FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What the heck am I feeling guily about?

Author Topic: What the heck am I feeling guily about?
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
:scratches head:

I haven't been around for awhile...logged on this afternoon and saw one of my old users names being used.

I read Enders game in 97 or 98, loved the book...wrote the author...found the website. I logged on then as OSC Fan - spelled like that or something similiar. Didn't really post much...didn't visit either. Ignorant innocent that I was, I actually forgot about Hatrack.

I then read almost every OSC book I could find, then reregistered again later as Tammy. I didn't use that first sign in name for two reasons; because I hated it after I used it the first time and because I'd totally forgotten the password.

Sometimes when I'm driving down the road minding my own business, obeying the laws of the land...driving the exact posted speed limit, I see a cop behind me, and immediately resist the urge to put my foot on the brake. I think of the stickers on the car and do a mental check of anything that could be wrong. I'm not doing any thing wrong, why do I feel guilty? Silly!

OR..when in the past I've been hired and had to pass the required drug test. I always get nervous. WHY? I've never taken and illegal drug in my life. I've never dipped into anyone else's perscription bottle. I'm not currently taking any crazy herbs that I've been fed all my life by my mother. Yet, I always feel nervous about the results? Silly!

Well this OSC Fan thing is really bothering me.

I should probably look for a "guilt therapist" immediately.

I'm not the only dip that couldn't come up with a decent name!

Silly!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy!

*tackle hugs you*

I'm so glad to see you back!

(I do the "feel guilty even when I've done nothing wrong" thing, too. You're right, it's silly! Why do we do this to ourselves? Perhaps we're both nuts.)

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you could have a lot of fun ressurecting your old user name... if you don't want it could I have it?

[Big Grin] [Wink]

(I'm sure this will cement my status as Evil. Celias going to have to watch out!)

[Evil]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
No, Tammy, don't resurrect the old name! AJ will just hijack that one, too, and wreak even more destruction!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Vana [Big Grin] You're such a sweetie.

BannaOj....You may have it.

[ March 18, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy, are you Anna Jo and Kat as well? Me too!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

grin, *cackles evilly* Are you sure you don't want it?

I'll check my yahoo e-mail when I get home or e-mail you from there.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've often felt guilty for things I didn't do when I was younger. When I was a kid and someone in class got into trouble, I would feel this vicarious guilt on their behalf. Didn't make any sense. Too much empathy!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks around*

I'm afwaid!

[Angst]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

BannaOj (I always type BananaOj grrr)

You will have to hack into my BRAIN if you want to go wrecking (or wreaking if you chose) havoc with my old user name.

I forgot the password! Completely! It's gone!

My brain doesn't have long hallways with doors leading to rooms with vast amounts of filing cabinets filled with vast amounts of information to be found someday at random.

It has a garbage disposal that shreds randomly.

I'm OLDER...why do I still suffer from guilt?

PSI...I'm those users and more.

[ March 18, 2004, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

do you remember the e-mail address the account was linked to?

you can e-mail the mods and give them the user name and that e-mail address and they will issue a new password I think...

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

It was supposed to be BananaOj many moons ago... but I had a brain glitch when I typed it into IM to register my screen name... Thus BannaOj was born.

AJ

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Or you could go here.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Are you kidding me? That would imply some kind of consistency on my part. [Wink]
Tammy
Member # 4119

What if I no longer have access to that e-mail account? It may be an old work address.

I can't even figure out how to change my old e-mail address on my current user name without having to reregister.

[ March 18, 2004, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

If you don't have access to it, you'll have to use AJ's method.

To change your current email address, go to your profile and enter in a new one. You'll get an email with a new password at the new address. No reregistering involved.

[ March 18, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* [Smile]

Jon Boy, that's very funny.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

you cant change your existing one by clicking on "my profile" at the top of the screen?

AJ

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What's very funny?

Yeah, now who's being ignored? [Razz]

[ March 18, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy!

[Wave]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need your password to log in to change your email address. Or I could have just stolen member number 5000 and avoided the hassles that came with this one. He he. All the thinks I could think up if only I tried.

Okay, if you haven't been overly exposed to that particular Dr. Seuss book, I'll just say that if I could hijack anyone's ID, it would be Tom D. Then I would keep posting my romantic dreams about actors, but as Tom D.

[ March 18, 2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obi Jon Boy Kenobi
Member # 5000

- posted      Profile for Obi Jon Boy Kenobi   Email Obi Jon Boy Kenobi         Edit/Delete Post 
You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger! With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.