FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wifeswap on ABC (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wifeswap on ABC
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
After michael's last post, I suddenly understand an argument in favor of no-fault divorce that I never did before. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is that? Because there is an assumption that wives and husbands share equal responsibility in a relationship?
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No. It's because it ensures that no judge need twist and turn things to blame either party. No fault means the judge doesn't have to decide if an affair is the fault of the cheater (um, duh!) or the cheatee. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in a state which has no-fault as the court rules. A freind of mine had a wife who was basically a public playground and when the marriage ended her actions could not be used in consideration as to who got the kids. Such rules remind of the parody of the "Divorce Barbie" -- she comes with all of Ken's stuff.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Interesting that you feel that an affair should count against the wife, but not against the husband. [Roll Eyes]

As I said, such unequal applications are exactly why I suddenly am in favor of no-fault laws.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, no kidding. A man having an affair is doing what he has to because his wife sucks, but a woman having an affair is an unfit mother who gets all the stuff who victimizes the guy. How misogynistic.

Good grief.

[ June 30, 2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a chance to watch the show last night. It has zero sexual content. It was all about what happens when a rich person lives with a lower middle class family and vice versa. I understand there is another segment where they have a black wife living with a white family and a white wife living with a black family.

I think all the excitement over the possible morals warping nature of this show was way overblown. There was certainly nothing in it that warranted a boycott.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
From the promos I've seen (of the Fox show), it looks pretty disgusting. It's one thing for adults to disrupt their lives and humiliate themselves on national t.v., but it's quite another thing when children are involved. I think that's reprehensible.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Is there anyone that has actually watched the show that finds it objectionable?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I forgot there were two different versions of the show. Yeah, I watched the FOX one.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.