FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con -Arrival Times VERY IMPORTANT If you are being picked up see pg 4 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Kama Con -Arrival Times VERY IMPORTANT If you are being picked up see pg 4
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
(reposting this so Sax and Rivka don't miss it - the fate of many last posts on a page.)

Rivka,

I sent you some new email.

Sax,

gonna send you some in just a few minutes.

Mildly important travel info.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I need to know where to go, where to be and who to meet when on Friday. I.E. I get off the plane and start heading where? If someone could email me (josh at zevlag dot com) just so I don't miss it that would be cool.

My cell is 801.628.9627 I will be available on that after I land in Chicago.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

ACK - I am not reading this stuff correctly at all.

SAX - forget my email - it looks like AJ is picking you up.

Zevlag and JNSB - looks like you're stuck with me. [Wink]

I don't have a cell phone, but you can leave a message or talk to Diane at the office (708-209-1500). I'm planning on making a stop at the office on the way to pick you up and then another brief detour to pick Diane up there on our way back from the airport to the hotel.

EDIT TO ADD: Zev, you need to make your way to the airport railway (free) and take it out to the parking area. There's a kiss n' fly area where you can drive in and pick people up. I'll be coming by at 1 pm or so. I have a big old full sized chevy conversion van, with disability stickers all over the side doors (overkill on the part of the previous owner).

Me - short middle-aged hobitty-type with graying beard and hair. Probly wear some kind of disability-related tshirt, about getting out the vote or something like that. Or maybe my "short people" tshirt. Decisions, decisions...

[ August 12, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
So...has anyone volunteered to help us Midway folks make our way to Skokie, or should I start researching timetables?
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
EDIT TO ADD: Zev, you need to make your way to the airport railway (free) and take it out to the parking area. There's a kiss n' fly area where you can drive in and pick people up. I'll be coming by at 1 pm or so. I have a big old full sized chevy conversion van, with disability stickers all over the side doors (overkill on the part of the previous owner).
1) Should I be making my way to this area as well?
2) What color is your van?
3) Should I address you as the drakester?
4) Let me know if there's anything you need to know from me. I already posted my flight info, so you might check online to see if the flights (mine and Josh's) have come in before you rush off to the airport. I will be checking one bag, and so will trot off to the baggage claim first thing, then off to wherever you want me to be.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what Mr. Berg said. [Angst]

[ August 12, 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no problem waiting until Marek's arrival, BTW, so long as I know in advance to bring a good book and I won't be missing any Friday afternoon activities.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to change my flight because of life events, so I won't be arriving at Midway till 6:35 [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
1) Should I be making my way to this area as well?
2) What color is your van?
3) Should I address you as the drakester?
4) Let me know if there's anything you need to know from me. I already posted my flight info, so you might check online to see if the flights (mine and Josh's) have come in before you rush off to the airport. I will be checking one bag, and so will trot off to the baggage claim first thing, then off to wherever you want me to be.

JNSB,

Sorry, yes, please do the same thing as Zevlag. If it doesn't seem obvious, just ask O'Hare info people about getting to the rail and the kiss n' fly area.

I answer to Stephen, Steve, sndrake, or almost any variation on "Drake" - I'm really shaky on people's real names (don't think I'm the only one) and we can start the process of tying RL names to screen names right then and there.

The van is blue - and kinda rusty looking.

I'll hunt for the flight info you posted (and Zevlag's too) and check the flights when I go to the office after dropping Rivka off at the hotel.

If one of you is on time and the other is very delayed, I'll come at the sceduled time and we'll figure out how to cover the ride for the other person (although AJ is going out to O'Hare later - that might be one option. Or I could go back would be another.)

We'll get it covered one way or another.

See ya tomorrow! And you can remind me what your own RL name or preferred nick is. [Smile]

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the timetable I'm being picked up by AJ. Is that still what's happening?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

RRR,

I assume that the schedule is what we are going to go by.

It's possible flight delays could force some rescheduling - but we'll just have to figure out how to deal with those when and if they happen.

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can make some Midway runs. I'm thinking maybe I could head for Chicago at around nine or so and stop off at Midway at noonish? Then go back at threeish?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Success! We have convinced my spam filter that sndrake is NOT spam! [Big Grin] Email has been responded to.

I'm heading to the airport early (my mom plans to be asleep by the time my flight leaves [Wink] ), so I'll only be around a couple hours longer.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

threeish? I'll be there then, can you pick me up? And if so, where do i need to be to find you?

[Note: self inviteing always makes me feel like a pushy jerk, but I'm really not, i think]

[ August 12, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

Marek and Richard Berg: my aunt says it's an easy airport to get around in. Just tell me what airline and I'll drive to that pickup spot. My cell phone is 574-532-3071 and I never ever ever leave it on for phone calls, but I will tomorrow, so you can call me if we can't find each other.

My car is a gold camry solara. That means it is a camry with two doors and it is the most beautiful gold color you've ever seen on a car [Smile]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

So if you could post now what airline, and what you might be wearing, and what you look like, that'd be good. OH. And my cell phone won't be on till tomorrow. Email me if you need to talk tonite.

[ August 12, 2004, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Marek
Member # 5404

I'm on Southwest. I'll probably be dressed about the same as i am in this picture (I'm the one on the left) [Razz]

Also there are more recent ones of me on there too if that helps any.

Theca
Member # 1629

My aunt says I have to keep the car moving, I can't just park and wait so if you see my gold camry driving off, don't worry, I'll be coming back around.

Richard, if I don't hear from you before I leave at 9 am...then I probably won't leave till noon and you'll have to wait till 3 to be picked up. And I'll just be looking for Marek at Southwest until I hear otherwise.

Richard Berg
Member # 133

Theca, I am also on Southwest, flight 1668. My pictures were posted on page 16-17 of the giant KamaCon thread. I'll be wearing typical preppy college gear, and will call once I'm in the baggage area.

Phone: 919-225-5883. It's always on (stalkers and Ralphie take note)

Theca
Member # 1629

AJ just said something about someone else having volunteered for you, Richard, but then she went offline. So now I guess I'm confused.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Fizako volunteered, but we hadn't set anything definite. My computer crashed, and I don't have AIM on Steve's computer.

This totally blows. Why ow why did the darn thing crash TONIGHT OF ALL NIGHTS

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

Was she going to stop by there on her way into town? Or make a special trip?
Theca
Member # 1629

It'd be easier for me to leave home at noon than at 9:30, but I can do it either way. I just need to know.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

She would be going from the hotel to the airport,she's actually in the Chicago area tonight staying with her brother I think.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Theca do what works best for you. We can get someone to pick Richard up at Midway. Just let me know.

AJ

Theca
Member # 1629

Ok, well, I'll pick up Marek and then Mackillian for sure, and then at some point in the next 12 hours we'll figure out who is meeting Richard.
Richard Berg
Member # 133

I leave the land of broadband somewhere around 9am. But if it comes down to it, put me last on the list of people to worry about when it comes to navigating strange cities [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
See y'all there! [Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

I suppose you can just call my cell when you get into Midway and I'll tell you what the plan is.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Chaos has struck - first bit for the day.

Her flight didn't leave until just a few minutes ago, so she'll get into O'Hare at 10 am rather than the scheduled 6:30 am time.

(scrambling to look for flight info for Zevlag and JNSB)

sndrake
Member # 4941

Zevlag -

I just sent you an email. I can't find your flight info and need the specifics so I can check to see if your flight is on time today.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
We are leaving as soon as Ryuko gets here, which should be in about 15 minutes. Look for us around 3ish. Woot!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't sure if anyone else called Josh, so I called and left him a message on his cell relaying him the message.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

D'oh!

Thanks, Insanity Plea.

I just called and left a message for him myself. JNSB's flight left on time according to flight tracker, so it looks like pickup time will be about the same - although I anticipate hanging out at the kiss n' fly to about 12:30 or so for him to make his way out there.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah (RRR) is arriving in Chicago at 1:25 [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone!
If anyone at Kama Con see's Michael Stamm (the tick) could you remind him that his wife is waiting to see if he got there ok...His train was scheduled to arrive @ 11:00 am. Hope you all have a great time!
~Arthur

Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw and I arrived a little while ago. Huge crowd of folks here. It's wonderful! It's like one of those fantasy sequences where you get to walk inside a movie.

Or animation...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Tick is here! When I go back upstairs, I'll remind him to call home.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of xnera
Member # 3920

- posted      Profile for ghost of xnera   Email ghost of xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I am leaving work in ten minutes, and then I will be on my way! ETA is either 5:45 or 6:00, depending on which bus I catch. *bounces excitedly*
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be arriving at the hotel somewhere between 8:30 and 10:00, depending on when my husband gets home to take the kid and what traffic is like.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Phone: 919-225-5883. It's always on (stalkers and Ralphie take note)
Pfft. You are SO last month.

(Plus, you broke my heart. [Frown] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAMA_CON
Member # 6771

- posted      Profile for KAMA_CON           Edit/Delete Post 
We're here...

Some people went out for swing dancing.

Some people are playing various games.

Others are still eating.

Some are taking naps.

Some have simply wandered off other places we know not where.

And the t-shirts are great!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.