FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Famous by 30 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Famous by 30
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan's post reminded me of that movie "Pay it Forward." Such a great film with such a positive message...even though it's a tear-jerker.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a big believer that the best way I can make a difference in the world is through my family and children. I don't have to be rich nor famous for that.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What are these things that you can no longer accomplish?
Be famous by the time you are 30. Seriously tho, the "things" I am talking about are stuff like what am I going to do by a certain age. Before I am married I would like to go sky-diving. I never did it. Sure, I can do it now, but it is not worth the risk. I would love to travel the world by myself. I did that to a small degree, but now I choose to think about family first. Every choice you make, no matter how good, closes as many doors as it opens.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never wanted to be famous. But with all my heart, I yearn to make a difference for the better.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Alexa, much worse than that, actually. to choose one thing is to reject almost everything else.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. As you get older, you have made more choices, so you have excluded more opportunities. You start to see people more young then you who have been very succesful--growls at Frankie Munez.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Had to add this example of an older unknown&untrained soon likely to become famous&rich for inventing a handcream that kills antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

[ June 25, 2004, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.