FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Baby Davidson countdown (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Baby Davidson countdown
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*cough

Not that I'm, like, recommending anything or anything. As if I would be so bold, sitting here all lonely and all, waiting for m-- , er, the baby.

[Wink]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* All points taken into consideration. Doc estimates the wee bairn at 7+ lbs and so is a bit nervous at me going too close to 42 weeks just because of pure size. I have an appointment on Friday to discuss induction. [Frown] I think she's hoping to stress me/baby out enough that I'll worry myself into labor. I've been too happy and comfortable. *laugh* I am 2cm dialated and -1 station, though, which is improved from last week. I cleaned all day at work today and after my doctors appointment. Major nesting going on here. [Smile]

----
Warning: Too much information! Read at your own risk.
----

Tried the breast pump and manual expression today for stimulation and because I've been curious. Gosh did I feel very inadequate! The funny thing was that Tom had more of a feel for manual expression than I did! I think reading about it actually hindered rather than helped me. I kept telling him that wasn't how they described it in the book! I felt a bit more comfortable, though, after some practice.
----
*pledges to call CT every time I wake up to go to the bathroom at night* I dreamed last night that I could see her little face through the skin on my stomach and was showing everyone. [Smile]

No guns, as few drugs as I can...

*giggle* Tom plans to bring the laptop, but we'll leave the official posting up to CT just in case.

Hrm...haven't heard of the ankle massage. Might give that a try [Smile] As for inconveniencing myself, I think I've been good enough to stop just before exhaustion and so all the activity I've had hasn't really done anything for me. My doctor keeps congratulating me, though, for being so active and looking so good.

*pokes CT back again*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(Yea! I get to be the official poster!

*does the official-poster dance )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, I didn't know you could break-dance.... [Taunt]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Hey, I didn't say I could do it well.

[Wink]

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, Christy! Still no baby? Come on, let's get moving! [Wink]

Also, thank you so much for going to the fire station to get your seat checked out. [Smile] Remember to keep the harness snug, no more than a finger should be able to fit between her collar bone and the strap, and keep the retainer clip at armpit level. Also, every once in a while, check the tightness of the seat - it shouldn't be able to move more than an inch at the belt path (where the seat belt goes through the car seat). And keep an eye on the angle of the back of the seat - as close to 45 degrees as possible. If you see that it's tipping, bring it back in to have it adjusted. Or, you know, call me, and we'll come up to see you all and fix the seat in the meantime. [Big Grin] Any excuse, right?

I can hardly wait to meet little Baby Davidson! I hope she comes soon! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Was that just....The Worm????? [Eek!]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
::delurks::

::reserves this spot for the party smiley::

::lurk::

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

*sigh* Still no baby? I can't take the tension!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's got to be really stressful, not knowing whether she's had the baby or not. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

[Razz]
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tom, try to have some empathy for others!

It's not like you've got anything to be preoccupied with of your own. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Christy has this perfectly magical figure. From behind, she's just a tiny slip of a thing with her legs a little broad-stanced (as if she's itchin' for a fight). From the side you see this precise curving egg of a belly, dropped low to her hips, rounded and graceful. From the front, she's all smiles and soft fluffy hair and big pretty eyes.

I'm torn. I want to play with the baby, but I kinda think perfection shouldn't be messed with. [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.