FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scooped or Duped?

Author Topic: Scooped or Duped?
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
Linkage.

[ April 06, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: JohnKeats ]

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn.... the implications if true....

But... Pakistan?

[ April 06, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice collection of innuendo and unprovable (but also unrefutable) assertions.

Take a look at the site they reference: Al Martin Raw.com. Didn't see this story on the site; it may be in the subscribers-only section.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Bogus.

The story starts out talking about WMD being snuck into the country, then switches to cash being snuck out of the country--hinting that the reason we invaded was petty larceny, then focused in on the idea that our leaders over there are similary to Roman viceroys, lounging around sipping brandy all day.

When this story gets to a more reputable news source, then I will consider it.

As it is, its just another wild rumor designed and spread to inflame both sides.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaladinVirtue
Member # 6144

- posted      Profile for PaladinVirtue   Email PaladinVirtue         Edit/Delete Post 
"Al Martin is a retired Lt Commander (US Navy), the author of a memoir called “The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider,” and is considered one of America’s foremost experts on corporate and government fraud..."

Who? Never heard of this "foremost expert". And the last paragraph of he story was comical aswell...

"CIA people were supposed to be handling it,” Martin continues. “They had a special ‘black’ aircraft to fly it out. But none of that happened because the regular US Army showed up, stumbled onto it and everyone involved had to scramble. These new Iraqi “asset seizures” go directly to the New US Ruling Junta. The US Viceroy in Iraq Paul Bremer is reportedly drinking Saddam’s $2000 a bottle Napoleon-era brandy, smoking his expensive Davidoff cigars and he has even furnished his office with Saddam’s Napoleon-era furniture."

The bais in this paragraph should tell you all you need to know about the alleged source. I wonder if this Pakistani publication (it's kinda fun to say that 5 times fast [Wink] ) knows that a lot of what is on the internet is not exactly what anyone in their right mind would call fact? I mean would a credible news source cite a private tabloid internet site as a news source? I think not. I vote Duped.

Edit: What scares me is that some people will that and beleive it. Thereby spreading distrust and anger. Just what we need more of in the world and especially the middle east!

[ April 06, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: PaladinVirtue ]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.