FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sampling music online (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sampling music online
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, very cool....at least to me...lol...

If you like A Capella you should really try the link I had in my post.

Derick Johnson formed the Voices of Liberty down in Walt Disney World years ago, and they sing 3 shows a day, 7 days a week. They are awsome, and I really like to listen to them when I need to relax.

I am trying to convince my wife, JenniK, to audition for the group next year. Jenni is an excellent singer and sings at weddings and formal functions a lot. Not so much now compared to how much she use to, but she is still the guest vocalist at her moms church on accasion. I reallynhope she tries out...even if she doesn't make the cut (and she really might) it would always be something she would remember.

Check the second link out on my other ost...you will probably like it a lot.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vera
Member # 2094

- posted      Profile for Vera   Email Vera         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, I really like Carbon Leaf too! I don't know that many people that have heard of them. I was introduced to them by a friend who went to Sweet Briar College in Virginia, where they have played several times.

The new stuff sounds pretty good, but I'm a little sad that they seem to be getting away from the slightly Celtic sound they had before. I always liked their more Celtic-sounding songs the best. The new sound is nice too, though. Reminds me of Toad the Wet Sprocket, kind of soft-alternative.

[ August 08, 2004, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Vera ]

Posts: 96 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this thread.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I know of Carbon Leaf is their cover of Crazy Train - they played it live on DC101. I've been meaning to pick up an album of theirs. The lead guitarist is damn good.

Dagonee
Edit: Just listened to the clips from the new album - I definitely have to get some now.

[ September 05, 2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

The Rhumba of the Heart.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

A sampling of a soundtrack.

Hobbes [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.