FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrackers between Florida and New Jersey (but mostly in New Jersey)

Author Topic: Hatrackers between Florida and New Jersey (but mostly in New Jersey)
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna get together?

Clan Icarus will be travelling up this weekend, spending the week commuting between Atlantic City and New Brunswick, and then driving back down. Our schedule along the way is actually pretty tight and inflexible, because when you have two six-year-olds in the car, you try to get to the hotel as quickly as possible, but we'd love to get together with people in NJ.

Hatrackers I already know live in the area include JohnL, Strider, Leonide, and FlyingCow. And Coil, but he doesn't seem to be around anymore. And SingingRing (right? or was it SingingRain?) but ditto.

The easiest get-together for us is at the hotel in Atlantic City, but who knows what we could pull off. No time for all-day stuff, because this trip is only partially for recreation. My father is coming with us, so we might even be able to swing some babysitting . . .

Anybody?

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SingingRing
is her name and she's definitely *around* cause she's upstairs playing a recorder loudly and abyssmally off-key. But yeah, she doesn't post at all anymore.

It's not looking good for AC, Icky, but we'll give it our best shot.

[ March 17, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
it's so sad too. AC is like my Disney World. well, actually Disney Land. Vegas would be my Disney World.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you need babysitting in DC, let me know. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

That's funny. Cause Disneyland is my Disneyland. And Disney World...

well, you get the idea.

[Big Grin]

I think Ick and Cor would go numb listening to me babble about how much i love Disney...

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I know I have... [Razz]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

This is a clear sign that my stock has fallen on hard times . . . last year we had John, Greg, Kira and sister, and Eddie, and Coil . . . [Frown]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I think you're out of your league when it comes to Disney. [Wink]
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
last year we had John, Greg, Kira and sister
Huh? Oh, you mean Kira Junior.

Richmond is just off I95 if you want to stop here. We'd love to have you here!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

cool . . . we'd have to play that by ear, since we don't know where or when we're stopping between SC and NJ on the way up . . . but Virginia sounds plausible . . . and we don't know where or when we're stopping at all on the way down. Any chance you can e-mail me with contact info?
Leonide
Member # 4157

quote:
I think you're out of your league when it comes to Disney.
Oh, ah know you did NOT jus say dat. *snaps fingers in "z" pattern*
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I'd love to, but I don't have your email address and it isn't in your profile. Can you email me?
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

[Embarrassed]

I never planned on using this clone for so long . . . I didn't realize my e-mail addy was not visible.

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not careful Icarus, you'll have to do two landmarks - one for the real you and one for the clone!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever do you mean?
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Switching from an SN with 600+ posts to one with almost 700 to avoid double-landmark-jeopardy.

Um . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluff
Member # 4835

- posted      Profile for Fluff           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[Big Grin]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

::bump for the at-work crowd--in case there is one::
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Icarus, I still don't have your email address. Mine's in my profile.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still in Winter Springs if you need to stop for a potty break on the way up.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ick, if we didn't have folks already coming into town, I'd have jumped at the chance to meet you and yours somewhere in NC as you passed through and buy you all dinner and let ya meet me and mine.

[ March 19, 2004, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in New Jersey, can I come?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

only if you bring cake.
lcarus
Member # 4395

Mrs.M, I sent you an e-mail. Did you not get it?

My home e-mail is:
joe dot iriarte at celebration dot fl dot us

But after I leave this afternoon I will not be able to access it. I can still access my work e-mail, however, at:
iriartej at osceola dot k12 dot fl dot us

And if all else fails, you can try my spam e-mail account at jandliriarte@go.com

lcarus
Member # 4395

MEC, where in New Jersey are you?

Greg, no chance of changing your mind? I promise I'll be nice . .

Sop, both ways?

Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in New Jersey, but I'm really busy this weekend. [Frown]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Westfield, Union County.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ic, I wish I could but things have changed so much since I left for work this afternoon. A former co-worker of my wife's commited suicide last night and honestly, we're still trying to figure out what to do. Over the next week, we don't know what we'll be doing at all. [Frown]

Perhaps next time.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Sopwith)))) I'm really sorry to hear that, Sopwith. [Frown]

I live in NJ---not very far from AC, either.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

Mrs. M, did you get my e-mail? I don't seem to have anything from you in mine. We'll hit Virginia tonight, I expect . . . and, of course, we'll pass through again on our way back down.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think Megachirops is way cooler then that Icarus guy.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Icarus, I just emailed you. Sorry about the delay - I don't use the computer on the Sabbath. I would really love to meet y'all!
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Pennsylvania between NJ and Florida if positioned on a globe and looked at from the other side of the globe sort of from the bottom?

[ March 21, 2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

[Confused]

Which addy did you e-mail to?

We are staying at the Homewood Suites just south of Richmond tonight . . . ten miles or so south.

I dunno if you guys are interested in doing breakfast somewhere before we head out. I have limited internet access, though, so the logistics are tricky.

Did you get my e-mail with my cell phone number in it?

Anyway, hopefully we'll pull something off, but if we can't, then some other time . . .

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

This is weird. I didn't get your email (and I did check my bulk mail this time). I sent mine to joe.iriarte@celebration.fl.us. It didn't get returned.

I have to work with the squirts (kindergarten) tomorrow morning. [Frown] They get dropped off at 7:00 a.m. Dang.

How about on the way back down?

lcarus
Member # 4395

That explains it . . . I can't check that address on the road. If you can, resend to my work addy, and we'll see if we can get together on our way back down.

(I'm not sure, though, because I think we'll next be passing through Friday night.)

lcarus
Member # 4395

I can't post at GreNME on my phone. It doesn't recognize "submit" as a clickable--and, in fact it messes up my browser window, so I need to reboot after I enter this, so I can see my full screen. So, hopefully, John L will see this here, because he won't see it at his own forum:

quote:
[Frown]

Our own situation has grown more complicated, as Cor's grandma, whom we are really here to visit, seems to be gravely ill. (She is 97, so this is not too unexpected, but still . . . [Frown] ) Still, we would be up for trying to do something. What's wrong John . . . is it a transportation issue?

John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
It's partially transportation, and partially the fact that I just got a new contract signed, and I begin doing the security audit on Thursday.

If you have access to e-mail, send one to john AT grenme DOT com for more info.

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

I'm sorry to hear about Cor's grandmother. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts.

I don't have your work email, either. Is there somewhere obvious that I didn't think of to check?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus & Cor...

I'm sorry about Cor's grandmother. She sounds like a great and interesting lady from all I've heard. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

crud . . . lost my post.

[Frown]

not up to retyping now

[Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.