FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Meet Xavier! Wisconsin and Utah hatrackers, I will pass right by you :( (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Meet Xavier! Wisconsin and Utah hatrackers, I will pass right by you :(
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wisconsin clump could also come down to the Chicago area and conglomerate at my house, they have before. It would be 2 hours for them and 1 hour for you.

Whatever you do, don't go through Chicago on I-80/94 at rush hour because it is awful due to construction.

Actually it might be easier for you to take I-88 if you wish to head north in IL or go to Wisconsin, and then zag back down to I-80.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's where the memory of I-80 came from. I read that and thought, "That goes right through Dallas!"

No, no, it doesn't. It goes right through Salt Lake City. *very jealous of all involved*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Hey thanks guys.

Josh, I knew how close you were to I-80, which is partly why I changed the title [Big Grin] . I was telling Niki how I have been in your area a few times and still hadn't met you, and she suggested I change the title so you might have a better chance of seeing it.

Tom and BannaOj: Thats great! Whatever we do would be awesome, as long as I get to meet you folks.

Okay, well I am packing, and leaving for NY soon.

I'm glad you guys saw this before I left, though its not going to be "too late" to set something up for a while yet, since I am going to be chilling in NY for a little bit.

I haven't asked her yet, but I'm sure Niki can be my go between for more responses here, as I am not going to be near a computer for most of my trip I would say. She will be in contact with me by phone the whole time I am gone. I will also check my email and try to get back here, but its not going to be every day.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
We're going to need to know which days you're going to be in the area, Xav. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

And preferably evenings or weekends, since most of us are employed.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
As the second WI clump representative, I will agree with Tom and say we'd love to meet you. We just need to know when. Coordinating our schedules has proven notoriously difficult...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to Detroit! Er.. nevermind... *sniff*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I am so glad you did.

Well, let me know what day, and we can do it anytime. Yay! [Smile]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Telperion, I was in Detroit in February, but it was before I knew you online. But with my work, there is a decent chance that I'll be out there again some time.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I'll be the go between and I'll probably bump this thread when Xavier gets closer to leaving NY (at least a week, but most likely 2 weeks.)

Anyone in upstate NY?

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! Xav, if you go to Chicago, I might be able to come visit!!!!! GO TO CHICAGO!!!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Raia: according to his map, he will be passing through Chicago and I know he'd love to meet you (but [Frown] I wanted to meet you too).

Telperion: Isn't Chicago within driving distance from Detroit? [Dont Know]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Va-al! Come to Chicago TOO! I want to meet you so badly!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

But.. but.. if I go to Chicago I most likely won't have enough money to go to see Xavier and the rest of the Shindaites in SoCal..

[ May 20, 2004, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Pshhht, SoCal!!

Come to Chicago... come on, I'LL be there! [Wink] (hopefully)

rivka
Member # 4859

[Taunt]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

rivka darling, YOU should come to Chicago as well! [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

I am!
Raia
Member # 4700

Not KamaCon, XavierCon! [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Let's see if I have this right. I've met Xav, Val is coming out soon (and maybe she'll even decide on a date for said trip at some point), and I'll be in Chicago this summer.

So what's the attraction of me coming in June? [Wink]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you won't take every oppertunity you can to meet up with cool people? gah.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

[Cool]
rivka
Member # 4859

Definitely. It's the expense that's the problem.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Ok, here's how it will probably be for me:

Chicago: I won't be visiting there at the same time as Phil.

Shinda: I will be coming there before the summer is out, no question.

ChicagoCon: I will try my hardest to make it but most likely won't unless I get monetary donations in my paypal account (user name: valentine014) [Razz]

I'm sorry, Raia, but you understand, right? [Frown]

But, I have extended an offer to Zevlag to come visit me in Omaha (whom I think might actually take me up on my offer [Smile] ) and of course that offer is open to you (before and after you get back from Israel).

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Val,

how are things in Omaha?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Just fine, fallow. A little humid, I didn't expect that to start up so soon, spring did manage to last a total of 1 1/2 weeks, 6 days longer than last year, new job is going great, and looking forward to seeing ma honey again in a few weeks.

Thank you for asking.

And how are things in.....*checks profile*...Santa Barbara?

[ May 21, 2004, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

fallow
Member # 6268

quote:
Thank you for asking.

No prob. Haven't been back there in a while. Little curious. Drastic plastic still in business?

quote:
And how are things in.....*checks profile*...Santa Barbara?

At utopic as ever, so I hear. Things are pretty comfortable in santa monica, as well.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Drastic Plastic, you say?! Why, yes fallow, it is. Still going strong and still run by a bunch of emos with no personalities whatsoever. But, damn, still a great store.

When were you here?

fallow
Member # 6268

are you kidding me?! It's still in business?
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Yeah, I wonder, "How" each time I go in there. How can they stay in business?

*buys $30 Ramones t-shirt, a Tool sticker and a Scar Face giant poster*

Oh. I think I see now.

[ May 23, 2004, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

fallow
Member # 6268

Val,

I'm shocked at that kind of longevity for a business of any sort.

anyhoo, are the caniglias' still stuffing the family well past their waistlines?

fallow

edit: slurps spaghetti side-dish

[ May 21, 2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

fallow
Member # 6268

val?
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Let's see if I have this right. I've met Xav, Val is coming out soon (and maybe she'll even decide on a date for said trip at some point), and I'll be in Chicago this summer.

So what's the attraction of me coming in June?

ME!!!!! DUH!!!!! [Razz]

And Val, yes, I understand... *sighs*

rivka
Member # 4859

But, Raia, I'm going to see YOU in Israel, I hope. [Smile]
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Sorry, fallow. Had to go to bed. Yes, Caniglia's is still serving it up - YUM!

But, I ask you once more-when were you in Omaha? Did you live here long?

[ May 23, 2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

fallow
Member # 6268

val,

quote:
But, I ask you once more-when were you in Omaha? Did you live here long?
who's asking? sorry to be so formal, but you strike me as something of a faux midwesterner troll.

*purses lips*

eh?

fallow

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Hey! Hear that Phil, rivka. I got called a troll! And a fake one at that! Wow, that is a Hatrack first for me.
fallow
Member # 6268

There's a first time for everything, heartland faker.

fallow

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. It's like a pot calling a canary black.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]

Hmm, I've agreed with Tom twice in the same hour . . . [Angst]

fallow
Member # 6268

peep!

chirp! chirp! chirp!

rivka
Member # 4859

fallow, hon, you ain't the canary.
fallow
Member # 6268

*raises canary eyebrow*

I ain't?!

but it says so right here!

*jabs um... middle flight feather?... at page"

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, Xavier, of course I would love to meet you. It was the "I will pass right by you" followed by a frowny face that made me think "Shucks, he's going right by and can't stop (maybe he's flying over us on a plane?). Too bad."
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

CT, where exactly do you live? Your profile is lacking this important information.

Phil will go nuts when I tell him you want to meet him. [Wink]

[ May 23, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys!

Yes I would love to meet you CT [Smile] .

And no, I won't be passing by [Big Grin] .

Anyway, fallow, leave my threads and never come back.

And Val, sorry I haven't called you. My phone is totally dead and I need to get my charger back from Sarah. I am staying at Brandon's now for a couple days now prally.

Oh and guys, the legal assistant says the court faxed her the proof that I paid the ticket, so tomorrow when I go to the DMV, things should go okay for getting my license back.

The problem is I also left my title in CA [Frown] . So I need to see what that means as far as me getting my car registered for the plates. They keep titles on record right?

Hope to see you all soon [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

You guys CT and Tom D live in close to the same location. Madison, Wisconsin is the major city... The question is will you stop by Chicago too or not?

AJ

Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
But, Raia, I'm going to see YOU in Israel, I hope. [Smile]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bounce*

You actually mean that?! [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

Absolutely. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.