FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MIRRORMASK - Neil Gaiman Movie

Author Topic: MIRRORMASK - Neil Gaiman Movie
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is old news around here but:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=2613

This sounds really cool!

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the news. I had not heard of it. I predict it will make back at least five times the money they put into it. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've had my eye on that for a long time, as well as the Coraline movie.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

PS Neil Gaiman always looks hilarious.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

His whole bit with wearing sunglasses at every possible photo op is starting to kind of bug me to the point that I'm afraid he is beginning to slide off into wanker land. :/
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm, I once asked him why he wore the sunglasses and leather jacket to every signing and photo op, and his response was, "So I don't need to figure out what to wear." [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Not that I don't like Neil Gaiman, because I do, but I have this odd feeling that he was just blowing you off, Tom. I don't know. In some respects, putting the stuff on every day so he doesn't have to decide what to wear is pretty wankery, too.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In some respects, putting the stuff on every day so he doesn't have to decide what to wear is pretty wankery, too.
<looks down at jeans> [Frown]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just discovered that this movie will exist. Here is a trailer. Dave McKean doesn't like it.

MirrorMask trailer page

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I like the music.

In reference to the earlier part of this thread, I am fairly certain than Gaiman has lived in wanker-land for quite a while now. I'm also certain that is the reason his stories are so good.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that's just a teaser trailer, because it looked singularly uninteresting.

And it shouldn't have - it's got lots of elements I like in a movie, plus Neil Gaiman.

But this looked too caught up in itself. Hopefully just bad editing for the trailer.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
from Neil Gaiman's website:

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/journal.asp

quote:
The music's not actually music from the film, and the trailer's just moving images really, with no sense of the story (or even that there is a story), but it's the first moving anything that's been seen on the web so far. The next trailer will be longer, and feel more like the film. Still, it's Dave McKean's images, and they move. It's more of a taster than a trailer...

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Looks neat. However, I think the music is terrible.
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Not many trailers use music from the films. Common exceptions would probably be sequels and such. Music (especially the sweeping orchestral productions) take forever so they are usually not done in time for trailers.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That note is encouraging.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's like megaweird. I could've sworn I've seen a completely and entirely different trailer for Mirrormask which in feel was somewhat like a combination of the Orlando and TheCell trailers; scenes not of and yet as if from a surreal masque ball brightly lit to highlight the dark decadence.

That or my imagination/dreamlife is better than Gaiman's; which I find to be unlikely.

[ October 05, 2004, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.