FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Birthday, Sophia Rose Davidson! - See PHOTOS on page 2 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Sophia Rose Davidson! - See PHOTOS on page 2
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a very cool idea, Dagonee.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I lived with some friends after their daughter was born, and she loved the computer, mainly because everyone paid so much attention to it. So I took one from work for her and she would happily "type" for as long as a half hour, which helped her daddy get some computer time.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas is too smart for that. He knows which keyboard/remote control/etc makes things happen on screen and which ones don't. [Smile]

(that's how one of the keys on my notebook ended up detached. good thing it's one that's rarely used!)

[ July 14, 2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Sophie, welcome! [Wave] We're all looking forward very much to seeing you for the first time.

[Party] [Party]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to try the severed keyboard trick. Great pictures.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hearty congratulations, and I look for'ard to readin' the journals [Smile]

*high-fives* all round. Now if only I hadn't converted, I could get some pink cee-gars [Wink]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
She's got her daddy's head, for sure....

[Wink] FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Great family pictures. How was your first night at home with her?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to a journal I've been keeping:
http://plastic-castle.com/v-web/portal/cms/modules.php?name=Journal&file=display&jid=5

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful journal! Christy, don't be afraid to take something for the pain. I had tearing very similar to yours with my first baby. Tucks pads are also nice.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, that's brilliant. Oh, thank you so much for sharing. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Nine pounds and change. Holy moly.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
No one believes me *smile* I'm not really in that much pain. The stitches really are starting to irritate, though.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Warm sitz bath. Or, if that doesn't do the trick, try one chilled with ice.

Any drugstore should have one for 15-25 bucks. I strongly recommend trying one.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading the journal and it is *wonderful*. I'm going to send a link to my brother who is expecting to welcome his firstborn this autumn.

One comment, hopefully reassuring: Our daughter Rayne was a lot like Sophie about sleeping. Her first night in the world, she would only sleep in her Daddy's arms. In short order and desperate for sleep, we let her sleep with us. I worried about this excessively, but didn't worry so much that I lost sleep (which was really the point when you think about it...) Our pediatrician was reassuring at the 6 week checkup, saying that it wasn't at all a problem right now, and just to try to get her used to sleeping in her crib by the time she was 2 or 3 months. We did, and now, while she likes to climb in bed with us, it's only with a mind to play and cuddle.

Congratulations Christy and Tom!! This parenthood thing is so great, and I'm so happy that you've got such a good baby to start your parenting adventure.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the journal, Tom. I'm amazed and in awe.

Wow!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I'm really glad that you and Christy are geeks. If you weren't, Hatrack and all the world wouldn't have access to that awesome journal. [Smile] Thanks for posting it, I read the whole darned thing.

[ July 17, 2004, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing journal, Tom. I can't wait to see her!
quote:

Speaking of E-mail, it is SO nice to again have web access. My palms have stopped shaking. Christy and I both are geeky enough to, almost immediately after settling down, fire up our computers and head straight to the Hatrack forums. There's probably something wrong with us, but I can't think what.

:: giggles :: Why do I think when it comes to my turn, I'll be doing that?
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.