FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why do you like hatrack?

Author Topic: Why do you like hatrack?
Tonatiuh
Member # 6052

- posted      Profile for Tonatiuh   Email Tonatiuh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wjy do so many people make thousands of posts here? Is it the people? Orson scott Card What.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the craft services. Those inglorious moments between spotlight takes (wunder-posts) filled with precisely cubitted blocks of tummmy-filling cheese. (and typically arranged in a delightful manner)

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
....the free donuts are good too.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Shared interests, shared sense of humor, articulate penpals, dependability (the threads are always moving, certain people always respond in the same ways [Smile] ), new insights, vicarious pleasure, thoughtful people. Kindness -- lots of kindness.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

the finding of clever ways to stuff square pegs into round holes.

*shrugs*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow, I'll find a good way to put my square foot in your round hole if you keep up with being incoherently clutterful.

Edit to add:
Oh, just so I don't add to the clutter, the reason I like hatrack is sitting right next to me right now.

[ June 19, 2004, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's conversation with someone whose primary interests don't include Barney, Elmo, or the Teletubbies.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
donuts, I haven't gotten the free donuts
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

the insidious ability of the occassional oblique post to render your ego-fat into charmful bubbling giggles.
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
The people, intelligence and differring points of view.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in your box, newbie.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in all honesty, I'm just here to make fun of New Zealanders, New Englanders, hippies, and Mormons.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

unabashed volunteerism.

without merit or badges.

Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an onanistic cult. What's not to like? [Wink]
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

that's what SHE said, and who are you to question?
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember who first refered to Hatrack as a hometown, but that's exactly it. The good thing being it's the hometown of Americans, Canadians, Australians, and even the hometown of a Frenchie like me. [Smile]
We just feel good and confortable here.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

I enjoy the sipping of a nice lemon drink and a free-gaze at the calm seawaters lapping at the hind-quarters of well-weathered, well-stocked, and well-watered (not to mention well-wishing) hatrack fillies.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Anna, I take credit. [Smile] It does feel like a hometown to me, too.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Who says that I like it?
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I like that if I'm gone for a few weeks or months, I know that while I will have missed things, I will still be able to jump back in pretty quickly without having to worry about the threads I may have missed. On the other hand, if I happen to have a few days with nothing to do, I know that there will always be something new for me to look at. I also love the variety of the topics. No matter what mood I'm in, there's always something with the right tone. Another thing? Everyone (or at least, most people) type in full, coherent sentences with only the occasional abbreviation or acronym, instead of speaking in code like so many of the people online these days. I like that the people here are intelligent and well-read, and yet rarely speak down to someone who may not know as much (i.e. me). I think that's enough for now.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I hang around just to try and figure out fallow's strange train of thought....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl [ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Who says I like Hatrack?! I'm fine, I can quit anytime I want! [Angst] [Mad]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I warned Telp in the very beginning ...

*shakes head sorrowfully

A waste of a fine youth, frittering away his time here. And, as my father would say, likely a clotheshorse to boot. (He might just have called you a strumpet, as well, Telperion. *grin)

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Hatrack because it is like a grocery store that stays open 24 hours.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
except without the groceries.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Hatrack because it distracts me from real life.

It's a very nice distraction.

I'm easily distracted.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Look! Something shiny!
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not that easy.

*shakes head hard to regain previous thought*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, unless they are The Groceries of Love and Friendship. You can get those here any time.

(Ouch! I feel that you just cyber-kicked me, Mack!)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean, why do people like forums?

Because as far as I'm concerned, I like Hatrack because it's the best forum I've ever been to. As far as why I like forums, well, that's something I could go into but it seems like it would require thought and effort and other things I only exercise if the result is lust or sloth.

Also, Hatrack has jehovoid. No other part of my life has jehovoid, so I keep coming back here for more.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is so many different things for me that I am actually stumped as to how to convey what I want to say.

If you stick around, you might just get as confused as I am! But one thing for sure, I come back for the amazing people that share their lives here. I do laugh, and cry, and think, and goof off. So in a way, Hatrack is the 31 Flavors of Life, and they are all delicious.

[ June 19, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep making the best friends of my life here. Such wonderful people! Every time I consider leaving, I think of all the ones I might miss, and I can't quite bring myself to leave completely. Well, that and I'm very addicted. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

werd.

*mines nose and eats nuggets in plain sight*

[ June 20, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite simply it is the people that post here. There is intelligence, humor, sincerity and thoughtfulness in abundance here. All other reasons are ancillary to the quality of Hatrack's citizens.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.