FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
This topic should suit us to a "T"...

Puns about clothing.

I hope I don't wear out this thread in the first post.

If you aren't too much of a stuffed shirt, you could sew up the top prize and garment much praise.

My hat's off to all of you!

[ April 26, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Just anything off the cuff?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am knitting my brow in concentration, as I plan to spin a yarn.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm lining my pockets with the proceeds from all your fine efforts.

It's my investment plan. Sort of a reattirement account.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Smarty pants.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Stop needling Bob, Taalcon.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Needling Bob? Heck I'm in stitches
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Hey, if the shoe fits...
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Very tongue in cheek, Taalcon.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Socks Taalcon.

Stop trying to button hole me.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, Bob, just zip it.
punwit
Member # 6388

That shoe comment was laced with sarcasm.
Taalcon
Member # 839

Keeping up with Bob is actually more difficult than it seams.
punwit
Member # 6388

Not if you don't hem and haw around.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob is silky smooth, it's true.
punwit
Member # 6388

At the risk of repeating myself this topic is tailor made for us punsters. I'm simply panting I'm so exicited.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
what a holey mess. Bob will trim this conversation into shape. He will tailor this conversation to suit his needs, and tie up anyone who doesn't fit into his pattern for world domination.

I helped hin cobble up this plan while in Boston. [ROFL]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am off to the Cape next weekend.
Satan
Member # 529

- posted      Profile for Satan   Email Satan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure puns are in my jeans, or am I skirting the issue?
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Satan, stop ribbon me.
Satan
Member # 529

- posted      Profile for Satan   Email Satan         Edit/Delete Post 
Am knot!

[ April 26, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Satan ]

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The sheer joy of this thread is gown overwhelm me.

I feel tied to you people like never before.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Satan, go tend to your lost soles.
Taalcon
Member # 839

Kiss my Jordache.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Does anyone want to meet at Fedoras Tavern (a real place in South Hadley), it's perfect for this conversation.

I've never felt this close to you, Bob.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

T, you must have tied one on. Don't you think you should bow out of the race? You are really coming loose at the seams.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Kwea,
Isn;t there a famous bowler who works there?

Kwea
Member # 2199

no, but there are a few peole there who wear many hats, so I might be wrong....
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I love the feather duster the bartender uses.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Patently, some of y'all are doing your best to beret us all in fluff. It really goes against the grain, but woolly, can't you pair some of these down? Shorts and sweat, you know.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, lord, Rivka. You sound exactly like my old Aunts Polly, Esther, Victoria, and my cousin, Victoria's secret daughter.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is great. I certainly wouldn't make any alterations.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are some topics that we haven't a dressed yet, though. More later, once I get my thoughts gathered better.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

A hem...

Oh, never mend. I was just gathering wool. I feel a major pun looming. Bob has weft the building. He's too warped for this.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Darn! I forgot one. Sort of left a hole.

It makes me mad. I feel a fit of choler -- I'm undone.

Any snappy comebacks?

Kwea
Member # 2199

I'm feeling a little plaid lately...

Probably from flying by the seat of my pants all the time.

My Aunt Polly Ester keeps telling me that I should let myself out more, butt I like staying in at my pad. I've got the measure of the club scene and I don't like getting into fista cuffs.
I'd rather stay in than end up getting booted...Although it is fun getting ripped once and a while...

[ April 27, 2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts jeans on backwards*

*addresses ladies in the room*

"could I get a zip?"

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,

If I were clever enough I'd find another way to tell you this, but I'm not that clever. I love your threads.

fallow

(edited for extreme profanity and sentimentality buried in spelling mistakes - this is only the 3rd edit, I swear!)

[ April 27, 2004, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

fallow- at least you appreciate these threads, not everyone cottons to them.
Kwea
Member # 2199

If only Bob had mohair...

Sorr, that was a blousey thing to say; BoB is the don of Hatrack humor. So Bob, are you going to Oxford anytime soon? Stafford-on-Avon? They have good eats, but don't scarf it down too quick, or you'll end up wearing it....

[ April 27, 2004, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

punwit
Member # 6388

quote:
They have good eats, but don't scarf it down too quick, or you'll end up wearing it....
Is this the same as being di(vested) of nourishment?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Don't be such a heel...or I'll stick my tongue out and go on a tear!
punwit
Member # 6388

Ok Kwea, I'll keep it brief and try to avoid a slip of the tongue. Let's not hose this discussion with threats.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I think fallow fabricated a good post there. Even if he was making another blanket statement, it's what's underneath that counts. "Under wear?" you ask? Why, under pants, of course.

However, now we're on a slippery slope for some of our more religious members. Sort of a Calvin Incline, if you will. Don't even start to tell them about the Fruit of the Loom -- that gay marriage stuff'll just warp their minds.

(Okay, a better use of loom and warp, so I went for it...once more into the breeches.)

It makes me sad to see all you people up in arms, girdling your loin cloths. Far too restrictive. Maybe we need some binding regulations.

punwit
Member # 6388

Oh! The way you Bob and weave has got me feeling weft behind.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

It's really pouring in here. I wonder where mac is.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in stitches...

[ROFL]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That was thinly veiled. You know, this thread has gone from bustling to bust in short order. I had to leave for a little while -- satin on a meeting. It's going okay, but everyone seamstress, like they're sizing up the competition. It was all I could do to take it all in a little. The comedian was good; dry, clean, mostly funny.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop being such a... sock.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
This is such a Bra'd topic, I hope I can come up with a pun under the wire. A Cup'l of ideas crossed my heart, but nothing good.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.