FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's been a GOOD day

Author Topic: It's been a GOOD day
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, not to be insensitive or anything, but maybe the forum could use a bit of cheering up? So anyway, I arrived at work at ten, as usual, to find that my scholarship has been renewed for the year. I was expecting it, to be sure, but it's good to know that I won't be selling myself on street corners.

Then I answered some emails from my family - my sister has got herself a summer job at a hotel, which apparently is a lot of work; I'm well out of that - and finally got down to work, puttering about with an extension to the program I'm working on. Mainly cutting and pasting, to add some functionality that's very similar to some stuff I already had. Ten minutes of that, time for lunch... An hour later, I complete what I was working on, and it compiles! On the first try!

Then I added some new functionality, just some vector math in two dimensions, and went off to see my professor. Who was vastly impressed that I'd gotten this done so quickly, God knows why, and praised me considerably. "Good work," quoth he, which is always pleasant to hear.

Home around five, off for fencing at seven. Won both my matches, 5-4, 5-3. Silly American fencers tend to pick up bad habits from the foil, which is a sissy weapon. Real men fence with epees.

Home again, long strategic discussion with my friend Lotus Lo. Computer games. We just won the Franco-Prussian war (he's Prussia, I'm an extremely unhistorical Sweden) and are discussing what to do about the Russian Problem. Which is, they're still big even after thirty years of revolts, and they own the satellite state of Finnland. Which is rightfully Swedish land, and must be returned, or else. I was promised German support for the project, which is good, since my forty divisions won't impress the Czar on their own.

All things going well, time for bed...

[ July 19, 2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: King of Men ]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The reports cards are done.

Stuffed, sealed, stamped, mailed. DONE.

*does cartwheels*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It's... a...
Great big, beautiful,
Wonderful, incredible,
Super-spectacular day.

And the skies are hummin'
With good things comin',
And you've got that happy feelin'
Things are goin' your way.

All the bells are ringin'
And a little bird's singin'
While he sits on your windowsill,
Singin', "Yessiree,
I can surely see
This will plainly be,
Most definitely,
A super-spectacular day!!!"

Until....

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing really bad happened to me today. Which the "day from hell" club has been helping me to appreciate. And I got to sleep in.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meruhesae
Member # 6698

- posted      Profile for Meruhesae   Email Meruhesae         Edit/Delete Post 
My cat was affectionate today. [Smile] She usually isn't. Didn't get to sleep in, because my cat desperately wanted to be petted this morning (meaning she threw herself at the doorknob 'till I got up and let her in).

[ROFL]

Nice to know other people are having good days too.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Since real men fence with epees, I'm glad I'm a woman and fencing with foil. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see Spiderman 2. Enjoyed it. Didn't trip. Didn't spill my popcorn. Didn't walk out of the bathroom with four feet of toilet paper stuck to my foot.

But, alas, stopped to get gas and publically humiliated myself trying to figure out the bloody credit card thingy. [Wall Bash] I've discovered, perhaps a bit later than everyone else, that shouting at machines doesn't make them work.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.