FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Compliment Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Compliment Thread
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeniwren is kind, funny, and has a great family.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes gives very thoughtful gifts.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
celia has an uncapitalized username that ends with a two-digit number, the hallmarks of a truly great human being.

She is also one of my personal favorite Hatrackers of all time.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon75 is so cool that he almost makes me want to like sandwiches.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone is very funny, in a subtle and clever kind of way.

And she's really pretty.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
imogen is one of a select few people who have used a smiley in a capacity that has made me laugh. I almost miss the angry face at the end of every one of your posts.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
It’s hard to say what I like best about Bob the Lawyer. Some might say it’s his wicked sense of humour that walks a fine line between totally inappropriate and completely, utterly and absolutely inappropriate. Others might point to his keen intellect, his dashing good looks, his quickness of wit or his calm demeanour. The ladies might be eager to say it’s his raw sexuality that’s so overpowering he’s forced to communicate with them online lest they find themselves rending his clothes to get to his sweet, sweet manflesh that they love best. Some men might say the very same thing.

In fact, the only downside to Bob the Lawyer is his sheer awesomtude points out the glaring flaws in a language that cannot properly capture his wicked-super-clever-hot self.

Hats off to you, Bobble. We salute you!

*salute*

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob the Lawyer, though being so bizzare as to call himself a lawyer, has a kind way of posting. Very few of his posts have been sharp, and that really says something about his character.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Bob's complete lack of humility. [Hat]

Oh! And the humor - that's pretty good, too.

Edited:

Dang it, Phanto! You beat me to the post! I compliment your speedy and professional typing skills.

[ June 11, 2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Shan is hot, hilarious, has good taste in trucks, a wonderful sense of humor...and really good taste in music. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Cecily is a cheerful person, who continuously cares about others and is good at making friends.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Nate is fun-loving and good natured, as well as intelligent.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes is just so dang cheerful he can't help but make me feel better when I see his posts.

imogen [Mad]

(for old time's sakes)

[ June 11, 2004, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen is wonderful, and she knows that chocolate makes many things better. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka is gracious; her posts _OOZE_ graciousness. When provided two paths, one sincere, and one flippant, she always picks sincere (though I think she may have an agreement with Ralphie to make all her flippant remarks for her [Wink] ).

I enjoy her conversation, and could only hope the world has many more of her type. Oh, and I kinda want a snood now.

[Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Bok sure knows how to compliment someone. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna speaks two languages fluently and lives in France, how cool is that?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Teshi takes special pride in self-control, in not letting her guard down. When she argues, she refrains from yelling and keeps alway from melodrama.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
Phanto is thoughtful and sincere in all of his (her? yipes!) posts and I admire him (her?!) greatly, even if I'm a dork who can't ascertain his (her?!) gender.

(I'm Annie, by the way.)

Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Professor Funk has the coolest name. Love it.

Annie is nice as well.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie Rocks. My. World. She is beautiful, smart, funny, and always has a kind word for everyone! [Kiss] She also sometimes helps me practice my French!

(edit: GAH! Beaten!)

[ June 11, 2004, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy is a sweetheart and I missed her while she was gone. I'm glad to see you back! [Smile]

EDIT: And Raia is also a sweetheart, always there with a kind word.

[ June 11, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

God Bless Ophelia. She always misses me.

[Kiss]

What a sweetie.

Ditto the Raia comment. [Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay people...I wouldn't want to kill this thread. Let me make it easier on you.

Pretend Bob_Scopatz posted last.

Now, GO!

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy is cool beyond words, and the fact that she's back gives me reason to hope for Hatrack.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus is a thoughtful person with no fear of stating his own opinion.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are too kind. [Kiss]

Elizabeth is one of the most kind-hearted people I can think of, ALWAYS caring for others.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Raia is a sweetheart and generous with her hugs and good cheer!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Naria is a great choir director. Great.

Let me rephrase: GREAT.

Hobbes [Smile]

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
( i find it suspicious that almost everyone that was just complimented posts immediately after to say thank you and then return the compliment. are they gracious and giving or just dying for more validation?)
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
porce is clever and quick and nothing escapes her attention.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan is a great mother and her son is adorable.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei stands out in my mind as pretty smart, even for Hatrack.

:Stoically awaits the death of the thread:

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
pooka thinks for herself. That in itself is remarkable, but what's even more extraordinary is that she shines in this quality even at Hatrack.

You never know quite what to expect from pooka, which makes her all the more interesting. [Hat]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
CT likes Buffy and Leonard Cohen. More importantly, she is wise and compassionate and generous.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Dagonee is always willing to play devil's advocate, even if it's unpopular, to make sure that an issue is fully fleshed out.

He really cares about the quailty of advice given out here at hatrack.com, and is willing to sacrifice himself to achieve it.

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
As a newbie I'm still fleshing out the different posters characteristics, at least as much as possible on a message board but I think I can manage a compliment for Phanto.

Phanto, I truly enjoy your music analysis threads. I find them entertaining and informative. Thanks

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
As a fellow newbie, punwit, I know where you're coming from and I wanted to post on this thread long ago but didn't feel I knew anyone well enough for even a general "you're... nice" compliment. But I read the "Thanks for the Compliment" thread and I thought it was incredibly sweet of you to continue your compliments there (even if it was STRICTLY FORBIDDEN [No No] ) You are very good-hearted and genuine.

Now: *fears she will be the last poster since no one knows her* [Angst]

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Polio, you're new here, but I'm sure we will soon like you very much. [Kiss]
Hobbes's posts are very clever and interesting even for those who don't like the Tour de France.

[ June 13, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Just to add one on for Polio, she's cool a) because she immediately gave away her gender so we wouldn't have to feel stupid when one of us inevitably guessed it wrong! b) she sees good things in people and tells them about it c) she posts on hatrack which means she's SMRT!! [Smile]

Anna is a hatrack junkie with a french accent that we all dearly love because she's got a great sense of humor!

BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
As an even newer newbie than a couple who've posted above, I've been reading this thread and avoiding posting, but here goes anyway...

Narnia obviously has good taste in fiction to be posting on an OSC site and to have the screen name she does.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
BlueJacsFan is courageous enough to have posted on here, to have risked being a Dreaded Thread Killer on the worst possible thread to kill, all for the sake of wanting to give a compliment.

Admirable.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to thank FoolishTook for making me feel good by lumping me together with one of my favorite posts a few weeks ago. He was very gracious in his compliments.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Porter is very cool. I'm not even going to qualify that with "for an engineer." He's just that cool.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia is scathingly smart and scathingly funny... two qualities that rarely coincide.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
That was me, by the way. It's about time to un-pseudonym myself.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, using any handle, is one of my favorite people on Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka is wise beyond her years and has proven herself a great listener and generous with hugs. [Smile]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

When Zevlag was in distress (though for odd reasons), Valentine014 did her best to aid and give good advice.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.