FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Changing your name to avoid a landmark at the x,0000 mark (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Changing your name to avoid a landmark at the x,0000 mark
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
oh. no. no emoticons.

I was just thinking about some of the landmark posts I've been reading about and feeling a little out-of-place. I like your take on the meaning regarding the numerical nature of these posts.

I'm getting up there in post-count (again) without a definitive contribution. I was wondering, if you feel like it, if you might consider "cueing" me to post something like this, at your random leisure.

Sort of a game. Lemme know what you think.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me make sure I get it: You want me to give you a cue to get you started writing your landmark? (I think that's what I understood from your post...)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Yup!

I'd have to be logged on here, obviously.

(I like the creative writing threads, and I thought there might be a challenging opportunity here).

Not very well thought out, but if you think it's interesting or have any ideas yourself, lemme know.

thanks,

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Kay fallow: Here's some writing fodder.

Prompt: What do you like/love about your life right this minute? Please explain why you like/love these things and any important details you'd like to include about how you acquired these things that you like/love about your life.

That should get you started. [Wink] Thanks for letting me write a prompt.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Narnia,

I love the freedom I have right now to continue an unfettered exploration of life, love, the world, and meaning. At the same time, I envy those things that would obliterate that freedom and the hard-won observations and experiences I've gained from it.

does that make any sense?

fallow

Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Am I really the same person when I post as ana kata?
I love this question, because I think you're onto something here. I definitely have a different posting style with this username. I don't think cause and effect is clear, though, since I switch to this one depending on my mood. Kind of like Tres and Xap.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.