FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So - has Hatrack been hacked? Is a crash next? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So - has Hatrack been hacked? Is a crash next?
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...leader of the Utah Chapter...

And who would that be?

...don't call me Job Boy...

That name is reserved only for his special friends.

So what's next on your agenda?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Agenda? Care to explain?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Agenda? You tell me.

All of the other dogs on the street have decided that I'm not that interesting, but you can't seem to resist snapping at my heels every time I ride by.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
huh. I don't know how my mid 20's clique was brought up, but Hey!
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] Huh? skillery, are you ON something?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Um . . . excuse me? You're calling me the perpetually ornery and ever-vigilant leader of the Utah mid-20s clique? That's hilarious. Yeah, and I'm the one with an agenda.

Hey, answer me this: if you think I'm out to get you, why did you register for my forum?

[ June 28, 2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So - has Hatrack been hacked? Is a crash next?
Yes.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
was sndrake trying to warn us? is there one among us who knows the future? was this a giant plot and one member had second thoughts and decided to warn us all?

Tune in next time

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

Jon Boy:

I'm confident that in the future you won't feel a need to respond to my posts:
Exhibit A
Exhibit B

There is nothing to be gained by further interaction between us.

To answer your question, I was looking at your artwork a while back and thought to join your forum. Every webmaster that has a forum wants more members and more post activity, right?

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*mmmmm... mmm.....*

*munches cookie*

*longs for a jug 'o' milk*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? For longest time, for some reason I have thought that it would be hilarious to be like:

[url= http://www.emporiumuk.com/products/images/needleworks/letters/Illum%20Letter%20'A'.jpg]Exhibit A[/url]
[url= http://www.emporiumuk.com/products/images/needleworks/letters/Illum%20Letter%20'B'.jpg]Exhibit B[/url]
[url= http://www.emporiumuk.com/products/images/needleworks/letters/Illum%20Letter%20'C'.jpg]Exhibit C[/url]

For some reason, it just strikes me as hilarious.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*offers half an oversized-choc-o-chip to mr. funny*

I can't possibly finish this myself. *gag* care for some?

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... cookies...

*brings milk*

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*dreams that he is eating a cookie*

*wakes to find that he has been chewing on exhibit C*

Goose down...ptooooeeee

*wonders what he was drinking*

fallow
Member # 6268

*munch*

blood of the ancestors.

mmm... chip? where have you been all my life?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
skillery, THOSE are your "evidence"? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*whisper* persecution complex */whisper*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. I was hoping you would at least show some compelling evidence or something, but I must admit that I'm rather unimpressed and underwhelmed. I'm also not buying it for an instant. Anybody here can tell you that I am not the leader of any clique, nor am I perpetually ornery and ever-vigilant.

And if I recall correctly, it's been quite a while since I've accused you of being a fraud and a troll. That's 'cause I decided to back off and give you the benefit of the doubt, but your paranoid accusations don't help your case. But you know what? It's really not my concern. This isn't my forum, and unless you start harassing me or my friends, I'm not going to do anything about it. But consider yourself no longer welcome at my forum, just in case you still wanted to post there.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Shepherdess,

I have said twice now that I was not intentionally being rude, and I have already apologized for unintentionally coming across that way. If you really accepted my apology, I don't understand why you would dilute it by linking to an article about the worthlessness of public apologies. At best, it seems a little oblivious as to the connotation; at worst, it seems ungracious and spiteful. Having explained my previous actions and offered an apology, I'm not sure exactly what else you'd like from me.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon75,
I hate to bump this thread, because I was really hoping it would sink into oblivion! Your apology made me think of the article simply because of the phrase "if you think..." Couching an apology in terms that make the offended party feel like it was their fault can sometimes be less than effective. That doesn't mean it wasn't sincere--I'm sure it was, and once again I accept it. Furthermore, I apologize for hinting that I thought it wasn't.

I sincerely apologize as well for my thin cyber-skin, which is part of the reason I don't post much. I was simply making an offhand remark, and I was a little taken aback by the combination of responses--in particular JonBoy's sarcastic comments he made in my stead, which seemed to assume a lot of things about me, including both my political leanings and my intelligence. I'm afraid you may have received the brunt of my ungracious spitefulness, perhaps because you actually apologized to me (that'll teach you!).

Now, can we just let bygones be bygones? I don't post much, so I won't bother you much, and I generally do put more thought into my posts than I did into some on this thread. I'm not proud of them, but hopefully they'll be buried soon, in true Hatrack form.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Shepherdess. I appreciate that you took the time to make that last post. I hope that you don't let this brief disagreement turn you off to Hatrack, or let it force you into lurkerdom.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I wasn't making comments in your stead. I was simply making a comment. And I certainly didn't assume anything about your political leanings or intelligence. I thought your joke was unfunny, but I can't say that I know anything else about you.

Sorry. I'm usually not snarky to people I don't know. I shouldn't have said anything.

[ June 29, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm usually not snarky to people I don't know.
Well, not under that screenname, anyway....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

But even when I'm Snarky to people I don't know, I try not to be snarky to people I don't know.
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon75,
Thanks so much for your gracious words. I'm working my way out of lurkerdom. These things take time!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.