FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » They accepted my offer!

Author Topic: They accepted my offer!
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I am now an official home owner! No more struggling to find a small box to rent for 1000 dollars here in West LA. No more dealing with crazy roomates and yucky landlords. I have a place I can now call mine. I'm ecstatic!!! Everyone at hatrack is invited to come stay at MY place whenever they are in town. [Big Grin] And yes, I realize what a braggart I'm being but I'm too excited to care!
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! My wife and I just closed on a place a week ago, so I can definitely relate to how you're feeling!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Now the buyer's remorse can set in. [Wink] Buying the first house was actually pretty nice. Shifting to another house is stressful depending on how the sale of the previous residence fits in with the program.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

I'm thinking property value in the West Los Angeles area is defenitly not going down. While it's defenitly a sellers market I feel pretty secure in the fact that this is a good investement. Only time will tell though.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Day [Smile]
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. We have been homeowners for a year and a day now. Don't regret it yet, though buying a fixerupper is always a bit of work.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Enjoy your new home. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka-- you are right on so many levels.

Buying our first home: us vs. the builders.

Buying our second home:

Us vs. the buyers,
vs. their agent,
vs. our agent,
vs. the sellers,
vs. the sellers agent
vs. our mortgage company
vs. the buyers mortgage company
vs. the sellers mortgage company

:sigh:

It all ends on Monday, the 21st. Thank goodness. I'm not moving again for 15 years. At least.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
whatever you do, do not get cats.
not even one cat.
not even one cat that only sits outside.

do not get cats, sandy.
do not get cats.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!! I completely understand why you're ecstatic! In my case, however, the sale of the old house was a bigger deal than finding a new one. I put the house on the market in like March, and it took me until September to get it sold

I was only in my first house for about a year and a half, and pretty much lost my shirt on the resale since I didn't have much equity in the house yet. I didn't really want to move that soon, but for the sake of my sanity, I didn't really have a choice. The house was near an outdoor amphitheatre -- not near enough to hear the concerts that were held there, but more than near enough to gum up traffic so that I couln't go anywhere (at least not quickly).

The broker I was using to find the new house was great, and we had little problem finding a house that I liked and getting the offer accepted quickly. I used the same guy for both houses, and if I ever move again, he'll be the first one I call for the next one too.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I have been in my house for a year and a half now, and I like it more and more all the time. There's always work that needs to be done, and I'm not particularly looking forward to the big jobs like reroofing and rebuilding the deck (which have to be done every decade or so) but the small jobs are really sort of fun. I hope you enjoy your house as much as I do mine! My house payment is more now than I was paying for rent, but it's a bigger place, too, and before the 30 years is up, I'm sure it will seem extremely cheap. I'm never moving again, though. I truly hate moving. I've just now finally gotten everything in place from the move. Almost. [Smile]

But do get cats. Every home needs cats. Why shouldn't she get cats, porcelina? (Neuter them and keep them inside, though, for sure.)

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
(sara is deathly allergic to cats and if sandy had one, sara couldn't visit [Wink] )

Also...

sandy, I'm moving in. Just so you know.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Thanks everyone!

Sara - No worries girlfriend. I myself am asthmatic like you and would die if there were any cats around. The place will defenitly be Sara-safe.

Mac - You are so moving in.

And just to clarify, my home is not a house. It's a two bedroom condo. I would have to be a millionare to purchase a house here in Los Angeles. [Frown]

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
cats are lethal to me, aka.

i can't visit most of my friends' homes or even family because of cats.
i like cats, but nothing i can do about it.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Sandy! That is awesome! [Big Grin]

Are you moving far? Or are you still close enough that it is entirely ridiculous that we haven't met in person yet? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! This must be Hatrack house-acquisition month. Congratulations.

It's an amazing feeling the first time you walk into a home and realize, "This is ours!"

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if it's like that feeling of having your own apartment for the first time.

"This is mine! I have to ALL the chores now!"

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa - that's so responsible of you!

Congrats. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Housewarming Shinda!
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go - you're inspirational for those of us (me) avoiding the paperwork for the first time mortgage . . . [Party]

[ June 14, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Rock ON, girlfriend!

Though I still maintain you should've bought that apartment in East LA. Four years ago. Dammit.

But damn, dude, you with your own bachelor pad. The stuff dreams are made of.

Or, at least, my dreams. Aw yeah...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everyone at hatrack is invited to come stay at MY place whenever they are in town.
Here's your chance to take that back before someone actually takes you up on that offer...

[ June 15, 2004, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garick
Member # 6619

- posted      Profile for Garick   Email Garick         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell yea! You know I'm gonna be squatting there! Dude, you're so close now! But why did I have to hear about it here on hatrack instead of a call, hmm???
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Cool girl gets a cool house!
[Party] [Party] [Party]
[Group Hug]
[Hat]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Thanks everyone!

Rivka - The condo is located in Culver City off of Jefferson and Overland. Still just a hop and a skip away from your home! [Smile]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for you! That is sooo cool!

[Party]

Though I AM very saddened that Sara wil not be able to visit me. [Frown]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

i can visit you, just not in your own home.

ta da!
(yeah it still sounds crappy, but such is the life of one who has not evolved past allergies.)

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, very close! [Smile] Let's see, yahoomaps says about 5 miles. Even after I move in a couple months, it'll still be pretty close. (7 miles) Cooool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, that's really close to where I'll be staying when I come out there next month. I'm coming out with a friend, and his cousin lives on Sepulveda between Braddock and Jefferson. We're staying with her over July 4th weekend.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.