FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » any Okies on hatrack?

Author Topic: any Okies on hatrack?
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
Was wondering, are there any Okies on hatrack? Any Sooner fans?
Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Mr "Oh I'm so busy so much work I can't see you tonight." [Mad] [Cry]

*grin*

Tzadik is a strange man, jatraqueros. He thinks he's from Oklahoma. [Confused]

He's still worth it, though.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm not FROM oklahoma, but I happened to reside there for about five years while I went to college, (I'm a Sooner) and I know a lot of genuine Okies.

Any questions in particular?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm an Okie. Wanna make somethin' of it? [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not an Okie in the sense that I'm not somebody that left Oklahoma for California during the dust bowl.

But I did go to high school in Oklahoma. Most of my friends went to OU, with a few going to OSU. I left the state to go to BYU.

But I'm not really an Okie. I came there from TX, and I'm not really a Texan either. I then moved to Utah, and I'm not an Utah either. There is no place on earth that is home for me. I guess I'm just an American.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm a Kansan, not an Okie, but have two sisters that graduated from OU, and one sister that still lives in Oklahoma (Chickasha).

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't aware that they had electricity in Oklahoma, much less computers.

Do you guys have indoor plumbing now too?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Well any human being will cast about in a moment of stress. No, the fact is, they're flooding this valley so they can hydro-electric up the whole durned state...
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the posts, I just wanted to know who is a fellow Sooner fan around here. Call it weird or smth, but I am in love with Oklahoma. You think it's weird? Ha, that's nothing, you should see people's faces in Europe when I say I've been to US. They ask - where? I say OK, AR, TX and let me tell you, I am getting some weird looks from both, americans living in Europe and Europeans as well.

The fact is, that at least in Czech Rep. and Slovakia if you say US this is what comes to mind - NYC, LA, SF, Miami, perhaps Chicago and maybe, maybe Dallas and/or Houston. People associate US eaither with NY or CA. Let me tell you - that sets me off big. There is so much more to US than what Hollywood shows you. Always tell poeople, go west, south of NY, explore. That's what I've done and fell in love with OK. So, am an adopted okie [Big Grin] Somebody has a problem with that? [Big Grin]

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Tzadik, it's nice to hear someone from overseas remind people that there is more to the US than the big cities. Or even a person's home state. I come from a very small town where many people don't leave the county, let alone the state or country. I've always wanted to take a year or so and mosey around the States. I'll definitely keep Oklahoma in mind if I ever get to do that.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I like fried okra. Does that count?
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Unfortunately, many people in the states feel the same way. For too many people (including some here ate hatrack), America = West Coast + East Coast + Ignorable (fly-over) Middle.

But there's some good news. I heard somebody from the democratic party the other day saying that he thinks that the next presidential election will be decided by the midwest. It's time for them to get some respect.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.