FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gaze and rejoice

Author Topic: Gaze and rejoice
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
http://apple.com/macosx/tiger/

It looks very, very nice, particularly some of the new under the hood stuff that should catapult development even further ahead. Tiger server is even more spectacular looking (and if past experience holds true, a lot of the technologies for it will also be available for free for os x normal version, just without the nice guis; this is particularly likely as the implementations are often based on open source technology).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: gazes lovingly at dashboard ::
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it looks great. Too bad it's many months away from release (early 2005 for public release I think).
Did you also look at the monitors? I admit that I don't like brushed metal, but mmm. It tilts a little! That's the biggest complaint I have with mine (i own a 20"), it's hard to change the angle of the screen. If only I had $3k lying around, that 30" monitor is insane.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing I gave up Dobies for lent....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Lent is over, btw. [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
*wishes he hadn't gotten a dell...dude*
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the dashboard implementation a lot better than windows longhorn's new side board widget holder, which is effectively the same sort of thing. The side bar takes up a huge amount of screen real estate for stuff you don't want to be looking at most of the time; dashboard keep it all out of the way for you until you want to look at it, but keeps it instantaneously at hand.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I like it, but ouch.... I feel really bad for the guys at Konfabulator....

[Frown]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, looks cool. [Big Grin] That Core Image library is going to make me wish I had more time to play around with it. And it looks like Automator brings the joy of cron to the masses. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the details.

I need a bigger desk. And a spare $3300 lying around. Oh, and I guess I'd need a G5 with that massive graphics card, too. Damn.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like it, but ouch.... I feel really bad for the guys at Konfabulator....
Yeah. [Frown]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.