FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » American Voting Rights Should Be Revoked

Author Topic: American Voting Rights Should Be Revoked
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
How DARE America cast votes to put Diana DeGarma in the bottom three American Idol contestants? She is the best! Or wait, the best is Fantasia. No, La Toya. No,Jasmine.

The redheaded kid has got to go. That is obvious. Jon Peter needs to leave as well.

But DIANA??? I think not, America. I think not.

Sorry to those who thought I might have actually started a serious political rant.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Typical, she can't make up her mind.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Which one is Diana? I'm pretty sure I heard her sing on the [one] American Idol episode I saw.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally believe that your right to watch television needs to be revoked for admitting that you watch the silly show.

Well, at least its not Bachelor or Survivor or Club Paradise.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasia has it in the bag.

Top 5:

Latoya
Fantasia
Jasmine
Umm... is his name Andy? The black guy...
Jon Peter OR The Red Head Kid

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Jon Peter and the red-headed kid MUST GO. I thought I made that clear, T.

Dan, I am proud of my American Idol-watching show.

I like Fantasia because she rocks, but ilove La Toya's gentle strength. The music seems to flow right through her, unforced.

And the other guy's name is George, a favorite of the voters.

Diana has an unbelievable voice, and is the only one who has been consistently praised by all three judges.

Diana in the bottom three. I don't THINK so.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And Jasmine. I love Jasmine as well.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if I love Jasmine, but she is the hottest Disney princess. Ok, she may not be built like Ariel but....

um.

Wrong Jasmine.

Nevermind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

American Idol Jasmine is way prettier than Disney Jasmine, Dan.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I personally believe that your right to watch television needs to be revoked for admitting that you watch the silly show.
*applauds* Hear, hear!

[Hail] Dan

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry the football player got axed so soon. I was hoping he'd last a little longer.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am pointedly ignoring Raia the Danabee, except that, obviously, if I were ignoring her, I would not even have written this sentence.

I also rather liked Matt the operatic football player.

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, and I come in here ready for a "Real" topic, sheesh! Stupid Television.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

What can get more real than Reality TV?
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
I am pointedly ignoring Raia the Danabee, except that, obviously, if I were ignoring her, I would not even have written this sentence.
[Confused]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Raia, I'm so sorry! that was just teasing you for being like Dan, who thinks my tv watching rights should be revoked. Didnlt come through that way, and i apologize!
Rahl22
Member # 1376

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Matt blew. I'm disgusted he even made it to the top 12. He has a serious problem with pitch, and has no control over his voice.

By the way, this does not constitute an admission of actually watching the show.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaladinVirtue
Member # 6144

- posted      Profile for PaladinVirtue   Email PaladinVirtue         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I would ever stoop so low as to let myself be entertained by such an obviosly idiotic show as American Idol...but..Elizabeth, do you really like Fantasia?? She is so rude and mouthy! And not the best vocalist, though she isn't the worse either. And I think the reason that Degarmo ended up in the bottom 3 was that she said something connecting the word "redneck" to the country music genre that they were singing that night. I read somewhere that it might have miffed some viewers and cost her some votes.

[ March 26, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: PaladinVirtue ]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

PV,
I do like Fantasia, but I like the quiet let-the-divine-flow-through quality of La Toya better.
Matt should be in a rock band.
Liz

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
*Reminding myself I gave up the privilege of making fun of other people's viewing habits after becoming a "Buffy" fan.*
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Actually, this is all I watch anymore, except for(ultimate irony) Austin City Limits. I used to watch Raymond, but am bored silly by it now. I do get sucked into Spongebob, though, I must admit that. Actually, I FREELY admit that. I love Spongebob.
LockeTreaty
Member # 5627

- posted      Profile for LockeTreaty   Email LockeTreaty         Edit/Delete Post 
This is where the problem lies with this reality television show. They have picked the worst possible method of eliminating contestants, and no I'm not talking about lettig america vote. [Big Grin] The problem is that we are trying to eliminate the worst contestants by picking the best contestant. A contestant, who as of yet as not acquired a following but who has the potential to do so, can be easily axed if they have one mediocre performance. Also people tend to think that everyone else will be voting for a contestant who did an exceptional job, so they decide to vote for someone who didn't do as well, but is someone they would like to remain in the show. And, furthermore...

Forget I take my original comment back. Letting America vote is the most ludicrious voting method avaliable. For further evidence just look at our last presidental election. We are too dumb to even poke a hole in piece of paper.

Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Didn't I hear that more people voted for American Idol than they did in the presidential election, or was that just a rumor?

I don't vote for AI, I just complain about the results of the voting, like a good American. (said with tongue in cheek)

Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Raia, I'm so sorry! that was just teasing you for being like Dan, who thinks my tv watching rights should be revoked. Didnlt come through that way, and i apologize!
Awww, Elizabeth, I'm sorry I did not see this earlier!! Don't be silly, it's fine. [Kiss] No worries!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.