FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Grilled PB&J"? As in, warm jelly? Ewww! Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. I feel like I need a shower now, and I just got out.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
It's got to be smooth, and it DEFINITELY has to be JIF.

When I was a kid, I'd slather peanut butter on Triscuits and put cheese popcorn on top. I was a strange kid.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
"Grilled PB&J"

There's an Elvis restaurant in Memphis where you can get grilled PB and banana sandwiches. Yummy. Stay away from the batter fried pickles though.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had a grilled PBJ, but I do sometimes like to toast the bread. The peanut butter is great melted, and the jelly is still cold.

[Smile]

I prefer creamy, Cor prefers crunchy. So I buy both, and the girls get crunchy . . . more creamy for me! [Evil]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting fact = it's pretty hard to find peanut butter in Europe -- folks don't eat it much there -- and Nutella is WAY more popular...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

- posted      Profile for Kraid   Email Kraid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to go with creamy. But a grilled PB&J doesn't sound too bad right now.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's uncommon everywhere outside of the US. I know my father had never heard of peanut butter before he immigrated here, and he never developed a taste for it. The public assistance that refugees got at the time included, along with the famous government cheese, a tub of peanut butter in each alottment, and he told me that these were basically always thrown out by everyone he knew . . . they couldn't even find people to give them away to!
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Vegamite: smooth or crunchy?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
There's plenty of peanut butter in the Philippines. I sure felt lucky to have it when I was there! Theirs tended to be sweet and runny, though.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I like it runny.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
You can add me to the "no salt in my peanut butter" crowd.

The only thing in my Arrowhead Mills crunchy peanut butter is organic peanuts.

Funny story: When my daughter was a toddler she would only eat Arrowhead Mills smooth peanut butter. My mother tried feeding her different (cheaper) brands of organic peanuts only smooth peanut butter on a couple of occasions and she rejected it outright, even though she hadn't even seen the jar the peanut butter came from.

That's one of the reasons we have used Arrowhead Mills over the years, though she is no longer quite so picky.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.