FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yesterday I made $120 in an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Yesterday I made $120 in an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
My last delivery yesterday went to the capital. (I live in d.c.) Some interns were picking it up from me right at the entrance, so I wasn't expecting a tip. Nor did I get one. I was happy though. It only took me an hour to do the delivery (and I get paid $20 per delivery), and I got to go straight home from the capital instead of having to bring the coolers and stuff back to work. (Since I could bring them back today)

But this morning, the woman who ordered the food for the congressman added an extra $100 to the charge as my tip!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

I made $120 in one hour!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to call her and ask her if she meant the tip to be that big. Maybe she meant it to be $10. That would still be a great tip.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
That's too cool. [Cool]

Yesterday I made $27.70 in five hours... *raises pinky to corner of mouth*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!

One doesn't question a tip. Merely accept it and move on.

Unless there's some hint of impropriety or that the person expects something from you in the future (other than continued good service, of course).

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. That puts you up there with lawyers and prostitutes.

(no offense to the prostitutes)

(ugh, I just made a lawyer joke. shoot me.)

[ March 25, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.

No, really--that's awesome! I wish I had a job that induced tipping. [Big Grin]

The last time I got a tip, it was 3 dollars for cleaning some fish. Usually, if I get a tip, it's a 35-45ish male who flirst with me when I wait on him, and then sticks a couple bucks in my hand. Thankyouverymuch for the cash, but I'm not going to jump in your pants.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. [Frown]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
So the drinks are on you then Calvin Maker [Wink]

Mines a Diet Coke please

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I got $400 about a week ago for an hour and a half's work. Of course, the guy forking over the money had no idea how long the work actually took... [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread, for some reason I'd rather not try to figure out, reminds me of this friend I had in high school. After Career Day, he and a friend decided they wanted to be male prostitutes. When I told him that most male prostitutes serve men, he said they were going to be gigolos. I think it came from the "do something you enjoy for a living" thing.

Anyway, I gave him a look and said, "Be prepared to make change." We laughed about it. This was the guy who started the prayer club with me. Guess I've always had strange friends (but then they have, too).

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
If I don't get $150 an hour, I usually don't even show up. Though, I have whored myself out for $135 when the client was too good to pass up.

But I would dig a hundred dollar tip too. That pretty much rules.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
This is pretty cool.

It does disturb me that it came from a congressman's office.

Really, WE gave you a $100 tip. And it couldn't happen to anyone better. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hate you.

No, really--that's awesome! I wish I had a job that induced tipping.

Ditto. Only a slight modification: I wish I had a job.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
The first step is applying, Raia [Wink] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Jobs are hard to get. But you definetely won't get one unless you put yourself out and try.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't hurt to ask. I took a chance and asked about my dream job. I got it. [Smile]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
So, lemme get this straight. You put yourself out, and you got a $100 dollars?

Um... [No No]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! Are you going to celebrate your windfall by sharing with big sis? [Big Grin]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents are very anti-teens working.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.