FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why do you guys hate this person so much? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why do you guys hate this person so much?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
For MEC, because I don't want to keep bumping want2write's thread.

I don't hate w2w. Every once in a while, some teenage kid shows up, makes a bunch of threads about how cool they are and how uncool Hatrack is, and then subsequently feeds off the responses of those people who somehow feel it's necessary to explain that Hatrack really is cool. I have no clue why these people feel the need to justify Hatrack's existence to these punk kids, and I have no clue why these punk kids stick around, continually baiting the forum members into this justification to feed their already overweening teenage egos.

I'm not very patient with obnoxious teenagers, having been one myself not that long ago and having little patience with my peers at the time.

w2w has made a score of threads, at times demanding attention, at other times requiring an answer for the state of the forums. Sometimes he/she/whatever just slams something important to get a response. Never really bothering to post again in their own thread, since the goal is attention, not conversation. Ultimately, it's a cheap and boring trick, and the result is neither interesting, humorous, or constructive.

In one of w2w's posts, they made some sort of lame threat to the effect of, "the mods may ban my name, but I swear to god I'll come back." Why on earth would the mods ban this person? They're not interesting enough to be offensive. They're just clutter. But the threat indicated to me that they felt they were some sort of effective poster, disrupting the entire balance of the forum. They want to think this way, because it makes them feel important. And it encourages more of these single-post topics, and more clutter, and more annoyance. The only way to stop attention vampires is to ignore them, and not post in their threads.

For the record, I don't hate teenagers. There are a lot of very cool teenagers around Hatrack that I adore. Heck, I let T_Smith sleep on my futon for the weekend, only knowing him from his posts.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate teenagers.

*shakes fist*

Damn teenagers with their rock.and.roll.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Heck, I let T_Smith sleep on my futon for the weekend, only knowing him from his posts.
Yeah, but you have a habit of trying to corrupt virtuous, innocent, young Mormon boys [and only one of those descriptors fits me so this isn't about me so don't even go there] so I don't think that this is the best example.

Indeed, I think that you and celia are a much bigger threat to the flock than a million Jack Chick tracts.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Don't forget Kama. She's even skankier than I am and she's foreign.

You know what the Lord God's word says on foreign women.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
man, why do i have to keep taking this crap? what form has this supposed corruption on my part taken?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia, melons. It's all about the fruit.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Celia:

Those who are most defensive are usually those with the most to hide.

Ralphie:

How could I forget? Those foreign women are big trouble. I don't even want to imagine what's going to take place at this so-called "KamaCon." No good can come of this, I fear. I'm just glad that it's being held in Chicago and not somewhere out here in the West where all the good Mormons are.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

i'm a threat to innocent young mormon boys by caring about their nutrition?

i wasn't even at said mellon incident, how can i be held responsible for their interpretation of my gift?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

That's how insidious you are -- you don't even have to BE there! [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

The celia-meme corrupts all.
rivka
Member # 4859

I wonder if iodine would help.
celia60
Member # 2039

The antidote is in these donuts. 10 a day will cure you in 3 months time.

jerks.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

I probably shouldn't point out that I'm about 15 pounds underweight.
rivka
Member # 4859

*glares at Zal*

Not generally the best move, no.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*smacks ralphie*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you suppose we "hate" wants2write? I know I am just merely amused. Jest and fun.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
*smacks ralphie*
Okay. But you know I like it.

One more for the road.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, yeah, baby.

*smack away*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care if you have something against what w2w is trying to say however, I find that alot of people seem to make foun of w2w's english skills and even mocking them. I also see alot of posts telling w2w that they want w2w to leave, and many paradies on w2w's name such as WantHimNot2Write. To me that's just despicable. I don't think you should ever make fun of or belittle a person just because they don't have as much skills with your language as you do.

[ April 29, 2004, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Agreed.

Which is why I haven't done any of things mentioned in your post, but simply expressed shock that people keep responding to their threads and giving them attention to feed off of.

As your post with the above question was almost right after mine, I assumed you were asking me the question directly.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::dies laughing::

::reads part about how I'm being corrupted again::

::laughs again::

What am I going to tell my Bishop when I explain I can't go on my mission. "Sorry, Bishop, I slept on a girls futon in November and I've never been the same. And now I'm going to Chicago in August and my pure and innocent soul will be lost to bikini's and pizza."

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine bikinis in Chicago. Just can't.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Its possible about five minutes out of the year.

Edit: Ok, thats not fair. I lived in Madison for four years, which is colder then chicago, and the bikini's came out in APRIL.

[ April 29, 2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Paul Goldner ]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

deep dish bikini pizza?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Deep dish pizza is an abomination. It's just plain unnatural. And much too decadent.

Yep, give me the spartan, cardboard crust, super-acidic sauce, and way-too-oily pepperoni of a Utah pizza any day.

---
Actually the Brick Oven in Provo is a decent place.

And while it may not be as authentic as Chicago pizza in Chicago -- the legendary Zachary's Pizza in Berkeley is awesome. I love their stuffed spinach and mushroom pizza.

MEC
Member # 2968

*loves all pizza equally, unless I don't like it's toppings*

[ April 29, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"Actually the Brick Oven in Provo is a decent place."

Been there, done that, had the root beer.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

<----been there, done that, had the root beer back when you were still in diapers.
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the rest of you, but I love want2write. I think s/he is the finest troll ever to walk among us. Ordinarily I'm not fond of their type, but w2w has elevated the practice to a fine art form. I find the posts hilarious, and can't wait until s/he returns.

I haven't seen any of these parodies you're talking about. But I haven't been around much lately either. I'll have to search them out before I make a judgement on them.

[ April 29, 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit that one completely unexpected perk about living in Madison is the really remarkably attractive women who begin wearing shockingly skimpy clothing as soon as the snow is no longer above one's knees.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Happens out here too, Tom.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Pssh. Y'all ain't seen nothin' tell you've been to Hawaii in June.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing special about women in swimwear in Hawaii. It's like cold on ice cream.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but see, it's the sheer volume. There shouldn't be that many girls on one island.

Edit: *rereads post* Oog, y'know what? I think I imagine myself to be a lot wittier than I am in reality after not sleeping for thirty hours. Pay me no mind. *laugh*

[ April 29, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Bok-
having lived in both madison and boston...

MAdison wins by a lot. The sheer volume of attractive women is greater then what exists in boston, despite madison being half the size of boston proper.

I loved April in madison, especially when I lived in the dorms...

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was only remarking on the behavior. I have heard many stories of the general attractiveness of the women there. It must be compensation for the general monotony of the landscape [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

So, what's the deal with Madison, then?

Is it all the corn feeding?

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

It's the bathing in milk.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Whole milk, or skim?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to know that if I ever swallow poison, I can just remember the phrase "deep dish bikini pizza" and it will be right back out. Thank you in advance for saving my life.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

You're welcome. [Wink]
MEC
Member # 2968

I would like to know what WantHimNot2Write is doing by bumping all of want2write's topics.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
We hates it, preciouss! It trickses us!
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Wanthimnot2write is beginning to annoy me significantly more than want2write ever did.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed.
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to know which kind of milk to bathe in to get pretty!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Kinda makes you wonder if wanthimnot2write is even a different person.

(goat's milk) (although you may just want to get beaten with a pretty stick)

[ April 29, 2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
No problem with want2write...

...but whoever wanthimnot2write is needs to stop. They shouldn't be messing with him/her like that.

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i'm a threat to innocent young mormon boys by caring about their nutrition?

i wasn't even at said mellon incident, how can i be held responsible for their interpretation of my gift?

I have to admit that the honeydew was quite tasty. I didn't have any of the cantaloupe, though.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I think that we all need to calm down a little and breath-- oh sorry, wrong thread.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.