FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do you celebrate Easter? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do you celebrate Easter?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Well,it's Easter Sunday. Today is the day I sit down with my bishop and talk to him about my depression. This is going to be hard. I could use some encouragement and a few hugs if y'all don't mind.

Happy Easter.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm singing in the choir today, and my wife is wearing her new Easter dress. What ever happened to the Easter bonnet tradition?

Good luck with the bishop Derrell, or should I say YM President Derrell?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

skillery [ROFL]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
On Easter Monday, the boys go around beating the girls with these specially made easter sticks (woven with ribbons on the end), and in return the girls give them (chocolate) eggs or vodka (one for the young boys, the other for the adult boys). East of here they combine this with pouring water on the girls. And in Poland I think they just do the water.

I try not to go outside on Easter. [Smile]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

This is a truly beautiful Easter Sunday. I had a nice talk with my bishop and am going to get the help I need.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, now that you mention it, I think in some parts of the country, they do the sticks thing instead of water.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I will never forget how my grandfather poured (really stinky) perfume over me once. I was supposed to meet my best girlfriend's fiance for the first time. I was so MAD!!!

(perfume is supposedly more "chic" than water. But not when it is the cheapest fake perfume!!!)

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

I feel slightly sick.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I try not to go outside on Easter.
[Evil]

it didn't work out for lissande [Evil Laugh] She came over for breakfast to mu house yesterday (we celebrated my Bday) and I tricked her into bathroom where she was showered with cold water [Evil Laugh]

Way to go - getting used to "new" traditions in your/our home country [Smile] I love you so much [Kiss]

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.