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request...

[that] means 'no' "

[ROFL]

sorry for injecting good stuff into this thread... forgive please
[Hail] <--- TAK groveling

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Turd flavored icing on a dirt cake.
This isn't movie related but maybe you've heard of a video game called mario party.
Anyway there's a level in it where you run around on a giant cake, the thing is, plants start to grow out of it.
My sisters and I always call it the manure(sp?) cake.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
"Some motha-******* are always tryin' to ice-skate uphill."
-Blade

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
"Let's just hope Harry Potter will always be around to save the day."

"I will be."

-HP Chamber of Secrets. This one just made my gag reflex kick in. How cheesy can you get?

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
"Can you protect the President?"
"Only one way to find out."
-XXX: State of the Union

I never actually saw the movie, but who in the heck chose this to be in the previews. Generally, when one asks something like that, they are looking for a slightly more confident answer than "One way to find out".

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This one just made my gag reflex kick in. How cheesy can you get?
Anything in SS would top that [Smile]
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"God is SO smart-," 1st angel
"Like, Jeopardy smart," 2nd angel
From Little Nicky

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
What's the name of that stupid James Bond movie with Denise Richards? He's about to go try to diffuse the nuclear bomb that's going to blow up the whole city and she says:
"No James! It's too risky!"

That's the "Pipeline"- scene, isn't it? I think it's "The World is not enough".
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anna:
Some female people think he wasn't good as Legolas either. I mean, the other elf, the one leading the army that got to the rescue in the deep of Helm... He was good and sexy too [Wink]

I'm pretty sure that's Haldir.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.