FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mozilla users -- security alert!!!

Author Topic: Mozilla users -- security alert!!!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
An exploit has been found with the Firefox web browser. Please follow the below link and install the update.

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=154

Here is a link with information regarding the exploit, if you are interested.

http://www.mozilla.org/security/shell.html

Again, this is only for people that are using the Firefox web browser.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thankyou. =)

D

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
The breach is for WinXP/Win2k you can consider both systems as the same thing. Also, Netscape is so old that it doesn't have the bug.

The news of this exploit came out two days ago, and was actually fixed the same day, that's a good turnaround, in adverse to when Microsoft exploits are found...take days or weeks before Microsoft comes out with a temperary patch.

Also, even without the need to patch for mozilla/firefox, I do suggest that people update their browser periodically. There are always updates being released that fix bugs, or add new features (especially with firefox), you know just an extra step you do when you update your antivirus or operating system.
Satyagraha

[ July 09, 2004, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Insanity Plea ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bob!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox yesterday based on everyone's recommendation here. [Smile]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I installed the extension, but it's not showing up in the extension list. Is this normal?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, it's transparent because it doesn't actually add anything to your browsing capabilities.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

A really useful extention (if you haven't found it yet) is the mouse gestures. Right-left click on the mouse go back in your history, and left-right goes forward. Usually left click+down-up-down refreshes, but i find that takes too much effort and changed it to middle click+scroll down as refresh works better. Hehe, this means i have full browsing capability when my hands are at the keyboard AND when my hand is at the mouse...no need for extranious movements.
Satyagraha

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.