FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrackers you like but have never chatted with (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrackers you like but have never chatted with
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
We all have those hatrackers that we're intrigued with, but have never talked to - 'fess up.

Mine is *dramatic pause* Jenny Gardner. Darn it, I just like her, even though I've never chatted with her. Her posts are always cool, and she seems to be a very sweet person. I always picture us discussing Walt Whitman and Thoreau.

So who is yours?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
She's very sweet unless commanding the attention and obedience of a group or wielding a fencing foil.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Katharina. Xavier met her at the last Shinda and said she was really cool.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, and Synth mainly come to mind, but there are others.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
There are hatrackers you've never chatted with? [Eek!]

[Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'd have to say any of ya. I haven't made an effort to register for aol and subsequently haven't chatted with anyone. I can honestly say I would not exclude anyone of you from my list of those that I would enjoy knowing better.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

www.aim.com

Don't have to register for AOL.

<--works for AOL.

ALTHOUGH, I recommend trillian.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Well apparently I have an old account still active. How do I find the hatrack contingent? My screenname is punwit1961
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never chatted with OSC. He seems kind of interesting.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
punwit: add yourself to your buddy list and invite yourself to "Hatrack Chat".
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much everyone I've ever chatted with on Hatrack! I want to meet ALL of you!

Come visit me in Israel next year!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Space opera and I've officially chatted with her. Doing it right now. Yea!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've ever chatted with Tom Davidson or Chris Bridges. I imagine a conversation with either could yield interesting things.

There are two problems with chatting with people from Hatrack. The first is that there are many otherwise engaging people who are not always able to give you their undivided attention during an IM conversation. I do the same thing (so I understand it's not due to disrespect), but conversations of any depth need the participants to be equally engaged.

The other problem is that I rarely have time to just "chat" with my good friends, much less with people that I barely know. It's not for lack of interest that I don't post on Hatrack much.

Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll catch me sometime, Space Opera. 'Specially if you flatter me like that! [Blushing]

I tend to be a very irregular visitor to chat, dropping in when I've had a rather insomniac night. But put me on your AIM if you have one, and try to snag me.

I'm not as witty in chat as I am in posting, but I hope we can meet in person sometime. I am always looking for new playmates! Particularly if they're from Hatrack!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously, I'm a newbie, 'cause I want to chat with Bob Scopatz...most posts I've read of his are hilairious, thought provoking...etc.

Also, beatnix19, the whole teacher thing is interesting.

Everyone here seems to be pretty interesting, actually, and I would love to chat with all.

Question: Is is odd to post a newbie thread about yourself in order to allow Hatrackers to get a feel for you, rather than allow to chance those happenstance meetings in some random thread?

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in chat now

space opera

and you didn't include your AIM...uh-huh...hiding from me

[ May 24, 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Oh, also BannaOJ. Totally need to talk to her more often.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
CT
Bob_Scopatz
Dan_Raven
Eruve

I know there are more, but I'm blanking. [Wall Bash] And there are LOTS of jatraqueros with whom I've chatted once or twice, and would love to again.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's quite normal to post a newbie thread, and you get a lot more attention if you do!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

wicked, wicked Jenny

space opera

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Jengardener

That's all you need to know. I'm on under my Jenny name right now. Ping me.

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Ping*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Ouch, Hobbes!
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was thinking of the sound rubber bands make, too, Hobbes.

And if there are any Hatrackers with AIM that I haven't chatted with, there's a problem.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

I have realized my dream. But now I'm slightly concerned that Jenny thinks I'm stalking her.

space opera

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Pong*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jenny!

Hopefully I'll be talking to more of you soon! [Big Grin]

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
katharina and dkw, even though I don't think dkw has AIM
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie. No reason needed. ;-)
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to chat with some more of my single gal pals here...Kat, AJ, Mack (some more), dkw, fiazko etc....

I have some very cool people on my Livejournal, I've chatted with and met in person some other VERY cool people too...so I'm not doing too bad. There are so many more nifty people that I've yet to chat with and meet. Makes life interesting!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on AIM...feel free to IM.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also on AIM pretty much everyday. You can find me in hatrack chat. [Smile]

NickMayo2

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
nobody chats with me anymore. [Frown]
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I would, if I knew your AIM. [Smile]

What is it?

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

its on my profile
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

SfcMe
tt&t
Member # 5600

David, dude, no one chats with you cos you're NEVER ON! [Roll Eyes]

And then there's the matter of the eyebrows. I mean really. [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, I'd love to chat as well, but I'm only online at work, and I'm lucky I can get to Hatrack. Feel free to email me anytime, though (that goes for everyone). Just make sure you put something obvious in the subject line so I don't delete it with the junk.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Kaio! You lie! And I have proof!

[Razz]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
CT
Bob_Scopatz
TomDavidson

Well, really not so much chat as pick their brains...

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, Jen, dkw and Bob, Tom and Christy. I don't even have those guys on my AIM buddy list. I have Icarus, Rivka, Kat and Papa Moose on my aim buddy list but hardly ever get a chance to talk to them.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, NOW - after reading this -- I want to chat with punwit.

Because I've already learned he's from Kansas (as I am) and his AIM screen name of punwit1961 - shows the year I was born as well.

Curious -- maybe punwit is really my alter-ego.
(Except I'm really bad at puns)

Hmmm.. I've already talked with TomD in real life, as well as a few of my other favorites. So -- probably I would have to say I would like to chat with Taalcon (have I already?) or CT.

The trouble is -- sometimes I forget over in Chat, who is who, since it is different screen names. So I may have already talked to some and don't remember which ones I have.

Farmgirl

AIM - Pribb2

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Farmgirl I'll try to holler atcha the next time I'm on. Usually have time between 4:30 and 7:00 and then between 8:00 and 10:00. I'd love to chat with you as well. Scary night last night. We sat in the basement for about an hour with the sirens going off.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You must be farther north & east of me, then punwit. I just watched the pretty thunderheads from the backside.

Trouble is, I'm rarely on chat in the evenings -- I am usually on it here at work (7:30 am to 4:30) But I will try to make it a point to sign on at home sometime to see if you're there.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, people want to talk with me! Most of the time I'm the one starting an AIM conversation it seems. My screen name is BannaOj (nice and simple [Wink] ) And I'm often on in the late evenings like between 9:30 and 11:30pm Central Standard time. I tend to be bad about remembering to put up away messages though so if you don't hear from me don't get discouraged. I'll wander back to the computer eventually. Also if I'm on after 11:30pm at night you need to flog me, because if I throw off my sleep schedule (as far as too little sleep goes) it takes me days to recover.

And I just took a person off my "like but never chatted with list" last night. That person is none other than Bob the Lawyer!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
You sure haven't been on when I've wanted to talk to you lately, AJ. [Wink]

[ May 25, 2004, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I got AIM working (finally).

How do I get on to the Hatrack chat? Is there such a thing?

My AIM name is mechanicalman3K.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Add yourself to your buddy list. Then Invite yourself to a chat, and rename the chat room Hatrack Chat.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Banna did indeed talk to me last night, and she enjoyed every minute of it, might I add. Ok, so I couldn't compete with I certain someone's organic homework and she stopped at like, 11:30 on the dot so I wasn't cool enough to stay up late for. All that aside I'm sure I changed her life.

As for me, I'm sure that I'm cool enough that all cool people will naturally be attracted to me. Hense I don't feel the need to start conversations nor post names on this thread to make people feel better about themselves. I'm cool, thus those who talk to me must be cool. Case in point, Banna.

Bob Cool Lawyer

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What about those who've already chatted with you, Bobble?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.