FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Lalo, what's a minority? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey Lalo, what's a minority?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter is a lefty, and her handwriting is also illegible, and her shoes also come untied!

[Angst]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm starting another group: PFLAP. Parents and Friends of Left-Anded People.

I'm a righty myself, but lefties need to have equal protection under the law. Our society needs to view everybody equally.

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"Same ol' "A minority can't have an opinion without being accused of selling out." "

You are the one who mentioned "minorities". I was speaking of the PC crowd following RushLimbaugh's example. Ya know, the ones who wanna believe in "trickle down economics": if the government fills the high troughs for the big hogs, some of the feed will slop outta their mouths for the piglets to eat; if the government pours enough golden draught down wealthy gullets, those waiting upon them beneath will receive a golden shower.

Never thought of such pseudo"conservative"s as a put-upon minority m'self. The right wing of the king's table is reserved for those whose loyalty can be counted upon cuz their stature is dependent upon the king's favor. The left wing is reserved for those who gained their stature independently, upon whom the king must rely because they bestow wealth&power&stability upon the king.
And so the inept must rely upon their sycophancy to gain a seat at the right wing of the table. And the left wing will always be less trusted, cuz the competent always know that any king is replaceable.

[ March 24, 2004, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You are the one who mentioned "minorities". I was speaking of the PC crowd following RushLimbaugh's example.
Considering your post was pretty clearly a response to the Rodriguez interview, that no one on the thread has mentioned Rush until you did, and given your history of posting incredibly inaccurate statements and refusing to acknowledge refutations in any way, I think you're back-peddling here. But just in case you really did mean it that way...

quote:
Ya know, the ones who wanna believe in "trickle down economics": if the government fills the high troughs for the big hogs, some of the feed will slop outta their mouths for the piglets to eat; if the government pours enough golden draught down wealthy gullets, those waiting upon them beneath will receive a golden shower.
This isn’t even close to what “trickle-down economics” is. Trickle-down economics, at its heart, states that the efficient allocation of capital will result in long-term sustainable job creation, lifting the standard of living of most people. I’m not a strict trickle-downer myself – I think the economy, like most things in the real world, is more complex than that. But it’s also more complicated than “trickle-up” people would have us think as well.

quote:
Never thought of such pseudo"conservative"s as a put-upon minority m'self. The right wing of the king's table is reserved for those whose loyalty can be counted upon cuz their stature is dependent upon the king's favor. The left wing is reserved for those who gained their stature independently, upon whom the king must rely because they bestow wealth&power&stability upon the king. And so the inept must rely upon their sycophancy to gain a seat at the right wing of the table. And the left wing will always be less trusted, cuz the competent always know that any king is replaceable.
This is laughable. Most conservatives I know are incredibly competent people. A good portion of them have successfully created small businesses that provide jobs and benefits, taken all together, to hundreds (if not thousands, I don’t feel like doing the math) of people. Your utter refusal to see potential positive motivations in those who disagree with your political and economic views is astoundingly childish.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.