FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, never mind, I'm under too much sdress as it is.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, didn't mean to ruffle you.

Sari. (Ellen Degeneres joke, "Sarong and Sari")

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Those were really a pun-jabby pair of puns.

[ April 29, 2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth are you still sdressed out? Have you ever tried visualization? I'm thinking about a beautiful beach. Sun sinking low, wavelets laughing against the sand al the smells tinged with salt. Ya feelin it?

[ April 29, 2004, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Did anyone else have siblings steal your clothes? "Those ar my boots man and I'm fatigued from fighting you over my clothes."
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I always wear my diamond to the beach. I like to bathe in suit.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
While at the beach, I usually have a thong stuck in my mind, and some fat guy usually gets pulled over for speedoing right in front of me...

As I google in my goggles, I swim until I get chapped. Then iron for my board and hit the waves, and they drive me to shore. At noon the beach is so warm, I believe I'm in sand-hell.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired of you people flip-flopping on the issues.

I think it's time we all acted more god-like. Lycra, Odin or Zeus.

Maybe we just need a change of locale. We could go to England, perhaps, and approach the big city. Once we're nylon don driving gloves and change a tire.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kale
Member # 6460

- posted      Profile for Kale           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We could go to England, perhaps, and approach the big city.
Sounds fun. Alpaca my bags.

When do you and your beau tie the knot, anyway?

Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Shawl we all form a circle and discuss this some more? Aww yukata kimono here and participate. I promise it'll make you happi.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I want toga to England too.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dan, i think that would be the crowning experience of my life. Do you want to take your car, ermine?
punwit
Member # 6388

I've been contemplating the effectiveness of using puns in battle. We've all seen people nearly inCAPicitated by bad puns, groaning and holding thier stomach. I believe it's possible that the pun is mitre than the sword.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Dan stole my pun. Hillfigger out that he shouldn't do that one day.

(Note: not really accusing Dan of anything, but I think he has designs on me.)

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

jehovoid,

You are warped to think of Dan that way.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Because Dan is so straight-laced and all.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I'm not warped. I just think there are other people who are true-blue and have better genes den 'im. Some people just don't make the cut-off.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am not joining this fray.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Come on. Once more into the breeches.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with jehovoid, come hell or high-waters!

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, stop hemming and hang.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I wonder if Bob's gonna give out awards for this smackdown, or if he's just stringing us along again.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Catgut!

*Fallow shouts the alarm as the cat skampers across Jehovoid's loom*

a line I'd like to follow.

[ May 01, 2004, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Okie-Dokie, when do we leave, Bob? Before or after I go to Arizona, Jean?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Jehovoid, don't worry.
Bob usually comes in just under the wire.

punwit
Member # 6388

I just popped in for a moment this morning. I'll be judging homebrews later today in KC. I noticed that Nick posted a Landmark yesterday so I will hoist one of those fine brews in a toast tunic.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I should beer rate you for talking about alcohol consumption on this forum. However, I'd like to tie one on with you some time. Maybe we can go to the sock hop together.

(Ooh, I like combination puns)

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am off to a wedding on The Cape. I hope there isn't a lot of traffic on the britches. Dang it. I would much rather be skiing in Veil, boot I missed the season.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Cool. The wedding had an open bra. Another thing that was neat was, the brides made dresses. I stubbed my toe, though, and I cried out: "What in carnation!"

In order to entice my daughter to come with me, I said she could wear her white dress, as long as she was careful with her food and drink. She decided to stay in.

[ May 01, 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

punwit
Member # 6388

Well I made it home safely. I sampled many fine beers yesterday. I did have a few that weren't so fine. One particular blond ale I judged was tartan nasty. It coated my tongue with sourness, completely out of style.

Friday evening I judged Barleywines mmmmm, yesterday blond ales and bocks.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The women at the wedding were dressed so inappropriately. Some were wearing barley anything at all. It caused quite a bra ha.
punwit
Member # 6388

At yeast they weren't hopped up on anything, or at least I hop they weren't. Sounds like some of those young ladies need a guiding hand. I pray that they have firm mentors that don't skirt the tough issues.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, some who were wearing fur, meant well.
punwit
Member # 6388

Being part of a homebrew club carries with it a desire to legitimize drinking in a responsible way. I don't like to highlight or draw attention to those that abuse alchohol but there was a woman at this competition that could really down a glass of beer, man you should seersucker down.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The way some of you have abused my good name, I think a good law Suit is in order, with lots of Briefs.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Saturday as the competition was winding down I had a visiting judge from Minnesota question me about places to purchase taffy on his way out of town. Unfortunately I was unable to help him in his quest for taffeta go.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, gown, Punwit, you know yu just made that up!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.