FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We love you Mods!!

Author Topic: We love you Mods!!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a shout out to the moderators and the Cards for paying for, and maintaining my addiction.

I'm sure it's a huge pain in the butt and I appreciate your patience and and willingness to host us.

[Kiss]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Hatrack is a monster and you're kind enough to throw it a steak every morning. We appreciate all you do. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia,

I think gift certificates might be in order.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
It is nice that they keep this place running but at this point do they have much choice? If the forum closed the withdral would destroy many lifes.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
They always have a choice, even though our families could probably press charges and sue for emotional damage if they shut the place down.

It is for this that we thank them. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

One certificate for a trip to the chiropractor for "pains in the neck", one to the masseuse/masseur for "pains in the buttocks"

I'll go halvesies. (conditioned on a reasonable cost for services)

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*chips in for Fallow's certificates*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*adds a couple boxes of chocolates to go with the gift certs*

We luvs our mods! Yes we does! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, we luvs them lots. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*approaches the betting counter at the race track with a fist full of gift certificates and suspiciously chocolate-smudged grin*

Annie/Rivka, I'm gonna hold you to this.

[Evil Laugh]

fallow

rivka
Member # 4859

FALLOW! You go replace those, right now! They weren't for you!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*stares up at the track speakers*

*spits nachos out*

*returns betting buddy's quizzical look with a thumbs up*

-and-

*sets to rummaging in the nearest bin for the empty chocolate box*

rivka
Member # 4859

*glare*
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness Hatrack is back! It's finals week, so what else would I do when I'm procras-I mean, taking a break from studying?

I bet if the mods added a link where people could donate by paypal to keep the site running, they could retire wealthy. Oh, wait! If OSC retires, that means no more books! Bad idea...

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just bought 3 more OSC books yesterday - I realize he doesn't get much per book, but I'm trying to do my share ...

edited to add: sorry, it was actually 6 books - 3 in the Ender series and 3 in the Alvin series.

[ May 07, 2004, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*stares up at the track speakers*
[Confused] What type of lousy track is that? I think most of the horse tracks have TVs now rather than just loud speakers, or at least the ones I know of do.

Maybe it is just a few of them, and maybe you are talking about different animal being raced, I only know about a couple of horse Tracks.

Still, all that aside, I agree, the mods are awsome. [Hat]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a position to provide actual massage credits... It's like printing my own money. [Big Grin]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Marek,

Lemmings. Sure we're not quite up to snuff yet, technologically speaking, but I'm tellin' ya... this is one hot game. Them little critters might be glossy coated, rotund, and run low to the ground, but when they pop out over that cliff? That's some serious bang for your buck.

Well, I bought the pitch anyhow, and they tell me they've got breeders now, so I think the only side to this scheme is up. you want in?

fallow

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, is there a Bull Lee-emming being used for breeding?

If so, I suggest betting on it's offspring.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for the mods!!! We love them indeed.

And I bought the trade paperback of Lovelock in San Francisco. New and everything. [Smile] Which leads to the next comment...

Sequal? sequal, please please please? I loved the book!!!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.