FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 1st post...who knew it would be so nerveracking (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1st post...who knew it would be so nerveracking
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
It's perfectly normal being nervous before posting on a forum filled with a group of strangers that you don't know.

It doesn't make you a big loser at all.

[ May 10, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Elphie, welcome, but don't be misled by all these kind folk. When you least expect it, they'll turn on you. So a word of warning, agree with everything they say and just keep nodding your head. [Monkeys]
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*sneaks up on raia, pokes her in the side, listens to her squeal* Your welcome. [Taunt]

Beyerchic, of course your oppinion will be better after a night full of "Tyler magic" and you can ask almost any of my vict.... any of my past dates about that. [Cool]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I did talk to a vic... past date today, or I think that's what she is. Anyway I am hoping my oppinion will be higher, but doubt it seriously.

Elphie sorry we have done this to your thread, but I don't want to pull up mine

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*sneaks up on raia, pokes her in the side, listens to her squeal*
*THWAP!*

Elphie, when I said he was harmless... I forgot the part where he viciously pokes you in the side all the time. He does this to everyone. Nobody is safe.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Emp melted her with that water...

(unless the name has nothing to do with Wicked, in which case, don't mind me...)

Welcome Elphie! [Wave] I'm doing fine, I'm Jen and I'm in my house. [Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He does this to everyone. Nobody is safe.
Not true, Males are safe (they don't make a squeal)
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
don't worry about the thread..being new, it's just nice to have a thread going, whatever the content

yes Dragon, "Elphie" is from Wicked...she was such a heroine--so different from what i heard growing up and a much better version i think

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Stryker you squeal when poked. I am going to work on the bad toe thing, so forget about pain medicine tommorow
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Um, yeah, Stryker, you do! Sorry, that holds no water. Besides, Elphie's not a male (I'm assuming... please don't kill me if I'm wrong!)
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

you're correct Ralphie, as far as i can tell, I'm female...real name is brandy
Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why it would be nerve-racking. [Dont Know] I think it's a pretty warm social atmosphere here at Hatrack. [Wink]

Well I hope you like here, welcome! [Wave]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you're correct Ralphie, as far as i can tell, I'm female...real name is brandy
Wha?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wha?
You're not fooling anyone, Raia.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm... brandy...
*runs for his liquor cabinet*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

eek..that was meant for Raia, Ralphie...sorry
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wicked is awesome; you're officially cool.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wha?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not fooling anyone, Raia.

I am SO lost... Kama, she meant to say Raia, not Ralphie!

And even so, I'm still lost. [Razz]

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Elphie. See, to me your name brings to mind a glorious sequel combining the casts of "Dante's Peak" and "Deep Impact".
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

how so, pooka, as i have yet to see either one?

I have a really bad aversion to watching ANY kind of violence...almost a phobia really

are either violent?

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] Who is who now?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And even so, I'm still lost
That was the point.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.