FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mormon Theological Question (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Mormon Theological Question
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
No one ever answered my question. RnD could start. [Smile]
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, then, how could anyone go to Hell?
LDS 'hell' is... different than the generallly understood concept.

There's actually two things considered 'hell'. One is temporary, one is not.

The first is the one as given as an example by Christ in the story of the Rich man and Lazarus (not the raised-from-the-dead Lazzy). Lazarus went to a place of paradise when he died, and the Wicked Rich Man went to a hell - this is the place the wicked go BEFORE the Resurrection occurs. The first Resurrection of the Just occured upon Christ's Resurrection. The next won't be completed until the Second Coming.This 'Spirit Prison' is pretty close to the idea of 'Purgatory', but not exactly the same thing.

The Wicked stay in there until the Second Coming, where even they are given a Resurrection in a degree of Glory. Lesser than the Just, but still pretty fantabulous.

HOWEVER...

The 'Big Bad Hell' that's permanent is a bit of a rarity. It's more commonly known as 'Outer Darkness', or 'Spiritual Death'. The only people consigned here are those with a 100% Knowledge of God's plan (not faith. KNOWLEDGE) and reject it outright. this is where Satan and his angels will go, as well as a very few others designated as Sons of Perdition.

LDS do not believe that not accepting the LDS Gospel means you will burn forever. In fact, those who live wonderful lives and live a pretty decent "Christian Values" will end up in a wonderful degree of Glory that is in the presence of Jesus Christ, with not much more responsiblity. It's basicaly the 'Orthodox' view of Heaven. It's not in the presence of Heavenly Father, but Jesus does preside there.

[ July 18, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Why can't someone with sin come before God? If that was his rule and we are bound by it, why create someone to "absorb" that sin and die - wouldn't it be less brutal to simply change the rule?
It's not as much a rule as it is... we couldn't take it. Being before God, knowing that he knows everything you did, and being in the presence of the Perfect Being who loves you, and did his best to allow you to choose the path that would lead to absolute happiness, and knowing that you didn't trust him - the shame would be unbearable, and a bit of a 'hell' in and of itself.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh. If you read mr_porteiro_head's and my joint landmark, the guy I taught on my mission (and then fell in love with) asked the very same question.

Well, to answer that question, (or set of questions) I had to turn to the Book of Mormon. Again, this is almost certainly only an LDS perspective not shared by those of other faiths.

The Book of Mormon explains to us that even God is bound by rules--that if He breaks them, He ceases to be God. There are long discussions about justice and mercy and the reason the atonement was necessary.

It would be a long and involved discussion indeed, but I think you questions can be answered according to LDS theology. I think other Christians would have to leave it at "Because that is just the way it is," or "Because God said so."

Now, seeing as I know you don't believe in a Divine Christ to begin with, you are going to have to take this all on the hypothetical.

Man. I feel like just assigning you Book of Mormon passages to read and then asking if you have any questions.

First of all, in order to believe in the need for a Divine Atonement, you have to believe in the Fall of Man. Without that belief, the atonement doesn't make sense.

It also helps to believe in a Pre-Earth Life where God presented His plan to His children and we decided of our own free will to come to earth. The Atonement was planned from the beginning and Christ chosen to fulfill that role.

So first read 2nd Nephi Chapter 2 It lays down some very key points of doctrine.

An exerpt that talks about the natural, or fallen, state of man.

quote:
# Mosiah 3: 19

19 For the natural• man is an enemy• to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields• to the enticings of the Holy Spirit•, and putteth• off the natural• man and becometh a saint• through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child•, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

An exerpt from Alma 34
quote:
9 For it is expedient that an atonement• should be made; for according to the great plan• of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.

10 For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice•; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be ancinfinite• and eternal• sacrifice.

11 Now there is not any man that can sacrifice his own blood which will atone for the sins of another. Now, if a man murdereth, behold will our law, which is just•, take the life of his brother? I say unto you, Nay.

12 But the law requireth the life of him who hath murdered; therefore there can be nothing which is short of an infinite atonement which will suffice for the sins of the world.

13 Therefore, it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice, and then shall there be, or it is expedient there should be, a stop• to the shedding of blood; then shall the law• of Moses be fulfilled; yea, it shall be all fulfilled, every jot and tittle, and none shall have passed away.

14 And behold, this is the whole meaning• of the law, every whit pointing to that great and last sacrifice•; and that great and last sacrifice• will be the Son of God, yea, infinite• and eternal.

15 And thus he shall bring salvation to all those who shall believe on his name; this being the intent of this last sacrifice, to bring about the bowels of mercy, which overpowereth justice, and bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance.

16 And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety, while he that exercises no faith unto repentance is exposed to the whole law of the demands of justice•; therefore only unto him that has faith unto repentance is brought about the great and eternal plan of redemption.

quote:

# Alma 42: 24

24 For behold, justice exerciseth all his demands, and also amercy claimeth all which is her own; and thus, none but the truly penitent are saved.

quote:
# Alma 42: 25

25 What, do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God.

Well, there is much more, but that should at least kick off a discussion.

In review,

First: Man is in a natural and fallen state, by nature he sins, by nature he is an enemy to God and cannot return to His presence. In such a state, the eternal soul of man is doomed to fall under the influence and power of Satan for all eternity. We have to take this as a given, for it is not explained much further than this.

Second: God must follow the natural laws of the universe, he can't just redeem someone. He can't "rob justice".

Third: God knew all these things from the beginning. He knew man would fall, he prepared the way for man's redemption before the world was created and explained this plan to all of us before we were born.

A Savior would be chosen, our eldest spirit brother, Christ, son of our Heavenly Father. He would come to earth and be an example for us to follow. He alone would not succumb to the natural man and sin, though he would be half mortal and subject himself to mortal temptations and sufferings. He would teach, show what we should do, establish His doctrine and church, teach us about our Father in Heaven.

Then He would suffer for our sins. This was not a physical suffering, but a spiritual one. One that we cannot comprehend. It began in the garden of Gethsemane and likely continued until his last breath. It was far more awful than the physical sufferings he bore. He paid a price that cannot be comprehended so that he could say:
quote:

Doctrine and Covenants Section 45

3 Listen to him who is the advocate• with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—

4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin•, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified•;

5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren• that believe• on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting• life.

I hope that helps. [Smile]

[ July 19, 2004, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread (not to mention ^ some posts) is super long. Would it be frowned-upon to respond to fragmented bits and pieces without digesting the whole sacred cow?

moo.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Respond away!
fallow
Member # 6268

what IS the ancient chinese secret, huh?

*daintily dips fingernails in dishwashing soap*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
It's not as much a rule as it is... we couldn't take it. Being before God, knowing that he knows everything you did, and being in the presence of the Perfect Being who loves you, and did his best to allow you to choose the path that would lead to absolute happiness, and knowing that you didn't trust him - the shame would be unbearable, and a bit of a 'hell' in and of itself.
Yeah. I am thinking there is a scripture that refers to this.... I am trying to think where it is....

Well, here is one:

quote:
14 For our words• will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall not be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God; and we would fain be glad if we could command the rocks and the mountains• to fall upon us to hide• us from his presence.

15 But this cannot be; we must come forth and stand before him in his glory, and in his power, and in his might, majesty, and dominion, and acknowledge to our everlasting shame• that all his judgments• are just; that he is just in all his works, and that he is merciful unto the children of men, and that he has all power to save every man that believeth on his name and bringeth forth fruit meet for repentance.

This isn't because God made things this way, it's just the way things *are*.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
So if non LDS aren't so bad off, then what exactly does does the subtitle of God's Army mean? God's Army Saving the World One Soul at a Time. What are we being saved from?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

[Blushing]

*sweeps Lao under the rug*

umm... what is a godhead? I've never really understood this term. Kinda makes me giggle (Freudian). Is it like a figurehead? Like a carved icon face-forward-into-the-wind sort of shipwise adornment?

fallow

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Talc, I'll grant I don't agree with the "shame would be too much to bear" idea, but it does set up the rest in context.

Beav - I have to admit, I expected "because God wills it" statement much sooner in this discussion.

And I will concede if I believed any of the preceeding statements, the rest would make sense.

Unfortunately, I don't - so the subsequent issues fall apart for me as well.

But I have to admit, it's one of the more concise answers I've ever gotten.

-Trevor
Edit: They are saving us from the not so bad Hell.
Edit 2: Bev - I find it difficult to accept that an all-powerful, all-knowing God is bound by "the way things are." Either He is the creator of all things or he isn't.

But, as I understand LDS mythology - God isn't an all-powerful, all-knowing entity, which means His limitations are plausible.

[ July 19, 2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Ooo, *excellent* question, Theca. There is this little matter of no one being able to be saved in ignorance. The idea is that before your final judgement you must have had the opportunity to accept Christ and His gospel, either in this life or the next. The second idea is, the sooner the better. [Smile]

Fallow, as I understand it, the Godhead (at least in LDS theology) is like a "council of Gods". We do indeed believe in three separate entities, but that they are so united in purpose that it usually doesn't matter which one you are referring to. They are all equally and in their own right GOD. They are as "one" as three separate entities can be. [Smile]

Calgon
Member # 4151

- posted      Profile for Calgon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the ancient Chinese secret.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
And I will concede if I believed any of the preceeding statements, the rest would make sense.

Unfortunately, I don't - so the subsequent issues fall apart for me as well.

Not too surprising. 'tis what I expected. [Wink]
fallow
Member # 6268

bev,

why just 3?

fallow

fallow
Member # 6268

Calgon,

*snort*

nice moo-moo

fallow

beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
Bev - I find it difficult to accept that an all-powerful, all-knowing God is bound by "the way things are." Either He is the creator of all things or he isn't.

But, as I understand LDS mythology - God isn't an all-powerful, all-knowing entity, which means His limitations are plausible.

Yeah, many really balk at this idea. Basically, we believe God is all-powerful in the sense that if there is any power to be had, He's got it all, man. Ain't no one more all-powerful than He. And yet He remains bound--by choice, I might add--to certain eternal laws.

Edit: The funny thing is, while many people are profoundly disturbed by this idea, I find it quite comforting. It helps also knowing that God is truly all-knowing and loves us all in addition to the all-powerful bit.

[ July 19, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
why just 3?
Reminds me of many of the questions my 5-year-old son asks. Because that is the way it is? [Smile]

No, I do believe there is more to it than that. First of all, you've got Father in Heaven. You've then got the need for a Savior in the plan, ergo Christ. Now, God seems to really like the idea of having 2 or more witnesses of any truth, so then you have the Holy Ghost, a personage of Spirit whose job it is (among other things) to testify of Christ, the Father, and all truth.

Could there be more than three? Perhaps. Less than three? No. So three is the minimum, and perhaps God likes to be efficient.

fallow
Member # 6268

Efficient?!

Ok. 3 sounds like kind of an arbitaray choice, particularly regarding how they're pretty much all the same guy, as closely-bound as they are.

Why no feminine presence? That's kind of the stickler for me. Doesn't make any sense whichever way I churn it.

fallow

Taalcon
Member # 839

The Holy Spirit can be very...motherly. One of his roles and titles is that of Comforter.
fallow
Member # 6268

the holy-spirit is a cross-dresser?

[Confused]

fallow

Taalcon
Member # 839

I think he runs around naked.
beverly
Member # 6246

Well, you have to take into account the firmly held belief that our Father in Heaven has a female counterpart, that He is married. We believe that Christ either is or will be also. Marriage is pretty central to LDS theology. We believe no man or woman is complete without it, including God.
TMedina
Member # 6649

As much as I hate the answer, "just because" will actually carry a lot of ground because of the complexity of trying to understand "God, creater of all things" - no matter how you interpret him.

That being said, I will never swear faith to a belief system that rationalizes "just because" - but I will accept that empirical proof and definite answers are both in short supply.

The idea that human evolution was nothing more than an alien's practical joke is as plausible as the LDS teaching or the Catholic church's theology.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Hah! That might be reason enough for me to convert, if I hadn't already made my thoughts known on the "Singles" thread. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

beverly
Member # 6246

*shrug*

Maybe we are all in the Matrix.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Snicker - well said.

-Trevor

Taalcon
Member # 839

Try to imagine time having no end.

Pretty cool, eh? Makes your mind kind of bend a little, but you can almost comprehend it.

Now think about something having no BEGINNING. Think about it hard.

Give you a headache? Seem impossible? It's incomprehensible.

As much as we know and believe that the Earth had a beginning, before that, the idea of Eternity stretching into BOTH directions is enough to give you a migraine.

Whether you think of it from a science OR a theological viewpoint - both will leave you reeling. Some things ARE just incomprehensible to the human mind. We're infinite beings living in a finite body. there ARE limits to our current understanding.

We believe we have all the info we NEED to know, but not all there IS to know. We can't recieve that until we've been trialed through this life, and recieve exalted eternal spiritual bodies.

As of right now, I'm content with not being omnicient. I'll leave that to God for the time being!

fallow
Member # 6268

bev,

ok. why isn't the "marriage" of god, or the feminine presence explicit?

fallow

TMedina
Member # 6649

C'mon Fallow - now you're delving into the "just because" category.

-Trevor

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
In some ways, material existence, or life in Ea, can be thought of as being in the matrix, and heaven, or the celestial realm can be thought of as our real life. Time is only in effect in the matrix. Real life is in a universe in which time is not part of the laws of physics. That's the sense in which we are all eternal.

Edit to say this is my own theological speculation, based on LDS theology, and not any sort of doctrine of any religion ever known, as far as I can tell. [Smile]

[ July 19, 2004, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Taal,

quote:
As of right now, I'm content with not being omnicient
Is that conditioned on having access to the omniscient via admittedly flawed and rationally-awkward channels?

fallow

Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
It's possible people DID know in the Early Days. There were lots of Fertility Cults and such devoted to the 'Queen of Heaven'. Things got out of hand.

Since Heavenly Mother's plan is the same as Father's plan and will, it was probably better for everyone that she let Daddy take the forefront.

[ July 19, 2004, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why no feminine presence?
Heavenly Mother is present. She is just... not as vocal.

quote:
Thanks for using the phrase "as I understand it."
God is all-powerful and all-knowing in LDS doctrine. Just because we say he "can't" break his rules, doesn't mean he isn't capable. He just knows that the consequences would not be worth the benefit. Before the Earth was created, in the Council of Heaven, a Plan of Salvation was presented to us. Christ - Jehovah - presented God's plan. This included a need for man to be tried and tested, be tempted and hopefully overcome sin. Because he knew we would not be able to always overcome sin, he, being our Eldest Brother, offered to sacrifice himself... to come down with an understanding of his role and to BE perfect and sin free, so that he could then atone for us. Satan - Lucifer - suggested that we all just be perfect... by force. Then we wouldn't need a sacrifice and no one would go to "hell." He also wanted God's Glory for accomplishing this. Often, we dote on the concept that this was bad just because he wanted God's Glory, but this isn't completely rational. God knew the same thing parents know on Earth. Kids have to learn things the hard way, or they just won't learn. He sticks to his laws because he created them. There is no need for him to break them. One day we will all understand this, either in this life or the next. The sooner the better, so we can help others to understand as well.
(forgive me if I am not completely clear. Geoff, Taalcon and Beverly are mch more eloquent than I.)

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*not if any middle-aged man was created in the image of God*

*shudders*

Taalcon
Member # 839

"In the image of God he created them. Male and Female, he created them."

Perhaps Adam looked just like Daddy, and Eve looked just like Mommy.

fallow
Member # 6268

gnixing,

eloquence... is... kinda important.

fallow

beverly
Member # 6246

[Wink] 'nother good question.

The main idea is the protecting of Her sanctity. The name of God is profaned. There is also the open ended idea that Heavenly Father may be a polygamist God. Polygamy is, after all, still accepted in LDS doctrine as a true principle if not practiced currently.

The idea is that there is eternal marriage, that it is the highest state of existance for men and women. That marriage can have an open-ended number of women in it, but one man--that this is the eternal pattern, the way "things are".

So as for a Mother in Heaven or Mothers, I prefer to think of Her or Them as being included together with the Father, even more united than the classic trinity, the idea of the Godhead.

But truly, this is not something that is often discussed and little is explicit in LDS theology on the subject.

Edit: Sorry, my answers come so slowly with how long I take to formulate my responses. [Smile]

[ July 19, 2004, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Taal,

quote: As of right now, I'm content with not being omnicient

Is that conditioned on having access to the omniscient via admittedly flawed and rationally-awkward channels?

I understand that recieving all-knowledge would, in the words of Strong Bad, make my head a splode.

And yeah. Faith that the fellow who DOES know it all is working for my best interests helps a lot.

TMedina
Member # 6649

With respect Gnix, it still sounds like self-rationalizing justification.

Everything holds true _if_ we accept these basic premises. If we accept this interpretation, this makes sense.

To me, it still sounds like trying to explain thunder with someone rolling a strike above the clouds.

Hence the nature of faith, I suppose.

-Trevor

fallow
Member # 6268

taal,

quote:
"In the image of God he created them. Male and Female, he created them."

So, mommy is an earthly redepiction of (the cross-dressing Holy Ghost's portion of the triumvirile's triad)?

fallow

beverly
Member # 6246

I'm pretty sure that the Holy Ghost is male. Also, he is a spirit, no physical body like Father and Mother in Heaven. Not likely to be the same entity.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ok Fallow, now you're just trolling [Razz]

-Trevor

beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
With respect Gnix, it still sounds like self-rationalizing justification.

Everything holds true _if_ we accept these basic premises. If we accept this interpretation, this makes sense.

To me, it still sounds like trying to explain thunder with someone rolling a strike above the clouds.

Hence the nature of faith, I suppose.

You know, quite honestly, that's how I look at science.

"We don't *really* know what is going on here, but according to our observations, we deduce X."

"Oops, no, we were wrong. We observed C, F, and M, so we now deduce... Y."

"Uh, sorry, strike that last one, we just observed Q!"

All us humans just a tryin' to understand our universe.

Wouldn't it be nice if God just told some prophets what's going on and they tell us? Oh wait! He did.

I am being silly. I am just pointing out that both *are* valid points of view. I won't knock yours if you don't knock mine. [Smile]

[ July 19, 2004, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would echo Taalcon in a fashion on this. This may be my own doctrine too, but.. here goes.
The feminine presence was once explicit. At some point in time, I believe, God commanded his prophets, seers, and revelators to not refer to her further, because people cursing in his name was bad enough.
I look at it from a personal view. My father never permitted us to curse or talk down to my mother. Our Heavenly Father has done the same thing. His church has never denied that there is a Heavenly Mother. (this is on the assumption that the LDS church is His church.) It's stated quite clearly in our Hymnal. I don't believe God's church has ever denied the feminine presence. I believe that Christ felt very highly of women by his relationships expressed in the New Testament.
And, ancient paganism... goddess worship... etc, likely spawned from those who were part of God's church in ancient times... or descendants of such faith that were isolated from revelation and confirmation from God's ordained prophets.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*demures from touching broom*

I am NOT!

Just wondering if the lack of the explicitly feminine in the triune godhead should be swept into the wisedom bin of "inexplicability".

fallow

Taalcon
Member # 839

Faith IS a very important principal. It's been even said that Faith was one of the 'tools' used in the Creation of the World itself.

Plus, Miracles are said only to manifest themselves AFTER the trial of Faith.

I can only say, as a convert myself who initially gawked at this, that it has manifested its truth to me. It can be...very personal. But also undeniable.

This is true for non LDS as well - we don't have the monopoly on Faith Miracles.

As much as 'Healing (spiritual and physical) By Faith' is a gift of the Spirit, 'Faith to Be Healed' is an equally important gift.

beverly
Member # 6246

gnixing, that was quite, strikingly elegant IMO. [Smile]
fallow
Member # 6268

bev,

do me a favor. don't malign science, when you don't know what you're talking about, please.

fallow

Taalcon
Member # 839

*agrees with Bev* Very nice, Gnix!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.