FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Today is mackillian's day (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Today is mackillian's day
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
So, congrats Jamie. We'll be thinking of you today.

[Party]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

I'll be the guy peeking in from outside the Temple, waving.

If they immerse you, don't breath under there.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

Bob, she won't be baptised in the Temple. And immersion is imminent.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<hands Mack a snorkle>
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Jamie!! I'm so SO excited! I mean, really, annoyingly excited!! [Wink]

Here's to a great day and a wonderful girl!!

[Kiss]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

That's not a wave, Mac. That's me raising my hand along with all the members of your hatrack track ward to sustain you as our newest member and welcome you to the fold.

[ May 29, 2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] I am very happy for you. What a wonderful day for you! I'll be thinking of you too.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Jamie!!!!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's not a wave, Mac.
It's a good thing you added the rest. I thought you were flipping her off, happily.

And congrats again, mack.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Congratulations, mack. [Party]

edited for spelling

[ May 29, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you, Mack!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
<beam>
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Wave] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

What goes on at a baptism?
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear it's far easier to eat your first baby if you use copious amounts of barbecue sauce.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie: That's false.

The first baby flesh one eats must be roasted, with no spice, only kosher salt.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott is exaggerating. It is tradition to devour plain-roasted, kosher-salted babies the first time around. But it's not required.

Really, lots of BBQ sauce is only necessary if it ain't cooked right.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm pretty sure that the Church Handbook of Instructions says that you have to serve it with funeral potatoes and jello salad.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
There was no jello at the shindig after the baptism.

I'm so disappointed.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
How could there not be jello? there should be jello. *makes jello in celebration*
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack: what does a wet o_O look like?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Same, cept with water droplets and squinty eyes.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*squints*

that you, mack?

*snorts*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

there should have been cookies after the baptism - that's the custom in our ward. It's too hard to eat Jello with your fingers.

Edited for clarity.

[ May 30, 2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*waits for chopsticks*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

eating Jello with chopsticks ... that's the new diet fad
fallow
Member # 6268

longer learning curve. better habits. fewer lawsuits.

[Smile]

fallow

Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
What about a wet --|--?
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Jon Boy-- It's so obvious how the influence of materialism has corrupted the Church in the west.

Brigham Young warned about your type of liberal attitude creeping into the church. Next you'll be saying that we needn't bring live goats to the temple for sacrifice-- just stop off at Albertson's for some rack of lamb, toss it on the alter as you walk by singing, 'Oops, I Did It Again.'

Here in the East (you know, where Zion will be built, once you Westerners get your heads out of your Amway training manuals) we do things the way that God intended. Baby on spit, slow roasting, kosher salt ONLY.

Next thing you know, you'll be calling yourselves Mormon Universlists, and holding folk song singouts in the cultural hall.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
". . . only kosher salt."

After all, you know we got some of our practices from the Jews.

By the way, congrats Mack.

[ May 30, 2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Occasional ]

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Although we certainly do NOT cook babies before eating them. They are best fresh.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Mack! Whoo-wee this month went by fast. When I saw the topic it took me a split second to remember why it was your day. (Not that everyday shouldn't be a Mack Day.) Hope the water wasn't too cold.

/taking notes

I guess the kosher salt is to enhance the natural sweetness of the baby. Makes sense.

/end taking notes

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Mack!

[Party]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a bit belated, but I just wanted to add my congratulations. [Smile]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Not that everyday shouldn't be a Mack Day.)
I think this is the first time I've associated mack's nick name with slang for making out. At least, in my sociolinguistic study of high school students that seemed to be what it meant.

So did they get you all immersed in one try?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Here in the East (you know, where Zion will be built, once you Westerners get your heads out of your Amway training manuals) we do things the way that God intended.
Scott, I'm not saying that I'm better than you just because my ancestors actually followed the commandment to move west . . .

Oh, wait. Yes I am.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you Mormons were normal enough folk. You have one hellofa Christmas lights exhibition every winter at Smith's birthplace, which isn't very Vermonter-ly, but we're a tolerant folk. But eating babies!? With salt, even?! I'm distressed and amazed at once at the savagery. Babies are not for eating!

Congrats, Mack. You've been inducted into an order of very nice people (at least that's what they tell me). Good luck with whatever church duties you might be subject to (and of which I am mostly-ignorant).

Well... it's late. I think I'm going to hit the fridge and grab one of those oh-so-tasty kitten yogurt snacks before bed. 'night all.

[ May 31, 2004, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it contain kittens or is it cultured cat milk? This reminds me of someone I'm related to who buys videos based on the cover. Movies she has not seen. Such as "Meet the Parents."

So as not to totally derail here, congrats, Mack!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Hapy Birthday mack. (Sorry I'm really late, but I was kinda laid up. [Wink] )
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

And may you and your ancestors ever remain in Utah, Jon Boy!
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
But Scott, that means I have to stay here too. [Grumble]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

HAha.

Email me if you want photos, guys.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Just saw the photos! Excellent!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
And may you and your ancestors ever remain in Utah, Jon Boy!
NOOOOOOOOO!!

*rends clothing*
*pours ashes on head*

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Mack! Did you get to go to the big, controversial temple for the ceremony? (The one they are building or built in Central Mass.?)
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Baptisms aren't done in the temple, and I think new members have to wait at least a year to get a temple recommend (but I'm not positive about that).
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Babies are not for eating!
What else could they possibly be for?
They sure can't cook and clean worth a damn.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.