FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dagonee's Mindless Exam Crunch Project (One to Go) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dagonee's Mindless Exam Crunch Project (One to Go)
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
This is blackmail, you know.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What, my thread's not good enough for discussion in? [Wink]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I told 'em to come here to discuss it. But the fact is, new threads are more likely to get noticed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No they aren't.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Feeling contrary, mack?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Refuses to let his link fall on the, selom notcied, last post on the page*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No I'm not.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
"Maryland's a beautiful state."
"This is Delaware,"
"I know. I was one of the original Chinese workmen who laid the track on this stretch. But nonetheless, Maryland is a beautiful state. So is Ohio, for that matter."

-The Manchurian Candidate, and I found this only by chance, so don't ask me who says what.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That quote's much funnier if you stop it after
"I know." I think that's going in.

Edit: For Deleware.

[ April 20, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Connecticut, so I have several to suggest.

CHP Officer: Well, why Connecticut?
from Cannonball Run II (1984).

Cuddles Kovinsky: God, I wish I lived in Connecticut!
from Polyester (1981).

And my personal favorite:

Gus: Connecticut is the fifth ring of hell.
from The Ref (1994).

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ooh, Dennis Leary quotes now. I'll have to find the .wav file for that one.

Dagonee

Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually met Dennis Leary...and in Connecticut too. That one should be a no brainer.

That, and the fact the quote is pretty much true [Evil] .

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
John Linnell of TMBG fame did a whole CD of state songs. Not that that has anything to do with this but anyway it's cool. South Carolina is far and away my favorite, but Maine also rocks. I don't know if he's finished with all 50 yet. There are only about 15 on the cd. Not one for Alabama.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and several just in the single song ("Mr. Adams," or something like that) sung by the delegates assigned to the drafting committee.

That would be "Who Will Write It."

(Though the sheet music at the end of the script does call it "But Mr. Adams.")

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, I changed California due to popu...er some demand.

Added Maine, Connecticut, and Delware.

37 remaining.

Dagonee

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
House of Yes, The (1997)

Jackie-O: Pennsylvania's just this state that's in your way when you want to get somewhere else.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[ROFL] That's so true for me.
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's Idaho:
Chris: Could you just drop us off at a mall or something?
Joe Gipp: A mall? Where do you think we are, Boise, Idaho?
From Adventures in Babysitting .

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Thank you! Thank you! [Hail] Dagonee

(What does it mean when I think you're blackmailing me and you think I'm blackmailing you? [Wink]

There must be a joke about Jewish guilt and Catholic guilt in there somewhere, but I can't come up with one . . . [Big Grin] )

Dagonee
Member # 5818

*Mad scientist looks up from his beaker*

Bwahahahahaha! In this vial is the distilled essence of Jewish guilt. In this vial, Catholic guilt. When I combine them, I will hold in my hand the most powerful force in the universe!

*Massive explosion, pull back to mushroom cloud*

rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL] Good thing I had finished my cream soda before I saw that! Two Hatrackers spewing soda on their monitors in the same day -- well, let's just say I try to be more original than that. [Wink]

For North Carolina (or perhaps South):

Charles Cornwallis: Colonel Tavington, why, after six weeks, am I still here at Middleton place attending a ball in South Carolina while I should be attending balls in NORTH CAROLINA?

-- The Patriot, 2000

And one for South Carolina:

Private Joker: [narrating] "Paris Island, South Carolina. The Marine Corps Training Depot. An eight-week college for the stupid tough and the crazy brave."

-- Full Metal Jacket, 1987

[Edit: how did that get in there?? Gone now.]

[ April 22, 2004, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

BTW, Penn quote is going in at next update.

The problem with your first quote, rivka, is that it seems to say something much more poignant about SC than NC, and your SC quote from FMJ is much better.

Dagonee

P.S., come on, no one can find one about Mississippi?

rivka
Member # 4859

Yeah, but it was the best I found for NC. [Dont Know]

For Mississippi:

Ulysses Everett McGill: That's not the issue Delmar. Even if that did put you square with the Lord, the State of Mississippi's a little more hard-nosed.

-- O Brother, Where Art Thou?, 2000

Dagonee
Member # 5818

YES! I should have remembered that one. Excellent.
rivka
Member # 4859

Sam McCord: George, a wonderful thing about Alaska is that matrimony hasn't hit up here yet. Let's keep it a free country!
-- North to Alaska, 1960

Anthony Cortino: I'm not my father, Diane, just like you're not your father. If we were our fathers, what we did last night would only be legal in Arkansas.
-- Mafia! (aka: Jane Austen's Mafia!), 1998

Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?
Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.
-- Dogma, 1999

mackillian
Member # 586

Forrest: "You should go back to Greenbough ALABAMA!"
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes! All good.

And Hobbes, your game is awesome, even if I haven't got through level 2 yet. Did you do that in DirectX or GDI?

Dagonee

[ April 22, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I used the SDL API. [Cool] Glad you liked it!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Cool. Slowly the IT acronyms are being banished from my brain...
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
There should be a Mac version. [Grumble]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It should run on Mac with the right installation: http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/09/21/sdl.html
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
From Sweet Home Alabama :

(After Mayor Kate Hennings swats a mosquito)

Mayor Kate Hennings: One down, seven million to go.

Earl Smooter: Hey, you just smashed the state bird of Alabama!

[ April 23, 2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Coccinelle ]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
For Georgia:

From No Time For Sergeants (1958)

Maj. Demming: I think that I would rather live in the rottenest pigsty in Tennessee or Alabama than the fanciest mansion in all of Georgia. How about that?

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Unforgiven (1992)

Little Bill Daggett: I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.

I like this game! It's providing me with potential hours of homework procrastination possibilities [Smile]

[ April 22, 2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Coccinelle ]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Smile] That's it's purpose! Good ones.
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

From The Chamber:

Nora Stark "You're in Mississippi now - land of the secrets. There are bodies buried everywhere."

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Do we have one for Alaska yet?

*From Mission Impossible

Eugene Kittridge: I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.

*From Snow Dogs

Amelia: [on phone] Hey, honey. How's Alaska?
Ted: Oh, just great. Everything's white. Including my father!

*From Scarface

Tony Montana: You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.

[ April 22, 2004, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Updated the list. I put in all states with a contribution except North Carolina (I put that one in for SC). If I missed you or misattributed someone let me know.

Almost half done, and so far there's been no settling. Excellent!

Dagonee

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

For Missouri:

Glenn Welsch, Mayor: There's a saying in Missouri, if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes. In Blaine, with hard work, I think we can get that down to three or four minutes.

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

For Wyoming from Breaking Away:

Mike: That's the place to be right there, Wyoming! Nothin' but prairies and mountains and nobody around. All you need is your bed roll and a good horse.
Cyril: Don't forget your toothbrush! You're still in your cavity-prone years.

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

A few for Hawaii- you pick-

From Miss Congeniality:
Gracie Hart: In Hawaii don't they use aloha for hello and goodbye?
Miss Hawaii: Yeah, so?
Gracie Hart: so if you're on the phone with somebody and they won't stop talking and you say, ok aloha, don't they just start over again?

From Quick:
Sheriff: You folks are from Hawaii and you came to L.A. on your honeymoon?
Herschel: Yeah. One day we just got sick of living in paradise.

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
For North Dakota:

Lil: Let me guess: Piedmont, North Dakota.
Violet: South Amboy, New Jersey.
Lil: Same thing.

from Coyote Ugly

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

quote:
Arizona
H.I. McDonnough: I couldn't believe that a woman who looked as fertile as the Tennessee River Valley could bear no children, but the doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase.
Raising Arizona contributed by my sweetie pie!

I don't really understand how this is about Arizona except for the title of the movie.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Cher: Josh and I just both fell in love with each other, and next happened...

[screen shows a couple about to wed]

Cher: AS IF. Besides I'm only 16 and this is California, not Kentucky.

Clueless

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

r3: You're right. It was late. I moved it to Tennessee.

Dagonee

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one perhaps for Florida.

Albert: Oh yes...Coldeman. The "d" is silent in America. It's Cole D'Isle au Man, or Cole of the Isle of Man, in France, where Armand's chateau is, Cold-e-man in Greece where Armand's work is, and finally the vulgar Coleman in Florida where Armand's home is, so actually, we don't know where we are until we hear our last name pronounced! Ahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

- The Birdcage

Oh, and I'm very upset you didn't use my West Virginia quote. [Razz]

*edit* And here's one for Rhode Island.

There's a country that's so small, Rhode Island can beat the hell out of it!

- Arthur

[ April 25, 2004, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Sorry. Oversight - I'll add it during the next update.

Dagonee

Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, I added Florida, Hawaii, Kentucky, Missouri, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Only 15 more left!

Dagonee

Dagonee
Member # 5818

The forum's just moving to damn quickly today, so I'm bumping this...
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Dagonee.

I know you're not really a n00b anymore, but since you signed on when I was MIA I wanted to tell you that I think you're pretty okay.

That's it.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.