FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The all new 24 Season 3 thread

Author Topic: The all new 24 Season 3 thread
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok we are through the late winter doldrums and things are starting to heat up.

Gael is meat by the end of next episode. Michelle is not far behind. What is the bad guy going to ask the President to do? Will Palmer sacrifice his wife? [Smile] Will Jack have to kill Kim's boyfriend?

Any other predictions?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Will Palmer give in or will he let him release the virus?

Will the someone in the hotel get away and spread the virus anyway?

In the post appocolyptic world this creates, will the good people go to Boulder and the Bad people go to Las Vegas?

::breaks into "Baby Can You Dig Your Man"::

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
*he's a ritious man...*

i thought the epidose was awesome. like the empire strikes back of 24.

very dark. everything is going badly, Palmer is forced to lie to the Chief of Police and cover up Sherry's murder tracks, Amador get's blown up, Gael and Michelle are gonna bite it(though they'll probably figure out a way to save michelle...maybe), the virus is loose, Palmer is forced to give in to a terrorist, and Kim is still not happy about Chase's baby!!!!!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Michelle is going to die. There's really no way to save her unless they pull a star trek and have the doctor (played by the actress who played Talia Winters) cook up a magic cure in the 8 hours the show has left.

We'll prolly get to see her melt away like we watched George go out last year. Only without the redeeming death, because we all like Michelle. She doesn't have to be redeemed.

One thing I like about the show is pretty much anyone can die except Jack and I'm not all together sure he's going to survive all the time. They have no qualms about killing main characters. I figured Tony was dead when they shot him early in the season. They killed Nina 2 hours ago. Terri died in the first season. What would it do to Jack if he lost Kim? She's not even safe.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Pixiest
I think that Michelle will get really sick, but she will survive. I am betting that they are going to explain this as a result of the virus being changed. The terrorist exchanged speed for mortality. What I mean is that they made the virus take effect faster, but by sacrificing how many people it will kill. I bet they will drop the kill rate down to around 50% from the 90% it is now. That still gives them a good reason why she is seriously ill but not dead. From the progession speed so far Gael should be dead by the end of next episode and Michelle very sick. I truly expect Chase to die, but Kim to live and adopt his baby.
Part of me hopes that Palmer send Sherry into the hot zone. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Good point M2!

With a 90% fatality rate like the original virus it would seem cheesy if she was 1 in 10. But a 50% or even a 70% fatality rate it doesn't seem so bad.

I'd like Michelle to live but on the other hand if they kill her it would reenforce the point that no one is safe.

Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see Pamlmer fall from office because of covering up Sherry's murder. That would upset the the plan of the terrorist to use Palmer as a puppet to control the government.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, what I don't get is this: why would ANY terrorist want a virus with almost no incubation time, that killed people within a day of becoming infected? That would completely defeat the point of a world-spanning virus, wouldn't it?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

because it causes quicker panic? to use it to threaten the president by having the effects immediately shown?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Tom is right though, damn him and his liberal cabal. [Evil]

With that fast of an incubation period and time to death, a good quarentine would make the stuff burn out in less than a day.

Michelle did the right thing in shooting the guy trying to leave. By next episode the cops will be outside and will shoot anyone else trying to leave.

msquared

HonoreDB
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for HonoreDB   Email HonoreDB         Edit/Delete Post 
It makes sense to reduce the incubation time to one hour for a self-contained demonstration--the terrorists aren't trying to kill, or create chaos, this time...they just want leverage. I was feeling annoyed throughout the season that this genetically engineered virus would only be contagious when symptomatic; even natural diseases are smarter than that. This explains it. Yay.

Also, ick. Do I really want to spend the rest of the season watching 1000 people hemorrhage from multiple orifices?

I do think Michelle's got a shot at survival, though. Gael's a goner...and to think, poor guy already spent an hour being tortured by his own people due to political infighting and a lack of communication. He's the equivalent of Kim's friend in Season 1.

Posts: 535 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

They don't want a world wide epidemic, they want people afraid that a virus-bomb can go off in their area and kill 10s of thousands of people.
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, for random reasons, I just missed the most important episode in the season! Does it still reshow on F/X? If not, can I have a summary with all the spoilers?
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I don't think it's in an intelligent terrorist's best interest to actually cause a worldwide disaster that risks affecting him and his supporters as much as his targets. Much better to have a virus that kills a large number of people quickly, then dies out, so that you can continue to threaten the government that you'll do it again.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Bump to get people to tell me what happened, dang it!
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

You guys suck [Smile]
msquared
Member # 4484

Rat
since I don't know what episode you missed I don't know what to tell you. If you mean the last episode here is what happened.

The big bad guy, or so we think, is going to blackmail the president into doing what he wants or he will set off 11 more vials of the virus. One vial has already gone off in a large hotel in LA and infected about 1000 people there. The hotel is under shoot to kill quarentine. Michelle is in the hotel and infected, as is Gael. Gael, after less than 1 hour of exposure is already symptomatic,meaning bleeding alot and with sores. Other people in the hotel are stating to show as well. The terrorist modified the virus to increase the speed at which it works. Our speculation is that this might have dropped the kill rate from 90% to 50%. This give Michelle a 1 in 2 chance of survival instead of a 1 in 10.

We are not going to be seeing these people die for the next 8 hours. They will be gone in 2.

msquared

Strider
Member # 1807

Geoff, go to Fox.com. go to the 24 section. and there's an area where they have minute by minute rundowns of every single episode. go to the most recent hour and check it out.

they literally have a time stamp and then what happened to the right of it. it's pretty thorough.

i bet television without pity does write ups of 24 too. if you're up for a 12 page summary...

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

[reads Fox summary]

Crap! Palmer LIED?! AUGH!

Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
would like to see Pamlmer fall from office because of covering up Sherry's murder. That would upset the the plan of the terrorist to use Palmer as a puppet to control the government.
you know, i can actually see them doing this. they find out palmer lies, and temporarily take him out of office or something like that, thus making him unable to deal with the terrorists and in general causing trouble for jack bauer somehow.
msquared
Member # 4484

Palmer will not be out of office that quick.

Michelle should be sick by now, she has been exposed for over an hour. If she is not bleeding by half way through next episode then there is something wrong.

Gael bit it in less than two hours after exposure. True he got a massive does but that should not make the stuff work that much faster. Other people who were in the hotel started showing symptoms with in the hour.

I am just mad that they killed the hooker. I thought we were finally going to get our T & A.

msquared

AeroB1033
Member # 6375

- posted      Profile for AeroB1033   Email AeroB1033         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be seriously pissed off if Michelle(sp?) doesn't get infected. That would be just too darned convenient for her to be one the very few to survive. Yes, I like the character, and I want to see her live, but not if it means such a huge punch in the gut to believability and to my confidence in the 24 writers to continue taking the same risks that they have since the very first episode of the show.

But then, she isn't the only one who hasn't started to show symptoms. Despite my sneaking suspicions, maybe they'll do right...

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

Are you convinced now that the writers of 24 will kill almost anyone, for any reason, whenever they feel like it?

Is there anything that Jack Bauer will not do for his country?

msquared
Member # 4484

Are we sure that Chappel is dead? It sure looks like it, but the way this show goes, I can see them pulling out something, like they faked the death.

Of course Chappel was way too nervous to KNOW that they were going to fake his death. We still have not seen a close up of his body.

He might very likely be dead, just like the guy who headed CTU last year and sacrificed himself to fly the plane with the bomb in it.

At least they are going to put Kim in jepordy for a legitimate reason this year.

msquared

Alexa
Member # 6285

I am so sad Chappel dies. His assassination affected my gut like only this show can. I almost cried. I must admit I am cringing about how they plan to use Kim. I hope they can pull it off without being ridiculous. I am thinking that the president will turn himself in for covering up the murder just to cause a delay in the terrorists' plans to hijack the government--that would give Jack more time to hunt the bad guy down.

I really want the infection to spread to the whole population. What does anyone think will happen at the work meeting of the infected adulterer?

A_Rat_Named_Dog,

Would Jack kill Kim for his country? I would like to see that tested.

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

I bet Michelle doesn't get sick, just so the producers can piss us off by killing her in a car accident or something.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really suprised they killed Chappel. I kept thinking the entire time they were going to realize that what's the terrorist's name? didn't actually know who Chappel was and pull some corpse off the street and pretend it was Chappel.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I'm not positive Chapelle is dead. But then again i may just be suspending belief. But wow, i didn't think they'd go that far.

btw, you know what's worse than missing 24. watching the first 52 minutes and then missing the end of the episode! i've had to wait two days to find out if he lives or dies!

and i'm still in disbelief that he dies. maybe jack used some sort of non lethal bullet...maybe...I can't believe i'm so bent up about Chapelle. i never even liked him.

I missed next weeks preview(today's i guess [Smile] ). Can anyone relay to me what happened? i have no patience.

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
The terrorist british guy apparently has a daughter whom Kim is a dead ringer for. Oh the irony.

So jack's not too happy about that. He fights (physically) with Almeida.

Is Michelle dead yet? Did i miss that episode? She wasn't in the previews for next time

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
This last episode was very hard to watch. The handing out of the drugs at the hotel...the slow work up to the killing at the end...Man! It was sooooo tense and gut-wrenching.

I'm already tense about tonight's episode. This show has to be the best thing on tv.

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else here think that Elisha Cuthbert would look a lot better with a different haircut?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

She looks better in a wet t-shirt.

I have to go with the above. This last episode was probably the most suspensfull yet. However, if Michelle does not start bleeding soon they will probably have her survive, which would upset me. So far 30% of the people in the hotel are infected and she was active when the stuff was released.

I am still hoping that Jack figured out a way to dummy Chappel's death. Ryan was never a baddy, just an asshole doing his job.

From what I have heard, it gets even better.

msquared

msquared
Member # 4484

Ok I finally got to see Tuesdays episode last night.

Not as exciting as the week before, and it looks like Jack really did off Ryan. Damn, that's hard.

Will Kim go back to CTU or continue her impersonation? Will Michelle ever get sick? It has been what 4 hours now and 700 people are sick. If she does not show symptoms in the next hour then she will live. Of course they are going to give her the results of her test anyway so we should all know.

I used to think that Jack would not torture an innocent, like Suander's daughter, but now, I think he would. He just killed a co-worker in cold blood, I can see him doing a little torture.

msquared

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
He's also faked such things(torture of innocents) in previous episodes. I'm not sure there's enough evidence to determine either way. It would have been hard to fake Chapelle's death because they wanted the body. Otherwise, they could have easily faked it.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

They also verified his identity so that Jack could not kill someone else. I had an idea that Jack might pick some convicted murderer and kill him. He did it last year.

msquared

Alexa
Member # 6285

quote:
I bet Michelle doesn't get sick, just so the producers can piss us off by killing her in a car accident or something.
Good call Alexa!
Alexa
Member # 6285

quote:

Good call Alexa!

Thank you. [Blushing]
msquared
Member # 4484

Don't hurt your arm there Alexa. [Smile]

msquared

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

I'm afraid I fell for thier misdirection.

I totally expected someone to smash into Kim's car and take both Kim and the bad guy's daughter (why am I drawing a name blank?)

All the while I was thinking "This is cheesey. They did this in season 1."

msquared
Member # 4484

The bad guy is Stephen Saunders. I am drawing a blank on the name of the daughter. However, the prospect of her and Kim both in wet t-shirts is tantalizing.

msquared

Alexa
Member # 6285

Ouch! My elbow just popped! [Wink]

I was worried about it turning lame with Kim being a double. I am still a little skeptical of her incredible computer talent after 1 year. I must admit, tho, that they pulled it off well.

Now...will the whole town get infected? What will happen about Palmer's lie? How evil is Sherry and why did Palmer do it? How can they getr bad-guy now? What about the confrontation between Jack and the head of CTU? Is kim safe?

I must see 24. I MUST see it! Tuesday is too far away. I hate addictions. I rank 24 up there with Diet Coke. I just can't stop.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

My friend Larry is waiting for the DVD to even start watching 3.

I have to agree it's a better way to watch. Stuff that happened at the start of the season seems so long ago when, in the show, it's just a few hours.

Strider
Member # 1807

It's been 3 years since last season. So kim has had a little more time to learn all that.

it'd really suck for Michelle to miraculously survive the virus and then die from torture!

and is there a mole in ctu? how did Saunders men know she was leaving? And how exactly did he have that satellite data of the ctu teams outside? Maybe it's Chase's baby!!!

Alexa
Member # 6285

mole? hmmm...

What about the smartest girl at CTU? I forget her name, but she really annoys the boss. You know, the girl who let the boss know that the guy she works with has a sister who is infected.

Gotta love my specifics.

Anyways, she has the most access. She purposfully let the boss know about the guy's sister and now the guy is less competent. She now has even more authority. This is a new thought. What does anyone else think?

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

I loved Tony's line. "Chloe, I'm getting really sick of your personality."
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Chloe being a mole would be a nice twist. She's been Almost Fired twice this year (once by jack, once by ryan)
Strider
Member # 1807

So tonight was pretty huge.

*Spoilers*

I can't believe Sherry is dead. Milikan's wife dying I sort of exptected though. At the beginning of the episode i told my friend they'd probably kill her off somehow to save them the trouble of tying up the story in a more creative way. I didn't see her killing Sherry though till she showed up at her house.

You think they'll kill Jack next episode? it'd be a crazy ending...

Alexa
Member # 6285

Whatever happened to all the people who may already be infected from the cheating husband? I wanted to see more of that!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a feeling they are setting up either Jack or Tony to be against the government in the next season. I would love it if the American government became a dictatorship (from the vacuum Palmer's oust will create) that Jack fights. I would also love it if Jack goes "bad."

zip
Member # 4710

- posted      Profile for zip   Email zip         Edit/Delete Post 
Clues about the finale, if you don't want to know don't click the 24 spoiler link .
Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad Sherry is dead and whatever else happens that storyline is finished. For the first time I will enjoy an entire episode of 24.
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.