FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Meet Xavier! Wisconsin and Utah hatrackers, I will pass right by you :( (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Meet Xavier! Wisconsin and Utah hatrackers, I will pass right by you :(
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay fellas.

I am flying back to NY on Thursday for my brother's second wedding. I am the best man this time, so probably I should go.

Anyway, as those who have been following the Saga Of Phil might remember, I had some legal problems before I left, so my car is still there.

Well the suspensions are long over and done with now, so PROBABLY I can drive back to NY. I am thinking a week in NY would be sufficient, and then am going to start my trek. I could stay longer, could leave sooner, I am not 100% sure.

Anyway, for the second (or third (or forth)) time, I am offering to visit anyone between Upstate NY and San Diego CA if they want me to [Smile] .

Likely I will take Route 80 most of the way, since I am going to stop in Omaha, but I am willing to go out of my way somewhat to see whoever else wants to see me.

I'm sure you are all dying to meet me [Smile] .

Edit: Oh if anyone else suggests cool places and things to visit on my way, this trip really is open ended, so can go see or do them [Smile] .

[ May 20, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I-80? *runs to map*

[Frown] Never mind.

[ May 19, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, nice, dude. I'd suggest swinging a hard right into Chicago -- there's a hell of a lot more Hatrackers in that general vicinity than in the middle of, what, Kansas.

Though there is Kayla down there. And Caleb. And probably a few others.

Still. I say pick up yo ho and head north to the land of deep-dish and corrupt government and Canada.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Yahoo says:

Route to Omaha

Route to San Diego

Now I see that I can either go through salt lake or denver area.

Any Utah or Colorado hatrackers interested?

Oh and yeah Kat that sucks [Frown] . If I were taking the southern route, then Dallas wouldn't have been far at all. Going the southern route while going to Omaha though adds multiple days...

[ May 19, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Er, I'd like to emphasize, not only is Niki not Phil's ho, he's actually her ho. A shameless boy toy he is, who lives only to have his emotions played with by that siren of the Central time zone, Niki.

Ah, but that I had a mast to be strapped to...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I wouldn't do that. And I'm thinking about coming out to SoCal again this summer. When I win the lottery.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, me and Leonide are down in Bethlehem, PA. which is probably an hour or less south of rt 80 a little past the point where you cross over into PA from jersey. We're also close enough to NYC that if you wanted to hang out there we could make the Trek up. You are also welcome to come down here and stay if you'd like.

So let us know.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Well I will be coming from Syracuse NY, so thats actually out of my way. Only like 6 hours out of my way though, so thats not bad at all [Smile] .

That far isn't prohibitive. Plus I have always been jealous of seeing you guys in the NJ get together pics [Smile] .

So I will let you know okay? We can see about getting John or any others in that area to chill too right?

Edit: Yahoo says 4 hours and 38 minutes, and how I drive, make that around 4 hours. So not bad at ALL [Smile] .

[ May 19, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Xavier
Member # 405

My phone number is 315 - 532 - 2009.

In case anyone needs it. Its a cell-phone, so it will be good the whole trip.

Strider
Member # 1807

Well, if you'll be travelling down to get to 80 anyway, then it's not really out of your way, is it? [Razz]

But yeah, let us know when you'll be coming through. And whether you'll want to meet up in the city or come down here. I think John is going away for a few weeks some time in the near future. But if he's around i'm sure we can convince him to come(assuming he can get here or there). As well as whoever else may be around.

When is Frisco back in NY?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Strider, look at the route to Omaha I linked. I would go straight west on I-90 until it meets I-80 in PA.

But even if it is out of the way, I still wanna go [Smile] .

Strider
Member # 1807

oh, whoops. that is out the way.

i take back all those mean things i said about you...oh, right, i didn't say those out loud. Strike that.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*kidnaps Xav and puts him in the basement*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] Damn you, Kama!

*shakes fist*

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*throws Xav some bones*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Kinky.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Chicago -- there's a hell of a lot more Hatrackers in that general vicinity than in the middle of, what, Kansas.

Gee, thanks, Lalo. You really know how to make a person feel important.

Farmgirl (in Kansas)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing Birmingham, Alabama is too far out of your way? [Frown] Too bad! It would be great to see you.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Why doesn't anyone ever travel through Canada? Isn't anyone interested in, say, going to the North Pole to stage a huge protest to stop the, uh, Alaskans from eating all the endangered seals? Or something? [Dont Know]
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwan
Member # 6194

- posted      Profile for gwan   Email gwan         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Polio, somebody come to canada, and shoot seals with me.. [Laugh]
Posts: 197 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I live only 15 miles south of I-80....

In nothern CA. [Frown] What would a whole day out of your way...

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
My polar bear's leg is sprained; mind if I use one of yours on the hunt? [ROFL]
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only about an hour north of Des Moines. But Des Moines is only a few hours from Omaha, so I'm guessing you won't be wanting to stop there. [Wink]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i had a chance to meet phil. i chose not to.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

[Frown]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Is IN out of your way?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

It looks like I will be driving through the top of Indiana in my optimal route [Smile] . How far south from I-80 are you?
Raia
Member # 4700

*looks at Yahoo! maps*

*turns computer upside-down to look better*

I'm worthless at reading maps. How far is I-80 from Bloomington?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, we're quite a bit south if you're cutting through the top part of the state. Bloomington is about an hour south of Indianapolis, which is smack dab in the middle.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Well...

It really wouldn't be too hard to swing down then eventually go back north. I will have a thousand miles to do it in [Smile] .

The thing is, if I am visiting the WI clump, would not be able to do both.

No one from WI has expressed an interest in seeing me so far however.

Xavier
Member # 405

Oh and I want to visit Dana too [Smile] .

I had to talk to Val first. If I manage to time my presense in your neck of the woods on a weekend, Val says she would love to drive to meet us at your place [Smile] .

We'll have to see. If its not a weekend, will need to call Val and see what she thinks.

Timing is hard to determine right now.

Raia
Member # 4700

Ooooh! I would love to meet both you and Val! [Big Grin]
Xavier
Member # 405

Hmmmm.

Well, sorry for the misunderstanding, but I meant she'd be willing to drive to dkw's place.

I doubt she would drive 15+ hours to visit you in a weekend [Wink] .

But, I am sure she would LOVE to see you [Frown] .

Coming to ChicagoCon by any chance?

Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, my mistake! Duh, Raia... [Wall Bash]

No, I can't come to KamaCon... I'll be in Israel already. [Frown]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, Raia will have abandoned us for Israel by the time KamaCon comes around. [Frown]

[edit: stupid dial-up [Razz] ]

[ May 19, 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, val is going to kamacon too? maybe I should have considered trying to go. [Dont Know]

Oh well, probably couldn't have gone anyway.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

She is going to TRY to go to Kamacon, cause both of us want to go.

Can't say whether she will or won't.

Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, rivka, I have dial-up too! [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I see how this works! Val going would get you there, Marek, but me being there doesn't?

*sulks*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

*feels special*

Yeah, ticket prices are reasonable, but come on...Chicago, I'm going to want to shop and stuff....

*pat pat* rivka

[ May 19, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I WANT TO MEET YOU PEOPLE! [Frown]
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka: [Blushing]

nothing personal, but it is sort of out of line of me to ask my parents to let me go to KamaCon, much less help with finances etc., so it is more of that if Val, you, Kama, and several others going it might have been worth trying to go.

Of course as I said it is probably pointless since I probably counldn't go anyway.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

I edited the title, cause I refuse to believe that NO ONE from the Utah or Wisconsin clump will want me to visit. [Cry]
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
What are your trip dates?
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Not sure yet. I need to go through the process of getting my license back, plates, and insurance before I can make the drive.

I have estimated that between my bro's wedding, seeing my friends, and getting my legal stuff taken care of, a week sounds good.

At most I will want to be in NY 2 weeks, but I am shooting for one before I start my trip. So one week from tomorrow. I may stay that weekend in NY depending on what my friends are up to.

How long I drive back is up to how many people I visit on the way [Smile] . Hopefully lots!

Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in California by then, darnit. But I don't think you should edit Utah out of your plans. That's a good way to bump the thread and get everyone's attention, though [Smile]
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Oh I don't [Smile] .

I've been to Utah a few times, and its a beautiful place. Maybe I will spend a day playing around Salt Lake even if the 20+ Utahns don't want to see me [Grumble] .

And as Val pointed out just now, I think I need to mention that most likely I will be spending more than just one or two days in Omaha [Wink] .

[ May 20, 2004, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Heh. One or two days? Try 1-2 weeks.

*beats Kama off Phil with a stick*

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's safe to say that the ENTIRE Wisconsin clump would love to see you.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I-80 is in my backyard (almost literally!) We have to do lunch, or anything!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.