FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bob in SLC (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bob in SLC
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know his flight number? Or am I to just do the usual and walk around till someone recognizes me?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, well, I leave for class in 5 minutes, so if theres no reply, I'll just walk around baggage claim until you see me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since we can't go to the terminal, there's only one place really to wait. That's where all the terminals empty out, and it's right next to the baggage claim. That's where we're going to be. I don't have any idea what Bob looks like, so how we're going to recognize him is another matter. Maybe we'll have to hold a sign like a bunch of limo drivers or something. Well, good luck to us.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
What bob looks like!
http://www.foobonic.com/gallery/usr-dkw/aap

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
He's the one with the beard.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
alas I didn't look at this thread soon enough... I fear I may have posted in vain, because the time has already elapsed for them to leave to go to the airport.

dkw I was hoping they could figure out the beard thing on their own though. [Wink]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the funniest homecomings I've seen at the SLC airport was a family that had a life-size cut out of President Hinkley to welcome home the missionary.

If I'd thought of it in time, they should have had a life-size cutout of Dana there.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I was thinking of asking someone to give him a hug for me, but I decided I'd rather wait and do that myself.

I hope you're all having fun. [Wave]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Was supposed to phone Bob, but I lost the email he sent me when one of my memory cards went bad, and the bad cache wiped my hardrive. It is fixed, running with a bit less memory but good. Everything important backed up, except recent email.

dkw or Bob, if you get on, could you please email me that number again? Otherwise, I will be at the south entrance gate of Temple Square at 6:00 with a book.

Thanks,

Ami

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Your e-mail address is hidden.

edit, never mind, I got it off an earlier post. E-mail on the way.

[ April 26, 2004, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! Got it and got hold of Bob.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun, everyone.

*laments*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, just got back from the big goings on. That was loads of fun. It was just me, the wife (Elona, a.k.a. Zemra), Nate and Bob. But it was cool. We all met at the airport. We helped Nate find where he'd parked and then had some Brazilian food. After that we went up to the U of U and Elona and Nate played a little DDR, then we bowled a couple games, got lost in traffic, and dropped Bob off at the hotel. Good times.

I took some pictures and posted them to my website if anyone wants to see.

One: Bob, Elona and Nate on the U campus.
Two: The same picture, but me in the middle making a truly scary face.
Three: Another of my scary faces as I face the Split of Shame.
Four: Nate trying to pick up his split.
Five: Nate's triumphant/ omnipotent gaze.
Six: Nate won the first game. This is his victory photo.
Seven: My lovely wife hits eight.
Eight: A candid shot of Bob. I didn't think it'd turn out too well, but it looks really cool. And somehow I got a funky effect with the background. I did it on purpose. Yeah, that's the ticket...
Nine: Bob gets a strike. Score one for Texas.
Ten: Bob's victory photo after winning game 2.

Thanks for having us along. That was fun.

[ April 26, 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry we couldn't make it. [Frown]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
See pic #1: Elona wore my socks. I think it's some weird U of U ritual. I'm not sure what that means, but I hope Dana isn't too jealous. Nothing happened, honest! Speed is like 7 feet tall and knows some kind of weird Thai martial art that involves killing people with kindness. Besides, I think Elona and I might be related on my grandmother's side of the family. Or our families are mortal enemies on the other grandmother's side. Either way...

Elona & Mike are a wonderful couple. Very nice! And they have a huge trunk.

[Big Grin]

Nate = cool. He's a competitive dancer, ladies!!! Get him while he's hot! Hot Nathan. [Big Grin]

He wasn't just hinting in that marriage thread you know! [Razz]

Well met, people! Thanks for a fun intro to SLC. And still I was the first one at the hotel. Go figure.

By the way, Speed's nickname is not just a nickname. He is a drug merchant afterall.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And they have a huge trunk.
O_o Am I the only person wondering at the precise significance of this?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
yes.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed out on bowling with Bob Scopatz!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combustia
Member # 6328

- posted      Profile for combustia   Email combustia         Edit/Delete Post 
six body trunk.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Those pictures make me all misty. Ah, my old haunts. The U campus in the spring, after the smog of winter disperses. The lanes at the student union. It's all coming back to me.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! It's actually springtime in Utah -- look at those flowering trees! I thought they thawed out, out there.

Oh yeah -- and great photos too! Looks like fun!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll refrain from grumbling this time, even though I'm sad I missed out on the bowling.

Looks like a fun time. [Smile]

(But next time you come out to Utah, Bob, try and make it sometime between September and the end of April. [Wink] )

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to laugh, Bob, I was actually in SLC tonight. I planned to attend my cousin's wedding reception, and only minutes before leaving found out it was in SLC!

I was up there with my three kids and my brother on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I had fun eating cake and watching my 4 year old son flirt with a really cute 6-year-old. He said, "Mom, I'm going to go tell her she's beautiful. Is that OK?" Oh it was priceless! You should have seen him "dance" with her. I got pictures. [Smile]

I might have tried to stroll around temple square on the off-chance that we might bump into Bob, but my brother had to get back home. Hope you had fun, Bob!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Amka, thank you so much for the tour. I haven't seen such beautiful buildings in a long time. And the people are so nice. How wonderful to actually run into people you know from Oregon, too!!! [Big Grin]

Thanks for taking the time to come up to SLC and play tour guide. It was very neat to see the things a bith through your eyes. I think it added meaning for me and certainly hearing the stories behind pictures aided my understanding of the sacred nature of what I was looking at. To get the meaning behind the beauty of it all was very special.

Thanks again!

Bob

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

To everyone I didn't get to meet. This will not be my last trip to SLC, that's for sure. I hope to meet you all on a future trip.

Thanks again to Speed, his lovely wife "E" and T-Smith!!!

You are all great!!!

Flying out in the early a.m.

thanks again!

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I missed you, Bob. I kind of forgot and I've had a cold this week. It actually started when the weather was nice, before it started to snow again.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have been able to meet you if T_Smith had told me that you guys were bowling at the U of U. He told me that you were bowling around 2:00-3:00 pm and I have a class that I could've easily gotten out of. oh well. Hope to meet you another time
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.