FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Parts You'd Like to Act

Author Topic: Parts You'd Like to Act
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I can't act to save my life, there are still parts in various plays or novels that's I'd really like to perform. Sometimes they're male, sometimes they're female, either way this is a thread for all of those parts that you've always wanted to act.

Desdemonda Othello
Javert Les Miserables
Sancho Man of La Mancha
Benedict or Beatrice Much Ado About Nothing

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady
Bianca, Kiss Me, Kate
Velma Kelly, Chicago

*tries to find one that isn't in a musical*

I second the Much Ado About Nothing ones!

As for musicals, there's much more, many many more. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Croup from Neverwhere
Flagg
the Joker

Hmm... These are all kinda the same character.

Iago
Richard III
Robin Goodfellow (I already played him but I loved it; I was still in gymnastics and I could do handstands and such while talking)

[ March 30, 2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
The part that I would KILL for...well, almost..is The Baker's Wife in Into the Woods

I also think that I'm really well suited for Maria in The Sound of Music

A part that I would like to play AGAIN because I think I could do it better now is the Narrator from Joseph and the ATD.

I would love to try some more dramatic, non musical roles. I played Eleanor in The Lion in Winter and I absolutely adored the experience.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna be Eponine in Les Miserables.

When I was younger, I always wanted to be Liesl Von Trapp from The Sound of Music - but somehow, 21 going on 22 just doesn't have the same ring.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Don Quixote
Rutledge from 1776
Joseph (hah!) (vocally right up my alley, though)
either male lead from Chess--I'm vocally more suited to play the Russian, but the American part is very compelling to me

I'd love to play Cromwell again in A Man for All Seasons.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Liesl in The Sound of Music
Rizzo in Grease
Eponine in Les Miserables

I know I can think of many more, and YES! Velma!!

Edit: Wow, imogen, I didn't refresh before I posted, you and I have very similar tastes. Everyone always wants to be Cosette and Maria.

[ March 30, 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
R2D2
Scooby Doo (I haven't seen to movie, only the cartoons)
Oooh, what was the name of that crazy gal in The Brother's Karamazov ? She was in love with Alyosha and slammed her finger in the door? That happened to me once. But it wasn't on purpose. Can't remember her name.
Anna Karenina
Sophia from War and Peace
If I were in LOTR, I would be Gimli. Then I would get to sit behind Legolas on the galloping horse :drools:
P.S. the neurotic chick in Chess I used to sing that "Long ago in someone else's lifetime" song in the shower.

[ March 30, 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: skrika03 ]

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof (I want to grow a big beard)
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Narnia, I'm doing the vocal direction for Into the Woods this summer! It's a kids' production, and I'm SO excited. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hamlet from...Hamlet
and Edgar from King Lear

I love those two roles...

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to play Hamlet, Prince of Denmark...and anything from Reduced Shakespeare.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Why has no one said Ender? And you people call yourselves fans?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually going to say that mazer-taser fellow from EG.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

heh heh. [Wink]

Raia, that sounds like so much fun!! I'm jealous!

I myself would like to play Hamlet. I could temporarily flatten my boobs and speak in a low hoarse voice.

Ok. Yeah, that's a bad idea. I just love the soliloquies.

I'd do Katherine in The Taming of the Shrew. She's got some great monologues. And I can definitely do Shrew. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*smacks forehead for forgetting to think of the Ender books*

I would definately enjoy acting as Valentine as in Ender's Game...

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, is that song really in the play? I've never seen it, so I wouldn't know.

What happened was, I downloaded a bunch of the music from Chess, and that song was one of the ones I downloaded, then I checked the soundtrack out of the library, and Someone Else's Story isn't on it. It's been bugging me for a long time. Who sings it? And When?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah Brown from Guys and Dolls.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Hotspur, too.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

It is in the play. It is sung by Florence. I thnk it might not have been in the British version.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite character ever is Peter from An Enemy of the People.

I would also love to be Hamlet in Hamlet.

I'm now living my dream of being Javert in Les Miserable. (Show is this weekend)

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be that guy on "Oblivious' on Spike Tv.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

Yep . . . that's it.
lcarus
Member # 4395

btw, Chess fans, Cor and I sang the "Terrace Duet" in a performance for the Rotary Club this year, and I will be using "Where I Want To Be" as an audition piece for this year's production of 1776. [Smile]
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle in "Beauty and the Beast"
Jo in "Little Women"
Hamlet in "Hamlet"
Jane Eyre in "Jane Eyre"
Elizabeth Bennet in "Pride and Prejudice"
Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing"
Puck in "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
Narrator in "Joseph"
Jean Valjean in "Les Miz"
Lady M in "Macbeth"
Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet"
Jill in "Butterflies are Free"
Jacee in "Comic Potential"
Ella in "Ella Enchanted"
Jonas in "The Giver"
Charlotte Doyle in "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle"
Meg in "Wrinkle in Time"
Ender in "Ender's Game

Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd
Of course, I'd have to be able to sing first. Which I can't. Alas.

I also always wanted to be Alia from the Dune books. But that might just have a little something to do with my answer to the fictional crush thread . . .

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I would kill to do any of the Sweeney Todd roles. I can sing Johanna, but I just don't fit the part physically. I imagine that she wasn't 6 feet tall. [Wink]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hedda Gabler from Hedda Gabler
Nora from A Doll's House
Lady Macbeth from Macbeth
Eowyn from LOTR
Meg Murray from A Wrinkle in Time
The White Witch from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians
Little Red Riding Hood from Into the Woods
The Witch from Into the Woods
Eponine from Les Miserables

I'm sure I'll think of others.
(edit: I did)

[ March 31, 2004, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Jenny Gardener ]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the Lion, Witch, Wardrobe production at BYU. I kept thinking how fun Edumund would be to play.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
same here MPH, but with the White Witch. Or Mrs. Beaver.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I would enjoy playing Fagin in Oliver! He has great lines and even better songs.

"I am reviewing the situation.
Must a villain be a villain all his life?"

"Cheerio, but be back soon.
I dunno, somehow I miss you."

"Why should we break our backs
stupidly paying tax?
Better get some untaxed income.
You've got to pick a pocket or two."

Great stuff. But I'm not a tenor.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely up for Aslan, but I'm going to let the witch just keep Edmund as the other children and I go skipping off into the woods. Hey, it's the Disney version.

Quasimodo
Macbeth
Shrek, definitely Shrek

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, if the part says "Strong Woman", I'm all over it. I want to be quirky, sexy, assertive, and powerful. I want people to fear me and admire me. I love playing the villain.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
The Narrator from Joseph
Eowyn from LotR
Fred from Once Upon a Matress
I'd like to do Mrs. Paroo from Music Man again.

I'm sure that there are others. But I'm sleepy and can't think of any more right now. [Smile]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd
This year I'm singing "The Worst Pies in London", it's so much fun, she's such a kooky character!

I would like to play:
Shakespeare:
Hamlet, Richard III (Men get all the best roles- actually I'd just like to be in Hamlet as anything)
Maria (from Twelfth Night)
Beatrice (From Much Ado About Nothing)
Musicals:
Eliza Dolittle (My Fair Lady)
Fantine (Les Miserables- If I was a man I would like to play Javert too...)
Nancy (Oliver!)
Other:
Rosencrantz (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead)

Will add more when I think of them.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Once upon a matress?
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really like to do Don Quixote/Cervantes in Man of LaMancha, but they'd never cast me for it. I have a Sancho body type. [Grumble]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo!
I always wanted to be Ophelia (from Hamlet). [Smile]
Once I got together with a couple of friends and we were going to film the whole play, and I was going to be Ophelia, but we only did the first scene. [Frown]

[ March 31, 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Sarah Brown from Guys and Dolls.
THIS is the one I forgot!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.