FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Asking an Hatrack favor for my wedding

Author Topic: Asking an Hatrack favor for my wedding
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
As a lot of you know, I’m getting married quite soon (the 7th May civil wedding, the 8th May religious wedding).
Lately, I kept dreaming of my wedding, and there were always a lot of Hatrackers (Jatraqueros-Jatraqueras [Smile] ) here.
Well, I know perfectly that none of you will be here in person.
But I wondered if you could send me e-mails. I mean, just little ones, even with one word only («congratulations» would be a good idea [Big Grin] )
That would help me to support my BIL and SIL (see the hug thread for the last details), and to know that there are a lot of people who are happy for us. It would be as if the persons who sent me e-mails are here for the wedding, and I would so love that.
And after the honeymoon, I would be able to send you pictures before they are on Foobonic, if you want me to.
My e-mail adress is in my profile.
Thank you in advance,

Anna [Smile]

[ April 30, 2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Will be happy to. Congratulations. [Party]

[ April 30, 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Alexa ]

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Before the wedding if possible : I wont have much time to look at my mails between the wedding and our departure for the honeymoon. Thanks for the people who e-mailed me !
Anna [Smile]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent.

[Smile]

Congratulations to Darling Anna and her Beloved!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
The e-mail bounced. [Frown]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe... Anna is french.

"an 'atrack favor" (hugs her)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to have JenniK write you in French, even...

Best of luck!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'll surely write you something on your wedding day. But there's a little something more I could do... You know, I'm only... all the France away ! So what do you say if you get at least one Hatracker at your wedding ?! [Wink] That is, if there's no transport strike next week... [Razz]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

(((Corwin)))
It's so nice of you.
I would accept with great joy but it's a long trip and a lot of money just for my wedding, and you wouldn't know anybody, so I guess it wouldn't be reasonable, unless you know someone who could give you shelter on Lille.
Thank you so much anyway ! [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, let's see.

Pros:

* I know someone in Lille, a colleague of mine. I was there one time and stayed at her place; she has a cousin there and slept at his house. So that's ok as long as she agrees. And she really wanted to see me during the holidays, but I didn't return home. So there...
* I'll know somebody else in Lille. [Big Grin] You and your future husband. And...
* I get to meet my first Hatracker. Think of it ! We're going to be a little step closer to official Hatrack existence ! [Wink]
* I get a little vacation. And I really need it ! In October I was in Rouen, for Christmas I returned home, then in February I went to Grenoble. Only for Easter I stayed here. All cool vacations ! So why not making this short one cool too ?
* It would be the first wedding I attend to ! Missed one last summer because of an internship I had to do... It was my favorite uncle's. Stupid internships...

Cons:

* Yeah, it's going to be around 100 euros... So ? I had around 200 committed to my going home for Easter; since that didn't happen, I'm well within the margin. [Smile]
* I won't know anybody there but you. Come to think of it, it could turn to my advantage. Imagine, everybody will wonder who's that... err.. good-looking [Big Grin] guy ? And since no one knows me, I could play some jokes on your BIL and SIL and get away with it ! j/k [Wink]
* Don't have any "wedding" cloths. I could come around dressed casually, if that's not a problem. [Dont Know]

Plus, it will be totally nuts !
I'm half joking, half serious about it. If you wouldn't feel comfortable with it, or have organization problems because of me, don't worry, I'll understand.
So, what do you say ?

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Corwin, that would be great ! Some points from me too :
- You'd be welcome to the religious ceremony and the "Vin d'Honneur" (after the ceremony, there are little things to eat and to drink and that lasts till 7 PM, about), but I cannot invite you to the dinner cause there will be only 50 persons, all family or close friends. [Frown]
- You have to promise me you won't tell anything to or about my IL : if they learn I talked about that on the Internet, they will become nuts and I'll be a dead woman. On the very day of my wedding, that would be too bad ! j/k
- You don't have to worry about your clothes. As long as you don't go with a T-shirt saying "F*** France" it will be fine (no, I DON'T mean you can go with only your underwear [Big Grin] ). If you are in INSA, you must have worked in training periods : the clothes you put on to go to work would probably be fine.
- I think you could have a cool time in Lille. There's really good bier (take care if you are used to American bier, ours makes you drunk faster !), good food, and Lille is European Capitol of Culture this year, which means a lot of expositions and funny manifestations (for exemple, there is a "forest upside down" on the Grand-Place, when you go under it you have the same view as a bird [Smile] ). Your friend in Lille could certainly tell you more about it.
- It would be crazy, true. But I think I would LOVE it. And being half of the way of becoming real is cool !
So, if you're OK with what I told you, e-mail me (I noticed you don't have an e-mail adress in your Hatrack Profile) and I will give you the details.
Cheers,

Anna [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

I just sent the e-mail. In french... Hope you understand it... [Wink]    Wow, this will be fun ! [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
<-----is jealous
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see pictures of your spectacular red dress!
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Bumpidy bump [Smile] BTW, I'll send pictures as soon as possible at the persons who e-mailed me, and to Foobonic. If Foobonic works. I hadn't try to connect since a little time, and today it doesn't seem to work. [Dont Know]

[ May 03, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna, feel free to send them to me at wahra@babylonia.flatirons.org and I'll put them up. I don't check that e-mail a whole lot though so either post it here or e-mail me at the adress I sent you e-mail (and in my profile) and let me know. I'm so excited for you! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 03, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I can't believe it's true : Corwin will go to my wedding ! I willl be wed and half-real the same day ! [Smile]
Yay !
BTW, Corwin, did you have my last e-mails with the details ?

[ May 04, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.