FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Memory Experiment: Anyone willing?

Author Topic: Memory Experiment: Anyone willing?
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm conducting an experiment on memory improvement techniques, the results of which could shed light on how the two-halves of the brain interact in memory formation.

Is anyone willing to participate in the experiment? You will have to spend 5-10 minutes per day on it.

If you are, post your email address, and I will contact you when the experiment starts.

Thanks!

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there money involved?
It does sound interesting...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
What are your requirements for test subjects? I have a very poor short-term memory due to some prescription drugs I was on a few years back.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.mindtools.com/memory.html

http://www.andibell.net/memorisez.html

http://www.thememorypage.net/

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StallingCow
Member # 6401

- posted      Profile for StallingCow   Email StallingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
5-10 minutes per day? You actually expect me to remember to do that?
Posts: 106 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

5-10 minutes per day for one week.

No money, sorry. This entire hour of your time will be used for the sake of science, possibly saving millions of people's lives. (Well, probably not, [Wink] )

The requirements are lax, but I can't recall them exactly because they are in a folder elsewhere.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
The same five to ten minutes every day? If so, then I can't. If not, then I might be able to. Though someday I'd like to get the neuropsyche re-evaluation to gauge how much improvement I've made.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

The 5-10 minutes have to be in the same time zone every day, namely sometime before you go to sleep and sometime after you wake up, but that's the only limitation.
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it require being on the internet? My internet's provided by my school and thus free. It also occasionally gives out for a couple days at a time. If not, I'd love to help. [Smile]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Internet is not needed every day. Only for communication purposes at the start and end of the experiment.
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'd like to help. My e-mail is in my profile.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll sign up! My e-mail is in my profile.
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure I'm in. E-Mail in the profile.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
If the fact I'm French and so English is not my first language isn't a problem, sign me in (e-mail in profile)
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Thanks for the interest! I'm still gathering participants from elsewhere, so hold on; I want to start everything together.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.