FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vána and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (that got a lot better)

Author Topic: Vána and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (that got a lot better)
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to go home! [Cry] I have actually cried at my desk twice already today, and it's just after lunch.

My kitten might have a parasite. I'm tired from being too busy, and also because Lime's new work schedule means I just don't get enough sleep (you'd think I'd have adjusted in seven weeks). I just keep getting more and more frustrated and trapped by having only one car (it means I need rides to and from work three days a week, and after work, I'm stuck at home - he doesn't get home until after 9, sometimes as late as 10) - I feel like I'm a burden to the people who have been so generous with helping me with my transportation. And, of course, without a second car, I can't even try to get a new job.

And to top it all of, I went to sit in my chair with one leg tucked under me, but that ended up pulling at my one pair of khakis and ripping them and now I just don't know what I'm going to do. Beg someone to take me shopping, I guess, this evening, because I don't know what else I'll wear to work. In the meantime, though, I have to wear them while I'm here - guess I'll basically be staying seated as much as possible.

*tries really hard not to cry again*

[ July 20, 2004, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Vána ]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't live in Atlanta/Dekalb by chance, do you?

Sorry, will stuff paranoia back into his little box under the bed [Big Grin]

As for the rest, I am so very, very sorry - some days are just like that. Of course, my life has been like that - but oh well.

I hope the kitten gets better and I'm sorry about the khakis - but on the bright side, going shopping might be a refreshing change of pace from what has otherwise been just a bad, miserable, no-good week?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Julie, would you like to go shopping this evening? We'd have to go somewhere that's stroller-accessible, but I know too well the pain of being home without transportation and no khakis to call my own.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Vana! *hugs*

Maybe if I tell you about my crappy day then your crappy day won't be so bad? It's worth a try.

I put to much hair goop in my hair after I washed it. I had to rewash it because it wouldn't dry. It just turned in to spaghetti, unboiled spaghetti that is.

My six year old step-son has been playing control tug-o-war with me. I won't even go into that!

Our Golden Retriever is seriously losing his mind. I've put the dogs outside because I don't think we need any more "hair puppies" inside this week. The Golden Retriever, Jaimor, is flipping out. He's completely eaten the garage door knob off. He's scrapped up the molding on the back door. I'm ready to shoot him.

I've got back pains. Serious ones. I'm like a little old lady. Every time I bend over to weed or pick something up, I can't stand up, because of the pain. So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to convince them that I need healing of some sort.

I've got front pains. I have no clue what they are. They were so bad I had to go to the emergency ward while on vacation over the 4th. I ended up getting a pelvic exam on my vacation. Who does that? Oh...and I went to Meadville, PA for vacation. What a crappy place to vacation!
Oh and I'm going to the gyno next week. That in itself is a bummer.

What size pants do you wear? Maybe I can send you some of mine. I just want to wear yoga pants these days. To lazy to dress properly!

Feel better?

Poor kitty!

(((((Vana))))) ((((((kitty)))))

[ July 19, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that Tom is a Great Human Being. [Smile]

I wish I was there for ya, Jules. I really do. *hug*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Vána gets to meet Sophie?

I'm jealous!

*hugs* It sounds like you've got a logistical nightmare going, but the people who are giving you rides probably don't mind as much as you mind feeling like a burden. You'll get a chance to balance out the cosmic scorecard someday, so don't let it get you down.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

Tom - seriously? You would seriously come into Rockford to take me to look for pants? And I'd get to see the baby? That is too good to be true - I won't believe it until I hear back from you.

If you really, truly do mean it, of course I will accept your offer!

TM - no, I'm in Illinois - what are you paranoid about? And yeah, if I get to go shopping, at least I'll be out of the apartment for a little bit this evening.

Tammy - yuck! I'm sorry you're having a rotten time of it, too! I guess my problems aren't so bad, at least I've only got a headache and am not having to have any pelvic exams! (I'm with you on the gyno exams - I had mine last month - blech.) Heehee - wouldn't it be wonderful to just wear yoga pants all the time? Darn work dress codes! [Wink]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Everything you just said screamed "ex-girlfriend."

Sorry, my imagination was wigging out on me. [Big Grin]

I hope your day gets better - tell Tom I said hi.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I mean it. *laugh* We're supposed to be hanging out with Sara and getting a new satellite dish this afternoon, but I think we're free this evening.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
(Vána here - I went to change my e-mail address in my profile, and seems I somehow screwed something up and can't log back in right now. [Dont Know] )

That is so fantastic, Tom! I sent you an e-mail. Is Sara coming too?

*dances* Thank you guys so much!!

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Psst - When you change your email address, they automatically change your password, so you have to look at the email they send to your new email address to log back in.

Sorry you're having such a bad day. I can empathize - I've had a pretty stressful one too. My boss has been out of town since late last week, so I'm the boss. And one of our tests over the weekend had a minor equipment malfunction so this morning I was afraid that our customer's customer would want us to repeat the entire 4 and a half day test. And another work emergency came up so I had to cancel my doctor's appointment I had for tomorrow (after waiting in horrible pain for a week, I get to wait another week in horrible pain till the next available appointment). [Frown] Luckilly, our customer just informed me that we don't need to redo the entire test, just the 2 hour portion that we lost the data for.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

As soon as Sara actually calls us (*points to above post*) I will be able to say if she's coming or not. [Smile]

One consideration, though: we have a carseat in back, which means it might be kind of uncomfortable back there. How small are y'all feeling?

Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
I now owe Tom and Christy a dinner out someplace nice. Thank you ever so much. I really hate having Jules stuck at home without a car - and you, Tom and Christy have made both of our days. Ask Julie when a good weekend would be and we'll take you out for dinner.

I've done some used car shopping already today. Once things cool down here a little bit, I'll get some more done and hopefully we can pull something off in the next two weeks, Babe.

[ July 19, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Julie, we'll be picking Sara up fairly soon, after Sophie's appointment, so I'll need directions and your phone number again. [Smile] Thanks.
Vána
Member # 6593

Thanks, ludosti - they were just slow with sending the new password, turns out. All fixed now!

Tom, Christy, Sara - yay! [Smile] I've got no problem squeezing in next to a car seat. Oh, and I sent the directions and the phone number. Yay! I'll see you guys in a bit. [Big Grin]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
<-is extremely tempted to leave work and drive to Rockford.>

AJ
( [Mad] no it isn't logically feasible, I couldn't get out there before 7:30 at the earliest and I have a giant bruise on my leg due to some log hauling experiments from the weekend and I don't need to be running around as a result)

But I'm tempted. [Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

Aww...what a nice thought! [Smile] We'll have to actually *plan* something sometime soon. Then we can all get together!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

What about Beef-A-Roo on South Alpine next week?

That's where I normally exchange dogs with Cindy so I don't have to go all the way to Byron.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

oh there's the whole missing car problem. I forgot. Well I could maybe come pick you up or something.

AJ

Vána
Member # 6593

Sure, that would be cool! I live off of North Alpine now, instead of South Alpine, but it's really not difficult to find me from Alpine. What day are you thinking?
Vána
Member # 6593

(I've gotta go now, but I'll check back later tonight, or you can always e-mail me - VanaEveryoung AT gmail.com - whatever's best for you! [Smile] )
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] [Hail] [Hail] [ROFL] [Kiss] [The Wave] [Party] [Hat]

Everyone in this thread gets a cookie.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I'd of offered to take you shopping if you lived within 50 miles of me.

*pouts* There is absolutely no one in my little part of the world to hook up with.

Have fun tonight you guys!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

See Van? It did work out for the best after all. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Vána
Member # 6593

Olivia, Tammy - you are both ladied I would adore going shopping with. Either of you coming to KamaCon?

Trevor - it sure did! [Big Grin]

Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
:: watches insane amount of hatrack traffic that's about to pass me by ::
:: curses insane workload ::
:: huggle julie :: Have fun!

Satyagraha

[ July 19, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Insanity Plea ]

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Either of you coming to KamaCon?
I really wish I could, but I can't.

Anytime you and Lime are down my way, please do call!

(okay..e-mail first...then call.) [Smile]

Vána
Member # 6593

Aww...thank you, Satuagraha. There will be other get-togethers!

Tammy, of course - uhh...where are you again? I can't remember!

Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Just promise you'll give Sophie a huggle for me.
:: can't wait to see the insane amount of cuteness ::
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I feel like I'm a burden to the people who have been so generous with helping me with my transportation.
I totally feel you here, but try not to let it bother you. Do what I do...make a vow that you will one day help people who need transportation whenever you can.

Pay it forward.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Vána
Member # 6593

Hee! Sophie is such a sweetie. And there's nothing in the world like soft baby skin.

PSI, you're right, I will try not to let it get to me too much, and I will absolutely be a transportation volunteer in the future, when I am able.

Tammy - I have a friend going to grad school in NC...now if only I could remember which college....

Tammy
Member # 4119

Vannnaaa....

Shopping trip details pllluease!

Did you get any pants?

Exactly how cute was this little cutie?

Did you go eat?

Okay - now's the part where you break in and tell me to get a life.

Vána
Member # 6593

heehee! Okay, okay! Well, first we went to Beef-A-Roo for dinner - anyone who came for the Weird Al concert will remember Tom's fascination with Beef-A-Roo, so of course we had to go. Everyone agreed it was good. [Smile]

Sophie is just adorable! She's got the baby chipmunk cheeks that are just so sweet, and she stuck out her tongue a couple of times! heehee - I love that. She also held onto my finger for a bit in the car.

And, yes! I did in fact buy two pairs of pants. Thank goodness! And, an added bonus, I had enough on a gift card to completely pay for them! Christy got a skirt, too, and a little outfit for Sophie.

Tom, Christy, Sara - I really just want to say thank you again for coming down and spending the evening with me. I hope you enjoyed yourselves - I certainly had a good time. [Smile]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so jealous of you. [Wink]

Tammy, you and I just need to bucle down and tell our families we're moving to the Midwest. That's all there is to it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*insanely jealous*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Julie, as we consider you and Dan to be friends, I should point out that we do not feel it necessary to thank us for spending time with you. [Smile] It was our pleasure.
Vána
Member # 6593

But, you didn't just spend time with me...you made an awful day a whole lot better. And for that, at least, you do deserve thanks. I insist. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.