FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Cat With Hands

Author Topic: The Cat With Hands
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Warning! Creepy.

watch if you dare

[ March 23, 2004, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I found it funny...That kid was funny looking. The cat was funny looking. I was hilarious. Come on! Not freaky.

I'm in a weird mood.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
That kid looked just as stop-motion-animated as the cat did. Weird.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
The kid's eyes weirded me out. [Eek!]

It sorta reminded me of those stories from that series Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I remember reading those as a kid. I would check them out of the library and scare myself silly reading them late at night. (I had a problem with insomnia even as a child.) They were actually banned from my middle school's library as being too disturbing.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! I know exactly what you mean, Larisse! I had nightmares for years thanks to those books. The creepiest part by far was the illustrations.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

Does anyone remember the Nicklelodeon show? That used to creep me out.
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Are you afraid of the dark? Is that it?

I don't particularly think it was meant to be funny, just fairly creepy.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Those things cracked me up.

The one about the stinky dead dude in the pool that would drown people had me cracking up for the entire time. He turned orange! Thats cool!!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

It was a creepy show.

Orange drowny dude? that must have been past my time.

The last one I saw had Melissa Joan Hart in it, when she was still in Clarissa Explains it All. I loved that show.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, it starts out with this boy who's afraid of the water. He's in a boat in a pool at the high school, while his older brother is swimming.

And his older brother is drowned. The pool is closed and long forgotten.

Until the kid goes to high school himself. Something is amiss.... the pool has been reopened. Kid meets cute girl. Cute girl is on swim team.

Narrow escape for girl. Now she knows somethings wrong too, but they can't see the monster!! But there is the smelly smell when the ghost attacks! So, the kid recognizes the smell, and pours some chemical in the water. The ghost then turns orange, and you see him in all his glory, with seaweed and chains!

And then they destroy him somehow and the kid never is afraid of drowning ever again.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
It was so obvious the guy was the cat. But that was a cool movie. Wish I could make something like that.

edit: And I freakin' love Are You Afraid of the Dark! I wish that was still on.

[ March 23, 2004, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
I found it very creepy. The plot was predictable but there's just something unsettling about a cat with hands.

Starla:

Are You Afraid of the Dark use to be my favorite show! I have watched every single one of the old ones (After they replaced the cast I stopped) My favorite episodes include: the one where the brother and sister goes to test toys, the episode with the doll house, and the clown episode, the one where they house people in a sort of intergallatic zoo, the girl trapped in the mirror...the list goes on!

I miss my old nickelodeon days with Salute Your Shorts, Doug, Clarissa Explains it all, Rocko's Modern Life (actually, I think they still have this from time to time) Pete and Pete, Beetle Juice and Alex Smack. Some slightly more recent but now canceled ones: Ah! Real Monsters and Angry Beavers. Now that was quality television. [Smile]

[ March 23, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Chizpurfle ]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Invader Zim, I weep for thee.

Only 2 more months until the DVD!

Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Invader Zim was an awesome show.

Have you ever read Jonny the Homicidal Maniac and the Squee comics? They're by the same creater and ub3r-cool as well. [Smile]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Squee, yes, thanks to my corrupting friends. [Wink]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
*weeps for the demise of The Angry Beavers*
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

Loved Are You Afraid of the Dark?! I had a crush on one of the boys in the circle. I remember they used to gather around a campfire and throw magic dust as the storyteller of the night announced the name of the tale. You had to tell a story as a rite of passage to become an official member of the club or something like that.

Ahhhh... I do miss old school Nickelodeon with Pinwheel, Today's Special, and so many others. I also remember there was one with a boy who went into an alternate world where children were in control because many of the adults either died or disappeared or were the bad guys. He was looking for his father who had gone missing from the "real world". Occasionally, the story would go back to his mom who was looking for him and believed he was still alive.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched The Search for the Lost City of Gold (or whatever that show was called) and Sebastian (or maybe that was just the dog's name?). Also "You can't do that on Television" was CLASSIC.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Anyone see the Are You Afraid of the Dark with Zebo the Clown? That was the best one, period.
Starla*
Member # 5835

I remember all of those shows---cept I saw invader zim after it got booted. I thought it was a bit disturbing (and funny) that Jhonen Vasquez was doing a kid's show. But the JTHM and Squee references are there---made it a classic in my mind.

Also, with the little film---why is the old dude stupid enough to go to this well in the middle of the night with some guy who doesn't talk he doesn't know when he knows the monster needs a tongue? And why was the kid stupid enough to try and pet the cat when it devoured a bird whole?

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
So, did any of you watch The Third Eye back when Nickelodeon was new?
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

I barely remember that show. I had to go look it up, but I remember the story of The Haunting of Cassie Palmer. The others listed at the Classic Nick HomePage are not ringing a bell. That site has other classic Nick shows. Ahhh... the memories.
Book
Member # 5500

Clearly in a stop motion world where cats have hands, can steal body parts, and everyone has thick British accents, the normal rules of common sense do no apply.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Dog, thanks! Children of the Stones has rattled around in this head for years without knowing what it was.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.