FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack, here's your chance to vote for commercials you'd like to see taken off tv. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack, here's your chance to vote for commercials you'd like to see taken off tv.
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Those would be NetZero Commercials, IanO.

Oh, and one commercial That really freaks me out is one of those anti-drug ones. The one where they show a little toddler going out to a pool and throwing a floaty and then getting ready to jump in while the commercial while it says to make up an excuse that you had to get high or something. Just seeing little kids come close to death really Really freaks me out.

[ September 23, 2004, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the McDonald's commercials. But there are actually a few commercials I do like.

I like the Dell commercial with the two girls in a dorm. I like commercials that tell stories and the whole situation (except for the Dell part) is so true.

I also love the random sci fi channel commercials that just have weird things happen in a couple of seconds, I always wish they were previews for new shows.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and one commercial That really freaks me out is one of those anti-drug ones. The one where they show a little toddler going out to a pool and throwing a floaty and then getting ready to jump in while the commercial while it says to make up an excuse that you had to get high or something. Just seeing little kids come close to death really Really freaks me out.
I think that's exactly why I like them. They really hit the message home.

Oh, and I love that Dell commercial! "I love pink! Guess your favorite color's black!"

A radio commercial that I would like to die is that series that Donald Trump put together. He takes two completely different subjects, for example Pit Bulls and Progressive Auto Insurance. He starts the ad by saying something like "Pit Bulls are dangerous" then he shifts completely over to his shpeal about Progressive Auto insurance, and THEN he starts a brand new shpeal about the dangers of pit bulls.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Doubt many else get these ones, but the Mountain West commercials need to go.

This is how cheezy they are, plus the acting is less than satisfactory. (I whipped one up since no specific one comes to mind)

Girl walks by in a park and sees another studing. "Hey!" She says. "I thought you would be home right now!"
"No, I'm going to Mountain West! It's easy, and in a few years I can dump my part time job and get a real career."
"Wow! That sounds great, where do I sign up?"
"Follow me, lets go!"

*clenches head in anguish* I hate those commercials.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that's exactly why I like them. They really hit the message home.
But I don't need that message, I've already sworn to myself not to take drugs, and I don't like watching commercials that make me feel like vomiting everytime I think of them in the slightest matter.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
These phone ads aggravate me. "I didn't know that." SHUT UP!
The "Look, you are a lazy bum sitting at home watching daytime television, it's clear that you have no job, so join this career institute."
I don't know why I bother watching stupid television -_-.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
"This wasn't a get rich scheme, but quess what? I did!"

*slow stranglation*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I shamefully enjoy the dell commercial with the two girls in the dorm as well.

Why is it shameful to enjoy that commercial? I don't know, but it feels like something I shouldn't be proud of.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the Tiny House commercial.
[ROFL]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiny House?
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I have to admit that I love the Orbit commercials.
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what these commercials are called, but it's for some car, I think a toyota...

I think the series is called meeting her father.

I think it goes something like this in one of them...

*Three people sit in a car, the camera goes from face to face for a while, making an akward silence*

Young Man: Sir, truly, had I known you occupation, I would have never made that lawyer joke.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand parents not wanting certain drugs advertised on TV. When I was younger I asked my dad what general herpes was. He had the fun task of explaining that it was not general herpes.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[Laugh] general herpes

I hate that damn window commercial. I swear, if I have to hear "tilt me baby" anymore, I'm just going to throw this damn box out the window then regret it when FF12 comes out.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
The Remax Real Estate ads bug me, especially the one where the real estate agent flies over the woman's outdoor wedding in a hot air balloon just to tell her that he sold her house.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.