FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Holy crap, I feel old. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holy crap, I feel old.
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
And doesn't Madonna turn 46 this year? What's the average age of the members of U2 or even Metallica?
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Johnny Depp is 41! Age isn't hurting that man at all.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is wrong with you people?? 40 is not old!! And that's coming from a teenager!
of course you're a teenager. you're in the safety zone. you may change your mind when your 23rd birthday is around the corner. especially if you haven't got your danged degree yet.
i remember a conversation with ralphie from years ago that i definitely empathize with now.
23? that's almost 25. 25 is halfway to 30, and when you're 30 oh my gosh just pull the plug.
i am already 23, but i think i am much harder on myself about feeling old and having not accomplished anything, while at the same time i see people i admire and they are in their late thirties through late sixties, and i think they are doing great.
maybe if i actually do something i want to do before i am thirty i'll be okay.

a lot of older guys are extremely attractive. especially if they are talented and intelligent. viggo mortensen? i'd push him around in a wheelchair any day.
i still have a thing for ben kingsley and ian mckellen, i am quite certain i'd become a blushing foot shuffling idiot around them.

[ June 11, 2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: porcelain girl ]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a grandfather who, upon the death of my grandmother, remarried at age 63 and fathered three children.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
of course you're a teenager. you're in the safety zone. you may change your mind when your 23rd birthday is around the corner. especially if you haven't got your danged degree yet.
I didn't. But maybe I'm just not normal. [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was 22 and fresh out of college, the idea of dating a 27 year-old was freaky. Now the idea of dating a 22 year-old is freaky. I'm 25. I'm nowhere near my prime, but the idea that I remember things from 20 years ago and that there are probably college kids who don't even know who Ally Sheedy is, to me, a sign that I'm getting older...and that it's no longer appropriate to be attracted to 18 year-olds.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.