FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It just popped into my head.

Author Topic: It just popped into my head.
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever had something pop into your head for no explainable reason? I was just sitting on my couch thinking about how good the pasta we made tonight was when I had a vivid visual of the old TV series "Small Wonder."

Where did that come from? what has popped into your head that you couldn't explain?

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, it is pictures of super models in swimwear or lingerie.....and they are beckoning to me to come closer......and licking their lips.....

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I don't know where that came from!

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] [Eek!]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Usually with me it's that terrible night when Uncle Freddy dressed me up like a girl and made me sit on all the laps of his poker buddies.

Wait, that happened lots of times.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Bunch of different things...usually it's related, but sometimes the relation is obscure.

For instance, start talking about Paul and the church and I may flash to ST: First Contact.

quote:
For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
So...you're saying Christ is borg?!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

wow
I think people are sicker here then I give them credit for. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then we get into all that "two natures" stuff....

No, not literally. But it's an interesting way to think about things. And it did just pop into my head. Lots of things do.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay-Puft...

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
What always pops into my head is this rock song...I can't remember who does it, nor do I know the words very well, but here's the part that's in my brain.

Something like "Take my life" mumblemumble "Jesus Christ (deny your maker)." That's probably totally wrong. Man, do I ever hate that song.

After replaying the music in my head, it sounds like Metallica maybe?

[ July 09, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a story pop into my head a couple days ago. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, but for some reason I hadn't thought of it in well over a decade. It was almost gone forever, when it just popped up out of nowhere.

I knew a kid when I was in about 6th grade who was a huge, huge, monsterously huge Rush fan. One day he went to a Rush concert with his family. After the concert, he somehow managed to sneak past the guards Metal Gear style and get backstage. While back there, he ran into Neal Peart, arguably the greatest rock drummer of all time. Once in a lifetime experience, certain to never be repeated. Speechless, this kid pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil that he had in his pocket, and Neil gave him an autograph before he took off.

The next day this kid came back to school. But school was the last thing on his mind. His every thought was eclipsed by his unbelievable experience and the piece of paper in his hand, bearing the mark of a rock God. He showed it to everyone. He passed it around the class. He made the fatal mistake of showing it to the sixth grade's biggest and most notorious smart-ass, who, noticing that the autograph was in pencil, pulled out a pencil of his own and erased it.

Never in my life have I witnessed a more savage ass-beating than I saw that day.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
A pivotal life lesson for all involved, I think.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Alice in Chains, PSI.

Be at Peace . . . [Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Happens to me on a fairly regular basis. But the really strange thing isn't when a memory of something from long ago pops in for no discernible reason. But I've never figured out why on earth I sometimes have memory flashes of dreams I had ten, twenty, thirty years or more ago. It's the weirdest thing.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Shan, Jes told me it was Alice in Chains. As much as I like their music, I just can't stand that song in my head.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Good story, Speed!
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

I was reading this thread and suddenly I had a flash of when my best friend and I (back in our teenage days) went to see Terminator 2. His parents would not let him see R rated movies, and when I called to invite, he said, "no " (mom was listening).

His mom was so proud he was a good example and did not let me corrupt her son, she paid for our movie tickets--which of course we used to see T2!! [Evil Laugh]

I miss those high school days sometimes.

EDIT:
quote:
I sometimes have memory flashes of dreams I had ten, twenty, thirty years or more ago.
MY TOO!!!!!!! well, I am 29, so I have dream falshbacks of 20 years ago. What is that all about?

[ July 12, 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Alexa ]

Alexa
Member # 6285

"The Flux Capacitor!"
Beaver Dick Leigh
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Beaver Dick Leigh           Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna fight?
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.