FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Has anyone ever said something... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Has anyone ever said something...
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"All your going to be worth is driving a garbage truck."

Harsh words that I've kept.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
at bay, hopefully.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, don't you EVER believe that. For one thing, you are going to make some girl the happiest person in the world, and that's not nothing.

Just cause you don't know what you're doing right now doesn't mean you never will.

Anyway, you're much better than that person's giving you credit for.
[Kiss]

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
At a time when I said to myself: "No more crying !!! Think first, and think deep and keep away from that kind of problems !", I stumbled upon this song:

"You say you wanna learn
How to live your life without tears
But we've been trying to do that
For thousands of years

So go on and cry, Ophelia,
It's the only thing to do sometimes
You know, I'm crying too, right there with you
It's all right, Ophelia,
Everybody cries"

Adam Cohen - Cry Ophelia

I'm someone who really takes interest in the lyrics in a song, to the (crazy) point where all that comes in this form from a song I love becomes true... That can be quite annoying when two songs state contradictory things. [Grumble]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
T, there was a teacher who told Einstein in his youth that he won't amount to anything in his life... Boy, was he wrong or what !!

The point is, you're the one person that really knows your strong points, so you decide what you can and what you cannot do. And while I don't think low about driving garbage trucks - someone has to do it, and I'm glad they're doing it - you were probably meant for something else, and you're conscious about it. So go on living YOUR life, not the life others tell you to live !

Aside: I don't know if you saw the add on Discovery about city cleaners. Their job is to keep the city you love clean, to provide you with a nice place to live in. Take just two seconds to think about it.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just One Comment
Member # 6390

- posted      Profile for Just One Comment           Edit/Delete Post 
bump
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
:wonders when mack will come in and hail kwsni as a prophetess: [Big Grin]

You'd think in that short sentence I wouldn't misspell anything.

[ March 11, 2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Belle ]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, thread. An old friend. *patpat* That epiphaneous flip caused by my friend's comment is exactly why I'm soliciting projects from people for my Photoshop kick instead of doodling off on my own. I want what I have learned to be turned into something that is useful and makes people happy.

[ March 11, 2005, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Becky: Huzzah! [Big Grin]

Belle, I'd totally forgotten about this thread.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too. And yet, that comment I talked about on the first page is still one of the most significant turning points for me. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm going to add one of my aha moments. [Big Grin]

It was back when I was around 20 and had a lot of emotional problems. Lots and lots and lots of them. And I had major problems with God, too. I thought he had two sets of rules - one for those he loved, and another for people like me. Because, yes, despite all the hell I'd been through, I still believed in God and the gospel according to the LDS faith. But I had a lousy relationship with God.

I was talking to the institute director (in Edmonton, Alberta) one day, and he said to me that usually, the relationship we have with God is a mirror image of the one we have with our biological father. Not because that's how God is, but because that's how we perceive it to be.

He was so right. That one comment changed everything for me. It helped me make major emotional breakthroughs and finally develop a relationship with God that I like and enjoy, and it helped me finally realize that God loves me, too. It also finally helped me to realize that other people can love me, as well. I'm not that unloveable good-for-nothing that my parents created and made me into. I'm loveable! (And now I have Fahim. [Kiss] )

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.